Zica04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 months ago

OMG!

What the hell is happening on the show. I swear I cringe every time I see Maa acting so embarrassingly in front of the world and giving bhashan on Ma and empowerment so I was like lets see what real empowerment looks like on ITV.

For me the only show that has shown their Bahu as empowered has been Balika Vadhu. For the time period that it was made in, it was quite a progressive show. People there didn't flip as per their convenience. If a social evil was understood to be bad then it was just that. BAD. It didn't have multiplicity of colours whitewashing and justifying things like cheating, domestic violence, remarriage etc. 

I agree there were some weak spots but as compared to this really regressive show that is named as 'empowerment', that was a whole lot better and whole lot more inspiring than some old jogan coming to the US and making a fool out of herself. People in that show valued mistakes and learnt from them like any human should. The male was obviously redeemed but it had its own plot and the redemption was still acceptable and well earned.

Here people can do things as they like with no consequences and the family members value blood relations over everything else. All is good in wonderland when you have a toxic and problematic family.

I can make many comparisons that show how both the story lines are similar but are handled so differently in both the shows. I only watched the part from where Siddhart Shukla entered and I found it fairly reasonable as compared to this bullshit.

Anyway my point is that the people who say that sometimes you should just watch things as what they are. Fiction. There people dont realize that a show with this great a reach is not just fiction for people. Harry Potter is now a culture - it started as fiction. Movies like Sam Bahadur, Dangal, Thappad etc resonate with people and are praised all over because they are not just fiction. Movies like animal and Kabir Singh are criticized because people realize that it is not just fiction

So yes a show thats claimed to be very famous and progressive and face of empowerment is not just fiction. People get the wrong message about a lot of problematic things in the show.

And also I dont mean that there is no fiction in life. I agree a lot of things should just be seen as fiction and drama but when you attach a tag to the fiction then people begin to think differently about it and then you ask them to go back to seeing it as fiction then its definitely dumb.

Lemme know if I am the only one who feels this.

Edited by Zica04 - 3 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hinz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9

Great pointssmiley32

All I can say is you are expecting sense in a nonsensical show which has nothing to do with ‘women empowerment’, infact it promotes just the opposite…

How its still going strong without any groups/organisations opposing its regressiveness is beyond me…the worst of it being celebrated actors coming out with statements like the latest one to watch it for what it is- just a show…it just confirms the fact that money comes above all, morals and ethics are just a facade.

Zica04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: hinz

Great pointssmiley32

All I can say is you are expecting sense in a nonsensical show which has nothing to do with ‘women empowerment’, infact it promotes just the opposite…

How its still going strong without any groups/organisations opposing its regressiveness is beyond me…the worst of it being celebrated actors coming out with statements like the latest one to watch it for what it is- just a show…it just confirms the fact that money comes above all, morals and ethics are just a facade.

Ikr. Ik the show is beyond hope. I dont expect anything from the show just feel that it should be wrapped up asap. Trust me there is no self respect left for anyone in that show nor the characters not the actors. The actors do have potential, they should move on to something with a better storyline. I swear popularity aside these ppl will get trolled for the bullshit they are doing on screen even after this ends so better be cautious tahn sorry