How to cope with being an Avi when you love a Bunny

_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 months ago

Has someone been in this situation? Having a best friend/sibling who is a great person but doesn’t have a lot of opinion or intent about being around you all the time. Due to career or may be family scenarios.  Like they have a lot in their kitty and they keep too occupied to even feel any loneliness. They love you of course but other things matter for them too. And for you, everything else matters when done with them. Also you don’t wanna make any major plans without them because you are scared that this will make you lose the few things you really bond upon. And this way you kind of feel stuck in life. 

Edited by _symphony - 4 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I am a bunny in terms of being a workaholic, and I am aware of my flaws, so I always encourage my friends to make their own plans without me. I absolutely hate making anyone wait or put anything on hold for me. When I was in high school and university I used to put everything on hold and run to be there for my friends, but I stopped being that person after I started working. 

I would say if they can't make it into your major plans that is okay. Go ahead with your plan with others and make the most of it! You can still connect with them at other times. I have friends from childhood that I haven't met in years as we live in very different countries, but I know once we meet up we will still be good.

Edited by Petrichor80 - 4 months ago
_symphony thumbnail

Wrong post

Edited by _symphony - 4 months ago
loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

What’s an Avi and Bunny?

_symphony thumbnail

Originally posted by: Petrichor80

I am a bunny in terms of being a workaholic, and I am aware of my flaws, so I always encourage my friends to make their own plans without me. I absolutely hate making anyone wait or put anything on hold for me. When I was in high school and university I used to put everything on hold and run to be there for my friends, but I stopped being that person after I started working. 

I would say if they can't make it into your major plans that is okay. Go ahead with your plan with others and make the most of it! You can still connect with them at other times. I have friends from childhood that I haven't met in years as we live in very different countries, but I know once we meet up we will still be good.

Thanks for the reply. It’s actually just not about plans or going out. It’s also about missing that person. Like Avi couldn’t have called Bunny back to him because well it was about Bunny’s career/dreams. For ex Avi developed a resentment and sadness which Aditi didn’t. Though both loved Bunny the same. How to not be that too emotional person who is so much into another person that this emotion starts controlling your day to day life. 

_symphony thumbnail

Originally posted by: loginidran

What’s an Avi and Bunny?

Ranbir and ARK from YJHD

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: _symphony

Thanks for the reply. It’s actually just not about plans or going out. It’s also about missing that person. Like Avi couldn’t have called Bunny back to him because well it was about Bunny’s career/dreams. For ex Avi developed a resentment and sadness which Aditi didn’t. Though both loved Bunny the same. How to not be that too emotional person who is so much into another person that this emotion starts controlling your day to day life. 

I am sorry I didn't realise. Your emotions are valid smiley31You are aware of the emotion, and once you accept it you can find your way from letting it impact your day to day. I do believe for some of our questions we know the answer in our subconscience, and it is a matter of time before the answer comes to us. You know yourself best. I would start with the questions: Can I take a trip somewhere to get out of my usual routine? What can I do to keep myself occupied? What activities make me happy? Are there are any groups or events that I can join?  What am I interested in learning and how can I get started on it?

Edited by Petrichor80 - 4 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

If they don’t have time for you what can be done. Just don’t take it to heart. When you see them give them a big hug.