mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 months ago

I'm in the middle of a stressful project at work.

Consuming large amounts of black coffee to keep me awake at night.

How do you deal with stress at work?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Defend SRK.

DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I shut my laptop down, wash my face and feet then either of the following:

> Play a 20 minutes yog nidra video, follow the breathing, and take a nap.

> spend some time on gardening- even if just pruning or changing water for hydroponic plants

> have green tea- take 20 minutes- no mobile. nothing- it gets my head clear

> take a 20-30 minutes walk without music or talking over phone.

I basically keep myself away from electronic devices. shut everything out. relax for 20-60 minutes and then think about it with a clear head. working non-stop is not a solution. 

no harm in accepting if the task is too difficult and we need to do more background work. It takes the anxiety away.

instead of black coffee, go for water, dry fruit/chana munching, or fresh fruits- caffeine is going to make it worse.

Edited by DamRyeong - 5 months ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

How I deal myself?

To not stress myself and to not let others stress me.

Also it depends on the nature of the "stressful".

E.g., there always are times when there is a lot of work to do and also to do in little time... so it's a condition that won't last and I tell my mind and body exactly that...

Also, sometimes, oneself is creating the own stress when one doesn't like to do a certain work, but has to...

Edited by Clochette - 5 months ago
carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Black coffee ain't gonna help. If you are already feeling stressed then your anxiety symptoms can increase and cause panic attacks. Needing caffeine is a big gimmick. I thought ai need my caffeine to function,  but that not true.. I now have decaff and It's made no difference.  If you want to  try the decaff version of coffee just to trick your mind. 

I like to put my ASMR videos on whenever I'm working on anything. 

Time yourself for your project with a task list. That you will aim to get this part done within this time etc, so giving it some time structure will help you plan better and feel more organised and the work will be divided onto chunks. Also set a realistic time frame. 

Try getting more sleep. Whilst you work on the project.... DO NOT GO ONLINE.  You will only lose time, that you could have otherwise used for some beauty sleep. 

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I don't have anxiety. Caffeine stimulates me so much and it really helps me. No milk, no sugarrrrr

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Good luck Minty! You don't need a lot of black coffee. Try to maintain good habits when you are stressed. Stick to one cup of black coffee, drink a lot of water, eat well, and sleep well.  

I have been meaning to read The Upside of Stress by Kelly McGonigal. It has been on my TBR list.

Edited by Petrichor80 - 5 months ago
JayaBachan thumbnail

I have IBS. The toilet seat is my stress relief lmao.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: mintyblue

I don't have anxiety. Caffeine stimulates me so much and it really helps me. No milk, no sugarrrrr

Your body knows best what to do relative to coffee...it will tell you...when you feel good with black coffee, then I think, it is okay.

What kind of stress is it currently?having a tight schedule for doing your work? or anything else?

Blueberry94 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

A good book or  soothing music