Has there been a bigger PR drive in India than "Being Human"?

NoraSM thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

A convicted criminal in poaching case, accused of hit and run, accused of beating his girlfriends 

Everything thrown under the carpet by heavily marketed charitable trust named "Being Human" 

Obviously was made to get leveraging in his hit and run court case 

Salman Khan was sentenced to five years of imprisonment in the 2002 hit-and-run case, and later released on bail. The actor's lawyer argued in the court talking about the actor’s charitable initiatives. Salman runs a charitable NGO, Being Human and has reportedly spent Rs 47 crore in charity. He is known to have a big heart and Anupam Kher had said about him, "In the last twelve years, his persona has changed, his thinking has changed and the kind of work that he has done for poor people is phenomenal."

https://m.timesofindia.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/photo-features/salman-khans-charitable-acts/photostory/47197690.cms

Many criminals use their social work to show that they have changed, it is a normal practice 

The difference however is, how it was used to change his image and I firmly believe that Salman Khan's PR manager who came up with "Being Human" should give people lessons on how to handle public relations 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NoraSM thumbnail

Professor Suparna Naresh wrote a paper on the issue and how "Being Human" changed the course of his career and his image in public

1000005406.jpg

https://communicationtoday.net/2014/09/30/celebrity-pr-in-india-salman-khans-pr-strategies/

Edited by NoraSM - 4 months ago
NoraSM thumbnail

Abhinav Kashyap on Being Human being a PR drive and he adds the money laundering issue, on which I'll add a few things later when I have time 

1000005408.jpg

https://www.indiatimes.com/entertainment/celebs/abhinav-kashyap-claims-that-salman-khans-being-human-is-a-cover-up-for-money-laundering-516117.html

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I am wondering if you are still going to be cutie smiley36

NoraSM thumbnail

Originally posted by: Petrichor80

I am wondering if you are still going to be cutie smiley36

Honestly, if they can forgive Salman for all crimes, why am I being crucified for making posts? 🤧 Not fair

PS - It is a serious topic

Do you have any insights on this? 

Edited by NoraSM - 4 months ago
NoraSM thumbnail

I found a good discussion on this topic on reddit, I'll post a few comments from there to add to it 

1000005410.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/BollyBlindsNGossip/comments/hcmejr/abhinav_kashyap_claims_salman_khans_being_human/

Petrichor80 thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Honestly, if they can forgive Salman for all crimes, why am I being crucified for making posts? 🤧 Not fair

PS - It is a serious topic

Do you have any insights on this? 

I used to dislike Salman for his past actions. Whenever I watch Bigg Boss I am reminded that I don't like him, but I am a bit detached now. I prefer to be detached about everyone.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/harvey-weinstein-bill-cosby-and-the-cloak-of-charity

You are right. There are people who hide behind charity, but there are also those such as Mackenzie Scott who have the resource and do the best they can to make a good impact on the world. 

Salman is a polarizing figure, but I do think he has the heart to help others (sometimes even the wrong people). There was a time when I would have said why didn't he have the heart to help those in the hit and run, and that is something I personally still cannot get past, even though I do think he helps others.

Edited by Petrichor80 - 4 months ago
NoraSM thumbnail

I used to dislike Salman for his past actions. Whenever I watch Bigg Boss I am reminded that I don't like him, but I am a bit detached now. I prefer to be detached about everyone.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/harvey-weinstein-bill-cosby-and-the-cloak-of-charity

You are right. There are people who hide behind charity, but there are also those such as Mackenzie Scott who have the resource and do the best they can to make a good impact on the world. 

Salman is a polarizing figure, but I do think he has the heart to help others (sometimes even the wrong people). There was a time when I would have said why didn't he have the heart to help those in the hit and run, and that is something I personally still cannot get past, even though I do think he helps others.

I don't like or dislike him. He is a convicted criminal and I feel he should do the time he was served, who am I to say anything to him when we have judiciary for this?

The belief that he will help people despite so many incidents of him abusing his girlfriends and his tiffs with people in the industry like Vivek Oberoi, Arijit Singh

Both had to offer a public apology, he doesn't strike me as someone who is innately "good", you know? 

He takes little things to heart and his ego takes over, have seen it happening in bigg boss more often than not, so I do get your reference to Bigg Boss 

Petrichor80 thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

I don't like or dislike him. He is a convicted criminal and I feel he should do the time he was served, who am I to say anything to him when we have judiciary for this?

The belief that he will help people despite so many incidents of him abusing his girlfriends and his tiffs with people in the industry like Vivek Oberoi, Arijit Singh

Both had to offer a public apology, he doesn't strike me as someone who is innately "good", you know? 

He takes little things to heart and his ego takes over, have seen it happening in bigg boss more often than not, so I do get your reference to Bigg Boss 

I agree with you. He should do the time, but he won't. Meanwhile activists are wrongfully imprisoned for years and years. Yes, he is not a very forgiving person, even though he himself has done a lot of wrong too for which he expects forgiveness from the court.

Edited by Petrichor80 - 4 months ago
NoraSM thumbnail

I agree with you. He should do the time, but he won't. Meanwhile activists are wrongfully imprisoned for years and years. Yes, he is not a very forgiving person, even though he himself has done a lot of wrong too for which he expects forgiveness from the court.

That's sad but hopefully justice will be served.