Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 months ago

Hows that a dig? Hes talking about his choice of characters

Edited by mz.gigglez - 4 months ago
Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

But she isn't wrong, Maroon...omitting his 2 Don movies gives a hypocritical touch to what he said...I guess he totally forgot them when preparing his speech to make it also fit for a hint at movies like Animal.

(So, I would belong to that minority, too)

Appreciate you taking an honest stand.

It's not just about dying though...

If the movie 'glorifies' or 'makes you root' for the bad guy, then that's it.... You can't then draw a moral line for movies where the bad guy doesn't die (btw in Animal the protagonist loses his most valuable possession in life, and also loses his family at the end... just doesn't die though).

This selective moral duplicacy of the burger critics and guys like Javed Akhtar is what irks me the most.

Edited by Saleem-Pheku - 4 months ago
Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

So glad to see everyone has been calling out Animal lately. Even people as far opposite on the spectrum as SRK and Kangana. I said it before, and I'll say it again, the industry is not going to accept Animal so don't count on it winning any big awards at Filmfare. The industry is going to band together to blacklist it and any more trash created that emulates it.

i said from 1st day animal ain't winning any filmfare awards. its not industry, its filmfare itself hasn't accepted the movie. smiley36defaults winners for 2023smiley36

ElMystique thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Why do we love SRK?

Of all the languages in the world, he chooses to speak absolute facts.

Edited by ElMystique - 4 months ago
Haiwan thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

So glad to see everyone has been calling out Animal lately. Even people as far opposite on the spectrum as SRK and Kangana. I said it before, and I'll say it again, the industry is not going to accept Animal so don't count on it winning any big awards at Filmfare. The industry is going to band together to blacklist it and any more trash created that emulates it.

Filmfare toh waise bhi bikau awards hai smiley36

Btw I don't see Animal as a misogynistic nor trash movie. E.g. if Ranbir were a female character, I could still see her (the character) behaving in a similar way. I have seen alpha females, and they're a thing too smiley36 She could've said, for example, oh yeah you love me, then lick my sandals.

There is no objectification (nor fat shaming, this time around) of the female body. Even in the nude scenes, the camera doesn't intend to titillate or support male gaze (unlike so many other movies that unashamedly use the female body as a prop)... there are no item songs...

It's just that the protagonist is a psychopathic character, who can be of any gender.

Also, it's an Adult movie.....

...main toh thak gaya bhaisaahab... smiley36

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Saleem-Pheku

Filmfare toh waise bhi bikau awards hai smiley36

Btw I don't see Animal as a misogynistic nor trash movie. E.g. if Ranbir were a female character, I could still see her (the character) behaving in a similar way. I have seen alpha females, and they're a thing too smiley36 She could've said, for example, oh yeah you love me, then lick my sandals.

There is no objectification (nor fat shaming, this time around) of the female body. Even in the nude scenes, the camera doesn't intend to titillate or support male gaze (unlike so many other movies that unashamedly use the female body as a prop)... there are no item songs...

It's just that the protagonist is a psychopathic character, who can be of any gender.

Also, it's an Adult movie.....

...main toh thak gaya bhaisaahab... smiley36

Ranbir is getting banned like this guy was banned for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo8V8uyab34&t=230s

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I have not watched the film nor planning on seeing any of ranbir or ranveer films. Last movie I saw of ranbir was yeh jawaani. I watched wake up sid for konkona because love koko. But since there is so much noise about that animal scene, can someone tell me if she licks the shoes or not? lol 

Haiwan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Terenaina

I have not watched the film nor planning on seeing any of ranbir or ranveer films. Last movie I saw of ranbir was yeh jawaani. I watched wake up sid for konkona because love koko. But since there is so much noise about that animal scene, can someone tell me if she licks the shoes or not? lol 

She doesn't. smiley4

DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

people tends to take movies too seriously.. move on its a film!!! Animal isnt an all time classic but it does have its moments,