Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

my review here it has spoilers 

It is a tribute to police officers who risk their life to protect citizens- their courage, hardwork and sincerity. Some good scenes in initial episodes: holding bomb from the kid or sid driving into the bomb car 

Rohit shetty style action, flying cars and bombs. 

Isha talwar’s character was unnecessary and just for frills unless she has some more importance next season 

In some scenes Sid was good like interrogating Khan or eating food with Tara or asking nafeesa zaraar’s whereabouts 

Vikram (Vivek) and Kabir (Sidharth) friendship is nice

Tara (Shilpa) gujrat ats to delhi special cell. Shilpa mainly eating cake or tiffin sunday binge hangover in first half of the series. I liked the scene when Tara killed unaisa. 

Some people are saying the cast can’t act: Shweta, Sharad (Jagdeep), Mukesh (Jaideep) and Nikitin(rana) good show a range of expressions 

Nice dialogues from Kabir (Sid): Life is picking up the pieces and facing the storm. And hum bhi dehi police hai (when someone told him the man is dangerous). No matter whose blood is shed a mother cries. Delhi ka launda hoon uthe ke le aaunga. The Human Mind is diamond mine and garbage bin. 

Vivek’s role as Vikram was impactful he held the bomb from the child and was concerned when Zarar pointed a gun at the child when he had caught him. Vikram could have sacrificed the child for the country but I guess he didn’t because he also has a son around that age. 

I didn’t like zaraar love song (why do I care about his love story) could just keep the come back soon scene 

Sikku died parents had disowned both sons. Zarar lives in dharbhanga

After others dead Salamat is helping zarar

Nafeesa showed bravery helping the police. I liked how Nafeesa and Kabir explained that Islam teaches peace and loving your country

Edited by priya185 - 3 months ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

priya185 thumbnail
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: priya185

Indian police force review thread 

the series is out now on Amazon Prime

Thank you for tagging me.  So far I’ve only seen a handful of reviews.  I have watched only two episodes and then got busy with my day.  I’ll watch the rest tonight and post my reviews.  

priya185 thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Thank you for tagging me.  So far I’ve only seen a handful of reviews.  I have watched only two episodes and then got busy with my day.  I’ll watch the rest tonight and post my reviews.  

You are welcome

I will read your review after watching in the weekend I was busy with my birthday

please do not tag me if you post spoilers 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

https://x.com/bollyhungama/status/1748053064278540580?s=46&t=IGu4IMPfQ74glqp5iF7tIA 

Web Series Review: Indian Police ForceBy Bollywood Hungama News Network - 

January 19, 2024 - 12:05 AM IST 

INDIAN POLICE FORCE is the story of cops hunting down a terrorist. On Delhi Police Raising Day, the National Capital is rocked by a series of blasts. Kabir Malik (Sidharth Malhotra), Vikram Bakshi (Vivek Oberoi), Rana (Nikitin Dheer) and others of Special Police Unit of Delhi Police are given the charge of the case. They are joined by Tara Shetty (Shilpa Shetty Kundra), Gujarat ATS chief. The mastermind they are trying to find is none other than Zarar aka Haider (Mayyank Taandon). He’s living as a paying guest at the house of a mechanic Saeed (Lalit Parimoo), who’s also a terrorist. Saeed’s mother and daughter Nafeesa (Vaidehi Parshurami) have no idea about their involvement. Nafeesa assumes Zarar is a perfume seller and falls in love with him. Zarar, meanwhile, is planning his next operation and getting the handlers out of Delhi. When one of the handlers calls home, Kabir’s team finds out their location. They attack the safe house. All the handlers die, except one but Zarar escapes. Meanwhile, Kabir’s team loses a brave police officer. Kabir is transferred. Zarar, on the other hand, reaches Jaipur to execute another round of terror attack. What happens next forms the rest of the series.

#Indian Police Force

Web Series Review: Indian Police Force

• Photos: Sidharth Malhotra, Vivek Oberoi and Shilpa Shetty snapped during Indian Police Force promotions
  • Photos: Shilpa Shetty and Vivek Oberoi snapped during Indian Police Force promotions
  • Photos: Sidharth Malhotra, Shilpa Shetty, Vivek Oberoi and Rohit Shetty snapped during Indian Police Force promotions
  • Photos: Sidharth Malhotra, Shilpa Shetty, Vivek Oberoi and Rohit Shetty snapped during Indian Police Force promotions
  • Photos: Rohit Shetty, Shilpa Shetty, Vivek Oberoi and Sidharth Malhotra snapped in Bandra
  • Photos: Sidharth Malhotra, Shilpa Shetty, Vivek Oberoi, Rohit Shetty and others snapped at the trailer launch of Indian Police Force

Next

Sandeep Saket and Anusha Nandkumar’s story is well-researched. Sandeep Saket and Anusha Nandkumar’s screenplay, too, is interesting. A few scenes stand out, more so for the action. Sandeep Saket, Anusha Nandkumar, Ayush Trivedi, Vidhi Ghodgaonkar and Sanchit Bedre’s dialogues are normal but a few of them are sharp.

Rohit Shetty and Sushwanth Prakash’s direction is decent. The directors have tried their best to enhance the mass quotient and even scale of the show. All the locations are depicted in a grand fashion as if this is a big-screen film. They ensure that the viewers are interested and invested in the cat and mouse chase between the cops and the dreaded terrorist spanning several cities. A few scenes stand out like Vikram taking a live bomb in his hand, the madness at Firoza Nagar, Jaideep Bansal (Mukesh Rishi) advising Kabir and Vikram to break the rules, the death of a cop, the police getting into a fight with Goldie Rodrigues (Sunil Rodrigues) and his men in Goa etc. The last two episodes are the best of the lot.

On the flipside, the series doesn’t present anything that we have not seen before in a Rohit Shetty venture. There are no twists and turns or cameo appearances from any character of the cop universe. The action scenes also give a been-there-done-that feeling. Moreover, the principal characters don’t have particularly entertaining characteristics.

Sidharth Malhotra looks convincing as an action hero. Vivek Oberoi looks dashing and does well. Sadly, his screen time is limited. Shilpa Shetty Kundra, too, has less screen time but she compensates for it with her acts and stunts. Mayyank Taandon is fine as the antagonist. Vaidehi Parshurami is the best performer of the show. Her character is well-written, and she does justice to it. Shruti Panwar (Unaiza) leaves a mark. Mukesh Rishi, Niktin Dheer, Lalit Parimoo, Rituraj Singh (Rafeeq), Karanvir Malhotra (Sikku), Rakshit Wahi (Moin) and Purnendu Bhattacharya (Home Minister) lend able support. Isha Talwar (Rashmi) is lovely in a cameo. Shweta Tiwari (Shruti) is great in the breakdown scene but is forgotten after a point. Mrinal Kulkarni (Ruksana; Kabir’s mother) is strictly okay. Mohak Meet (Shadab), Sunil Rodrigues, Akashdeep Sabir (Mudassar; Zarar’s father), Deepak Qazir (Khan Sahab) and Harsh Sharma (Salamat) are fair in small roles. Sharad Kelkar (Jagtap) is apt.

There are 3 songs in the film. The ‘IPF Theme’ is very catchy. ‘Bairiya Re’ and ‘Koi Aayat’ are forgettable but are shot nicely by Sneha Shetty Kohli. Amar Mohile’s background score tries to enhance the tension and mass appeal.

Girish Kant and Raza Hussain Mehta’s cinematography is spectacular. The aerial shots give a nice touch. Swapnil Bhalerao and Madhur Madhavan’s production design is appropriate. Navin Shetty, Mehek Navin Shetty and Laxman Gollar’s costumes are realistic and also appealing. Sunil Rodrigues’ action and Rohit Shetty’s action design are devoid of gore and blood. NY VFXWaala’s VFX is average. Bunty Nagi’s editing is pacy.

On the whole, INDIAN POLICE FORCE has the trademark Rohit Shetty stamp all over. Due to the abundance of action and association of Rohit Shetty, it is bound to garner a huge viewership.

Rating: 3.5 stars

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

https://x.com/bollybubble/status/1748052451255844985?s=46&t=IGu4IMPfQ74glqp5iF7tIA 

Indian Police Force Review: Sidharth Malhotra makes an action-packed entry with Shilpa Shetty and Vivek Oberoi; Rohit Shetty delivers a hit on OTTBollywood Bubble

Rohit Shetty's digital debut has great action and Sidharth Malhotra's cop portrayal shines through in our review of Indian Police Force.

indian police force review

Film:
Indian Police Force 

Bubble Rating:
3.5 stars

Director: Rohit Shetty, Sushwanth Prakash

Creator: Rohit Shetty

Star cast: Sidharth Malhotra, Shilpa Shetty, Vivek Oberoi

No. of Episodes: 7

Platform: Amazon Prime Video

Indian Police Force Review

In one of the episodes of the show, Sidharth Malhotra’s character says police officers should be like Singham, Simmba or Sooryavanshi. And when you see Indian Police Force, you know that Kabir Malik is the next name worthy to be on the list. Rohit Shetty’s digital debut is all that you would expect from him- police bravery and massy action. Seeing the show will make you realise that his world not only appeals on the big screen but on OTT too. 

Story

Indian Police Force is a story of the Delhi Police department trying to catch the terrorists who cause serial bombings in the city on Delhi Police Raising Day. Special Cell unit Inspector Vikram Bakshi and his prodigy Kabir Malik, take help from Gujarat ATS Chief Tara Shetty to catch the man behind the loss of several innocent lives, as he isn’t going to stop. 

What’s good about Indian Police Force

Screenplay: With the show being 7 episode long, it’s important to keep the audiences engrossed throughout, and IPF succeeds in that. The storyline and the depiction of it is engaging. Going from Delhi to Jaipur to Goa and other places, it never feels out of the blue. The search of police never seems too convenient or hard at purpose.

Action: If there is one thing you can be assured of in a Rohit Shetty project, it has to be high-class action. One of the episodes has a long encounter between the police and the terrorists with guns, and it will get the adrenaline rushing in you. Even the hand combat scenes are choreographed and executed well. 

Background Music: Action becomes all the more effective with appropriate BGM and Rohit has a sharp ear for that. He applies that in IPF as well. The action scenes became all the more powerful because of the high-energy BGM. 

Sidharth Malhotra returned to don the uniform for the second time after Shershaah, and he aced it yet again. The actor has a charm that comes on display much better in uniform. He holds the intensity that his role requires, yet there is a softness in him providing balance. Sid has made a smashing OTT debut with this one. 

What didn’t work for Indian Police Force

Visuals: Visuals aren’t to be confused with the screenplay here. The biggest problem with IPF is that it’s shot in a way that even at real locations, it feels like the scenes have been shot in front of a green screen. That does create a big disconnect. 

Dialogues: The kind of dialogues IPF has is what one enjoys on the big screen because of the theatre experience. On the digital platfrom, the audience is more used to dialogues rooted in reality and that’s where IPF suffers. 

Star Performances

Sidharth Malhotra has put in his best efforts to imbibe the cop avatar and succeeded. After watching him in Shershaah, one would expect him to excel in uniform and he didn’t disappoint. He shines in the emotional scenes, but his action prowess is applause-worthy. He portrays strength and vulnerability at the same time. The ‘Dilli Ka Launda’ vibe that he brings to Kabir is charming. With Singham, Simmba and Sooryavanshi already part of the cop-verse, it’s a big task to match up to them, but as Kabir, Sidharth proves his worth as he joins the illustrious league.

Shilpa Shetty entered as the first female cop of Rohit’s cop-verse. While their is a big responsibility that comes with it, she fulfils it head on. Her action scenes are also wuite impactful. The hospital scene is where she just nails it. 

Vivek Oberoi is a good actor and that is proven yet again in the show. His fight scene with the terrorists is enchanting, and his buddy scenes with Sidharth and Shilpa are heartwarming. He is the one who will invoke patriotism the most in you and even make you cry at a point. 

Shweta Tiwari doesn’t get much to do, but there is one emotional scene where she shines. The best acted scene in the whole show. Mayyank Taandon as the terrorist Zarar is good in his role. He doesn’t go over with his portrayal and yet you can sense his rage and intentions. 

Conclusion

Concluding the Indian Police Force review, let’s just say that Rohit Shetty’s over-the-top action universe looks as amazing on OTT as it does on the big screen. Sidharth and Rohit both have made impressive digital debuts and it will be exciting to see how it adds up in Rohit’s already existing cop-verse.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

I don’t know who this dude is but his review is funny.  He didn’t like the show but he enjoyed the action and liked my Siddy smiley4

https://youtu.be/Ga9CdT8sUlE?si=muXrZMzmjzi0DNuB 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

it’s on prime even in USA ?