Nigar needed a break from negative roles

currentchaos thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
   Saturday, February 03, 2007

By A.L. Chougule

Nigar Khan who is known for the strong negative characters she played on TV is now doing comedy for the first time in her career. "I wanted a break from negative roles and I thought comedy would be the best bet to explore because I have not done this before," says the glamorous actress who plays the bossy Angelina Madam in Yes Boss. "Angelina is a stylish and strict woman who has come to Ad Craft to improve the employees' productivity. But she takes a liking to Mohan (Rakesh Bedi) and falls in love with him. In fact, she goes to the extent of seducing him and even when she comes to know that he is married to his colleague Meera, she doesn't give up and dreams of marrying him," says Nigaar.

The actress is very happy with her co-stars because she says, "Comedy is tough. But with co-actors like Rakesh and Kavita Kapoor helping me improvise on my performance I should do a good job." When asked if she will soon be seen in Kasamh Se again, Nigar says, "Barnali has been sent to jail. So it's a kind of break for me. But it's a very important character in the show and I am sure Ekta will bring it back. All kinds of possibilities are open in a daily soap."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

is she in yes boss what character is she playing of
ishani9 thumbnail
she's the new boss that just entered the show.