Ladies, if a guy ever comes to you and says...

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 months ago

that you have got a big pelvis and he loves it, then just know, that it is a compliment. The guy wants to marry you and sees his future with you. He wants you to have babies with him. šŸ«”

https://www.indiatoday.in/movies/bollywood/story/animal-sandeep-reddy-vanga-ranbir-kapoor-big-pelvis-controversy-compliment-rashmika-mandanna-2478182-2023-12-20

Copy pasting here:

He revealed, "I thought about shooting (that) he would just be playing with the petals of the flowers, and heā€™d just put his hand on her feet. I wanted to shoot that, but I thought I would not show it. I thought on the shooting day ā€˜Letā€™s not do that and again give a shock."

"I felt like she is walking away, he knew that if he let her go without saying one more line, he knew that she was gone. So how should I say that I am seeing my future with you? I want to marry you. I thought in these situations boys behave very differently sometimes. Your intention is something else but you end up saying something else. So, he didnā€™t know what to say. This was the brief given to Ranbir also. Suddenly, he doesnā€™t know what to say and he says Gitanjali got a big pelvis. He is giving a reason that Iā€™m seeing a future with you that weā€™ll get married and have babies. I thought that was a compliment. I never thought. How you found it ugly", Vanga explained.

Sandeep further explained why Ranvijay (Ranbir's character) could not express his feelings directly to Geetanjali (Rashmika's character) in the scene. He said, "Heā€™s trying a different route to explain to her because itā€™s her engagement day and they were not in touch. Coming with that force and saying ā€˜Listen Geetanjali I really love your pelvis.ā€™ He is trying to explain a theory which is related to the character, the title also, for the audience, when they are watching the film it doesnā€™t seem like what theory he is talking about."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RedAmaranth thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Uss lodu ko kaise pata chala apan ka pelvis chota ya bada?

Strangers02 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Exactly! He had valid reason for it smiley20

How I wish he was more explicit in expressing his lubsmiley27

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Yeh kya sankiyon waali baat kar raha hai 

And honestly, I think this might be copied from the Office. Where Dwight makes comments on great birthing hips that Isabel (Pams sister) has as a flirtatious move. Dwight was borderline crazy in that season. 

Edited by CrimeMasterToto - 4 months ago
Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Giving shock to audience is going to be the new motto in Bollywood for box office. 

"Heā€™s trying a different route to explain to her because itā€™s her engagement day and they were not in touch. Coming with that force and saying ā€˜Listen Geetanjali I really love your pelvis.ā€™ 

Im-confused GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by Petrichor80 - 4 months ago
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Vanga is INCREDIBLY Toxic & will say anytime & everything for money, the man thrives a lot on shock value/crass value. Nothing seems to be sacred to him. This line (and 99% of the lines in this movie) disgust me to my core. IDK HOW these actors even mouth them, kudos to them!!! 

Making your hero some ā€œMulti- Millionaire Alpha Maleā€ isnā€™t going to somehow endear him to his women audiences, this is what Vanga fails to realise. And obviously the women he writes are also women written for & from the male gaze. Itā€™s all too sickening. I refuse to pay a penny to watch this utter & complete toxic shit. 

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

And as expected vanga is giving excuses for the toxicity he shows in his films, in kabir singh he didn't understand how people were horrified by them slapping each other and now in this film he sees nothing cringey and nauseating about the pelvis dialogue. 

What impression does this give to people? That it's okay to make such regressive remarks to women? That making such cheap comments can impress women? 

carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

What if she had a straight figure and was a size 0. 

What would he have said? 

Supari_khala thumbnail

If I guy ever said that to me, Iā€™d straight up tell him these hips are made for walking not pushing your damn rugrats out of my hoo-haa.

BirdieNumNum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: carisma2

What if she had a straight figure and was a size 0. 

What would he have said? 

he would have promised to love and to feed hersmiley36