HELP WANTED! desperately searching for jalebi jane!!!

reflorated thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 4 months ago

As the title suggests, I am desperately searching for Jalebi Jane.

I used to be very active in the forum, and have even written fanfics for Arnav and Khushi. During that time, there used to be an author who wrote an austen style fanfic, set in the IPKKND universe. The author, initially used to go by Inked, then MayaHill and her last known alias was JalebiJane. The fic's name was 'Khushi'. This fanfiction was hosted on a separate website, jalebijane.com

That particular piece of fanfic was of great comfort to me. During the last couple of years, life has not been easy for me (nor has it been easy for anyone else, I am sure), and I often used to read that fic to escape the harsh realities of life. Until one day, the website and the fic completely disappeared from everywhere. I searched the internet archive, as well as twitter, instagram, reddit and facebook for any mention of why the fic and the author disappeared off the internet this way: so abruptly!

What started as idle curiousity has now morphed into anxiety. Of course, it would be wonderful to read the story again. But more than that, I am now reaching out to you all in hope for any news about Jalebi herself/themselves. I do hope they are alright.

Jalebi, I am now addressing you directly, in the vain hope that you somehow read this. Your stories were a source of comfort and joy for me, and were one of the few things that kept me going during the pandemic and every other horrid thing that has happened in the last very many years. 

I would sincerely appreciate it if anyone could point me towards any piece of information that helps me figure out what happened to Jalebi, if they are alright or not. Any means to contact Jalebi would of course, be simply wonderful.

Thank you to everyone who reads this post. Even if you don't know what or who I am talking about, it would mean so much if you could just share this post within your circle, forums etc - just so this post can reach someone who may know something that can help me in my quest.

thank you sincerely.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

We all miss her stories, but no idea what happened to them.

shantivan71 thumbnail

Edited by shantivan71 - 4 months ago
lechuarshi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

She reposted Mrs Raizada, Khushi, Jalebi three of her fanfic 5 years ago.(Around the IPK3 release). I joined indiaforum in 2014 so I couldn't read her fanfic but when she reposted those, i finished reading Khushi. The Mrs Raizada(incomplete) same goes to Jalebi. smiley6 Her blog (Jalebi Jane) is not working. 

salikaa_chitts thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Likewise!! have been trying to find her. Her website no longer exists.

Falconfornow thumbnail
Posted: 26 days ago

Hello! I have been in the same quest for the past year or so. So far what I know is,

Her last ongoing fanfictions were Pallavi and Chandani, which were both put on halt because she said on IndiaForums that she was going to start a new academic course and her preliminary prep was too much for her to juggle writing along with it. 

• Her website had licence/ownership of the space till 2020 and she didn't renew it ; because the domain is sadly free now 

• She was going to start an Arnav - Khushi fanfiction after the 11th anniversary celebration. But before that could happen she put everything on hold.

• I tried the email that she had asked people to contact her from her old IF posts but even that is not functional now.

Her last visited date on IF shows July 2021:(

I am a relatively new ipkknd fandom member, so was hoping someone who has been here since 2011(who probably is friends with her) would know how and where she is right now. 

At this point all I can do is to hope she comes back soon🤞🏻❤️

Also you can read some chapters of her old ffs on IF, they are fortunately still here😅