RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 3 months ago

I feel there has not been enough discussion on Taapsee in Dunki. I already had seen her in a few other films before but was very interested to see if she could shine in commercial cinema as well since this was more or less her first commercial release. I thought she was spectacular. Had great chemistry with SRK and gave us his first romance in years. The wait was long but worth it thanks to her so I'm glad my expectations were not just met but exceeded.

Very impressed with her performance in both timelines and expecting to see a Filmfare nomination (she'd be my choice to win if Deepika in Jawan is in the Supporting Actress category). I hope she and SRK make more movies together.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

I feel she was brilliant as well. I wonder why she hasn't received the praise she totally deserved for dunki..i feel she deserves more praise for it

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Even my fiance who rarely watches Bollywood said to me this girl is a great actress.. who is she? Lol

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: DheeJattanDi

Even my fiance who rarely watches Bollywood said to me this girl is a great actress.. who is she? Lol

You should have informed her that she is a Filmfare Award Winner.

sulu82 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Dunki is not Tapsee's  first commercial release. Judwa 2 was. Also, her first movie (Chasme Baddur ) a small but commercial movie. 

Edited by sulu82 - 3 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: sulu82

Dunki is not Tapsee's  first commercial release. Judwa 2 was. Also, her first movie (Chasme Baddur ) a small but commercial movie. 

she should’ve won for judwaa 2 beach scene 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

You're right, it's not her 'commercial debut film' but it is the first that gave her a prominent commercial platform.

She herself in an interview spoke about this important role to get a (firmer) position in commercial Hindi Cinema.

She thinks that already having worked for RCE in Badla and having made a good impression on SRK, it helped her because she wasn't really in the 'circle' of commercial-movie-casting. Also Hirani had her in good memory because of her role in Manmarziyan (with Vicky Kaushal as co-star, and Abhishek).

I feel, it was the right time as Hirani made a film that would not exactly be like the other movies he had done...and the love story would also get a prominent place ...actually, it's the love that makes Hardy act like he did...and it's the love that gives her a value at the end she had not felt since her father lost his house.

When watching Dunki for the first time, I felt that Tapsee's character was the driving force of the whole movie (which made me a bit insecure of SRK's changing roles in the movie...and the  way how audiences may relate to the kind of patchwork-story).

Only at the second view, I saw a certain intelligence in the developpment that made me appreciate the movie and their characters much more...and the 3rd view nailed it for me with all the gorgeous details.

Edited by Clochette - 3 months ago
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Taapsee was amazing in Dunki..the problem with her is that she has no chemistry with any of her costars..SRK and Taapsee individually acted well in all their scenes together..but they dint ‘click’ as a couple IYKWIM..

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Taapsee was fabulous

In fact, so was Vicky

I wish Vicky had more scenes

Taapsee totally deserves a Filmfare nomination!!!!

SakZ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I always liked Tapsee and her chemistry with srk was a surprise. A nice and sweet love story without over the top chemistry. Their chemistry was adequate for their sweet love story. 

I could feel their longing to each other. 

apart from Tapsee, songs and lyrics of Dunki is also underrated l.