RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 months ago

Are these two women close friends? I find it interesting how many movies they did together with Swara in a supporting role like Raanjhanaa, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, and Veere Di Wedding. 

Is it just a conicidence that Swara gets cast in so many of Sonam's movies?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Are these two women close friends? I find it interesting how many movies they did together with Swara in a supporting role like Raanjhanaa, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo, and Veere Di Wedding. 

Swara cosigned on several of Sonam/Rhea's ventures. Swara comes from a respected family in Delhi, where Sonam's older longterm boyfriend lived, and so they allegedly became friends then. 

Swara even said okay to doing Sonam's directoral venture that did not work out. The two are not public these days because of political trolling and because Sonam ended up marrying Anand and moving in British circles. 

But as actual friends, yes they are close. Sonam moved her ENTIRE wedding a few days so that Swara could join in the full time.  

VimalPanMasala thumbnail

Btw to the bolded, not a coincidence at all. See how Taapsee Paanu is not doing many movies these days. With Swara's political outlooks, many non-friends will not be willing to work with her because of trolling. Both Taapsee and Swara know this, Swara is content now because she had a decent career.

Taapsee in particular is tired from her struggling days in the South. She knows Dunki is her peak in commercial outlook and has switched to making movies with likeminded people (her circle of Richa..etc) to make a living. The many smaller movies Taapsee does has made her a lot of connections and profit so she can invest into production. OFC a small amount of money is made each time, which is why she did multiple movies in 2018-2021.

But the point is that castings are rarely ever random - there is usually financial backing or friendship involved. 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

Swara cosigned on several of Sonam/Rhea's ventures. Swara comes from a respected family in Delhi, where Sonam's older longterm boyfriend lived, and so they allegedly became friends then. 

Swara even said okay to doing Sonam's directoral venture that did not work out. The two are not public these days because of political trolling and because Sonam ended up marrying Anand and moving in British circles. 

But as actual friends, yes they are close. Sonam moved her ENTIRE wedding a few days so that Swara could join in the full time.  

Thanks for all the info. I thought it couldn't be such a coincidence. Swara seems far more grounded than Sonam so I couldn't see them being friends but I didn't realize that Swara comes from a respected family and I imagine that Sonam, in her own personal bubble of friends, is probably not as grating and not that different.

Had no idea Sonam moved her whole wedding for Swara. That's very sweet of her and I'm glad to see a well-maintained female friendship in BW. 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Btw to the bolded, not a coincidence at all. See how Taapsee Paanu is not doing many movies these days. With Swara's political outlooks, many non-friends will not be willing to work with her because of trolling. Both Taapsee and Swara know this, Swara is content now because she had a decent career.

Taapsee in particular is tired from her struggling days in the South. She knows Dunki is her peak in commercial outlook and has switched to making movies with likeminded people (her circle of Richa..etc) to make a living. The many smaller movies Taapsee does has made her a lot of connections and profit so she can invest into production. OFC a small amount of money is made each time, which is why she did multiple movies in 2018-2021.

But the point is that castings are rarely ever random - there is usually financial backing or friendship involved. 

Yes, that's what I figured so thank you for all the context. It makes sense that Swara would have alienated a lot of people in the industry so the roles she gets would be from friends like Sonam. I haven't seen Swara onscreen for a while and I guess that's partly because Sonam is not doing films anymore either.

I don't blame Taapsee. It can be very difficult to make a living on smaller, indie films alone. Especially since her movies tend to all have social messages that can be controversial to large parts of India.

VimalPanMasala thumbnail

Yes, that's what I figured so thank you for all the context. It makes sense that Swara would have alienated a lot of people in the industry so the roles she gets would be from friends like Sonam. I haven't seen Swara onscreen for a while and I guess that's partly because Sonam is not doing films anymore either.

I don't blame Taapsee. It can be very difficult to make a living on smaller, indie films alone. Especially since her movies tend to all have social messages that can be controversial to large parts of India.

I think Taapsee gets too much hate and flack imo. Yes she is not a fantastic person nor is she the most versatile actor, but we do not ask that of Ayushmann Khurrana. She burnt out most of her creativity doing dead-end movies at the beginning of her career, and the pandemic torpedoed her last BO star prospects.

TP is doing the best with what she has and I admire her for it. I am hoping at least Dunki works out for her too in a way, maybe she can get more of the educated female-audience in India to see her films. 

OTT-wise Taapsee has found success. Thappad is very relevant, along with her small budget movies actually making profit. She is basically like Akshay Kumar in terms of quantity over superior quality, except Akshay is feeding a gambling addiction, and she is trying to launch her own movies. 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

I think Taapsee gets too much hate and flack imo. Yes she is not a fantastic person nor is she the most versatile actor, but we do not ask that of Ayushmann Khurrana. She burnt out most of her creativity doing dead-end movies at the beginning of her career, and the pandemic torpedoed her last BO star prospects.

TP is doing the best with what she has and I admire her for it. I am hoping at least Dunki works out for her too in a way, maybe she can get more of the educated female-audience in India to see her films. 

OTT-wise Taapsee has found success. Thappad is very relevant, along with her small budget movies actually making profit. She is basically like Akshay Kumar in terms of quantity over superior quality, except Akshay is feeding a gambling addiction, and she is trying to launch her own movies. 

She might not be a box office star but even previous box office stars are struggling now. Hindi cinema is a very different medium these days than it was a decade ago and especially for an actress not signed with any big banners and not being paired with the top heroes. 

Dunki is a change and should give her the box office laurels she needs.

As you said, she has the opportunity to use this money to finance and produce more films. Even if her films are not making a lot of money at the BO, they are certainly talked about and sparking discussions especially Thappad. I heard so many women had to take a look at their own marriages as a result of that film. It reminds me of KANK and how Karan said that so many people came up to him and said KANK made them realize their failing marriages were not working.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 3

Ya Sonam and Swara are friends..

Even Sonam, Asin and Jacqueline were very close..don't know what happened to them.

After Asin's wedding they drifted apart. Same seems to be happening with Sonam-Swara now that both r married

VimalPanMasala thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Ya Sonam and Swara are friends..

Even Sonam, Asin and Jacqueline were very close..don't know what happened to them.

After Asin's wedding they drifted apart. Same seems to be happening with Sonam-Swara now that both r married

Jacqueline, they do not approve of Sukesh obviously, but she has cut many people off to be with him. The rest are still in contact.