Imlie - Leads - Harassment from Chintus

LKashish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

I just wanted to take a moment to mention how bad I feel for the leads. They face so much harassment from online Chintus. 

We have these amazing discussions in the AT where we analyze the little moments and share our appreciations for the actors. It’s something I always look forward to at the end my of day. I was a silent reader for a while and I recently started adding my own thoughts. 

Some of you have been fans of Sai for years so I’m sure you’ve seen it more than I have. 

Imlie is the first project of either Sai or Adrija that I’ve seen and I’m super impressed by their work. Within the show itself, they both have improved so much and I wish them both the best in the future as well. 

These two along with their entire team work so hard, we all know how crazy ITV hours are. They also recently performed at the ITA which added extra hours to the day due to rehearsals and technicals. I don’t like to follow the drama but I do enjoy following the actors. And so far nothing but respect for all their dedication. 

Now what made me feel icky is the YouTube and Twitter chintus who make disgusting vile comments. They will take any and every moment out of context in a way to shame the actors. I don’t invest myself too much in actors life, from my perspective, Sai and Adrija seem to have a friendly polite coworker relationship. They seem amicable and that’s all that matters as they are shooting together for hours for this show that we enjoy. I would go insane if I had their schedules because how do you make time for friends and family? These actors make a lot of sacrifices on their daily to keep us entertained so the least we can do is respect their privacy. But these Chintus are over here tagging everyone to insult them. 

Little things that are apart of their job are being taken out of context to insult them. I won’t even repeat what I’ve read because I’m sure y’all might have seen some. Mostly, the online fandom is pretty healthy. We have the AT which I think is gold. There’s also a lot of beautiful edits on Instagram highlighting good moments. 

I fall upon the comments when doing my daily scrolls on my social media feeds. Most days I just ignore but sometimes I report them. It’s such nonsense and the actors definitely don’t deserve any of this hate. I hope they don’t fall on those comments because what a mood bursters. 

Imlie is currently something I’m really enjoying so I just wanted to share this one little thing that bothered me. I’m the type to hyperfixate on shows I watch, I will analyze every frame to enjoy the efforts of the team. I just don’t understand people who make negative assumptions or meddle in the personal lives of the actors. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

joliefemme thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Arree.... Tumne itna lamba post likh dia smiley31

Yes it's unfortunate that there has been targeted bashing of the actors (unwarranted and out of context). Sai has been facing this straight for the last 2 yrs. Chintus ko ek din chain nahi hai. We have kind of made peace that this will continue. I don't see a chance that Sai will take action. 

Unfortunately Adrija is dragged for now but once Imlie ends, she's free from this but Sai and his fandom will continue getting the unwanted hate from the chintu. It's just the one person with multiple IDs who thinks she's cool sitting behind a computer spewing hate on real people. Some people need to do better with their lives than hate on someone who doesn't give a rat's ass to their existence. 

There's only one way this stops but I would hate that Sai be arm twisted into doing that out of turn. 

Anyway, on a diff note, since you're enjoying Imlie, would recommend you to watch his first show. Atleast the first 150 episodes if not all 246. That show was something else. Imlie doesn't hold a candle to it imo.

LKashish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: joliefemme

Arree.... Tumne itna lamba post likh dia smiley31

Yes it's unfortunate that there has been targeted bashing of the actors (unwarranted and out of context). Sai has been facing this straight for the last 2 yrs. Chintus ko ek din chain nahi hai. We have kind of made peace that this will continue. I don't see a chance that Sai will take action. 

Unfortunately Adrija is dragged for now but once Imlie ends, she's free from this but Sai and his fandom will continue getting the unwanted hate from the chintu. It's just the one person with multiple IDs who thinks she's cool sitting behind a computer spewing hate on real people. Some people need to do better with their lives than hate on someone who doesn't give a rat's ass to their existence. 

There's only one way this stops but I would hate that Sai be arm twisted into doing that out of turn. 

Anyway, on a diff note, since you're enjoying Imlie, would recommend you to watch his first show. Atleast the first 150 episodes if not all 246. That show was something else. Imlie doesn't hold a candle to it imo.

Haan yaar I look back now and I guess I had a lot to say, those comments really gave me michmichi. It was right before work so I was writing as I was doing my morning routine and kind of wrote more than I thought 😂

As for Sai’s previous show MHRV, I don’t think it’s my kind of vibe. I found some of the edits cute but maybe it’s the way it’s shot or how I’m kind of used to Gul’s visuals. I might try it again after Imlie though. At the moment, I’m enjoying Agastya and Imlie as much as I can. I like how Sai and Adrija are playing those characters so I’m keeping my focus there. 

It is sad that this has been an ongoing things for Sai though, must not be fun. 

I hope the Chintu’s stop at some point, so much toxicity can’t be good for their health either. 

joliefemme thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: LKashish

Haan yaar I look back now and I guess I had a lot to say, those comments really gave me michmichi. It was right before work so I was writing as I was doing my morning routine and kind of wrote more than I thought 😂

As for Sai’s previous show MHRV, I don’t think it’s my kind of vibe. I found some of the edits cute but maybe it’s the way it’s shot or how I’m kind of used to Gul’s visuals. I might try it again after Imlie though. At the moment, I’m enjoying Agastya and Imlie as much as I can. I like how Sai and Adrija are playing those characters so I’m keeping my focus there. 

It is sad that this has been an ongoing things for Sai though, must not be fun. 

I hope the Chintu’s stop at some point, so much toxicity can’t be good for their health either. 

I'm a Gul veteran too and have loved a lot of her shows (used to her storytelling style). TBH I didn't have a good impression of MHRW initially as well (felt it wasn't my style) but still gave it a shot (it had number 1 rank on IF). Any Sai fan who is watching both shows will tell you how much MHRW was better than Imlie. But I can understand if you don't enjoy it (I know some people who didn't take a liking to it too, though I'm obsessed). 

Don't read the comments and mute/ block the chintus on twitter. I know the toxicity gets to you eventually. It's just a bunch of IDs created by the same person. Chintu ke baare main math socho pls. Itna mahanta isn't good for health lol. 

LKashish thumbnail

Originally posted by: joliefemme

I'm a Gul veteran too and have loved a lot of her shows (used to her storytelling style). TBH I didn't have a good impression of MHRW initially as well (felt it wasn't my style) but still gave it a shot (it had number 1 rank on IF). Any Sai fan who is watching both shows will tell you how much MHRW was better than Imlie. But I can understand if you don't enjoy it (I know some people who didn't take a liking to it too, though I'm obsessed). 

Don't read the comments and mute/ block the chintus on twitter. I know the toxicity gets to you eventually. It's just a bunch of IDs created by the same person. Chintu ke baare main math socho pls. Itna mahanta isn't good for health lol. 

Don’t worry girl, I think it was that one comment that really disgusted me. But if not the show still puts me in a good mood. Plus we have the AT and there’s still a lot of cute edits and videos of the show online. 🥰

NamrataRa thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Fans should not try to control actors life. They think actors are their personal property. They should cater to all their whims & fancies. The moment actors don't do as per their wish  they face  character assassination , hatred etc.By this time both leads of imlie might have used to it. They don't care.

sai2311 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 6

I have consciously stayed away from these toxicity as I don’t want to influence my viewing experience. 

I am sure there are many actors out there who have to put up with such nonsense. They may just choose to ignore this as they are really pressed for time. 

There is a lot of hard work that goes into making an ITV show. Plus risks involved in this profession are much higher. It’s unfortunate that people choose to focus on spreading negativity rather than the good work being done. 

Sai and Adrija are doing very well in their roles. I wish and pray that all their hard work gets due recognition. And they have enough support from family and friends to not get affected by this trolling.