Black_Hat thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

Busting The Myths

"Anokhi..."

"Hmmm..."

"Yaha baitho...", he took a seat next to her on the couch.

"Tumhe kuch dena tha..."

"Mujhe ?... Kya ?..."

He handed her a box, a parcel from Amazon.

"Yeh ?... Isme kya hai ?..."

"Kholke dekho..."

Anokhi was opening it after undoing the tapes.

Meanwhile, Shaurya's anxiousness grew. Although Anokhi has always been open to him in sharing her problems, he was skeptical of her reaction because he had never done anything like this for her before.

As she took the box out of the package and looked at it, she turned to Shaurya surprised.

"Shaurya... yeh..."

Shaurya smiled in response.

◄ Flashback starts ►

"Anokhi..."

"Kya kaha doctor ne ?..."

"Shaurya... unhone kaha ki yeast infection hai..."

"It's a fungal infection that causes severe itchiness and irritation in vagina..."

"Jitna ho sake utna vaginal area ko dry rakhne ke liye bola hain... aur cotton clothes pehnne ke liye bola... lekin tumhe to pta haina Shaurya mujhe garmiyon mein bohot zyaada paseena aata hai.. main usko to avoid nhi kar sakti... Aur sanitary pads ki vajah se rashes ho jaate hain jisse bohot irritation hoti hai..."

"Main tang aa chuki hoon isse... Kitne mahine ho gaye hain iska treatment karvaate hue aur yeh theek hi nhi ho rha... Jitne din davaai leti hoon tab tak shi rehta hai aur jaise hi davaai lena band kar deti hoon to vaapas vhi haal..."

"Pta nhi kab peecha chodhega yeh...", she expressed her frustration.

This situation saddened Shaurya because it had been bothering her for months.

◄ Flashback ends ►

"Kya dekh rhi ho Anokhi..."

"I mean... I know... mujhe utna zyaada knowledge nhi hai iske baare mein lekin maine research kiya tha ispar... aur mujhe yeh solution achcha laga..."

"You know... most of the time, a rash from a pad is the result of Contact dermatitis (Contact dermatitis is a condition that makes skin red or inflamed after contact with an allergen or an irritant). Pads are made up of different materials and chemicals, and some may end up bothering the sensitive skin you have down there. Fragrances might be added to a pad to keep things smelling fresh. But they can also be irritating to sensitive skin and in some cases, can cause an allergic reaction that can lead to a rash"

"Sanitary pads tumhaare skin ko suit nhi karta... isiliye maine... maine yeh order kiya..."

Anokhi was simply staring at him with adoration in her eyes. No man cared for her the way Shaurya did.

Shaurya won her heart with this gesture.

She didn't say anything, just hugged him.

"Shaurya..."

"Hmmm..."

"Aap mera itna khayal kyu rakhte ho..."

"Kyunki... I LOVE YOU..."

"I love you too...", Shaurya stroked her hair as she snuggled closer.

Every time she says it, his heart skips a beat.

"Anokhi... Ho sakta hai shuru-shuru mein thoda uncomfortable ho... Lekin you should try it... It's absolutely normal to feel awkward when you are using MENSTRUAL CUP for the first time, but once you start using it... the easier it will become over time ..."

"Shaurya..."

"Ek baat bolu..."

"Hmmm... Bolo..."

"Main... isse pehle bhi ek baar kharida tha yeh..."

"Really ?... It means it's not your first time..."

"Nhi Shaurya... tab mujhe istemaal karne ka mauka hi nhi mila..."

"Matlab ?..."

"Shaurya... aapko... aapko hymen tissue ke baare mein pta hai... It's a tissue around the vaginal opening...", she said pulling back from the hug.

"Yeah... I've heard about it..."

"Toh Shaurya... logo ko lagta hain ki MENSTRUAL CUP... TAMPONS... yeh sab sanitary products use karne se virginty loose ho jaati hai... "

Shaurya passed her a puzzled expression.

"Virginity ?... Menstrual cups aur tampons ?... In sab mein kya link hai ..."

"Dekho Shaurya... Menstrual cup might stretch the hymen which can lead to its tearing but that doesn't imply loosing virginity. Similarly, tampon is a period protection tool. They have nothing to do with virginity. In fact, hymen has nothing to do with virginity at all. It's just a tissue that can rupture at any point in a woman's life. It could be due to exercise, sports, horse riding or any such activities. A girl can even born without hymen but that doesn't make her a non-virgin, right ? It's just a common misconception..."

"Main bhi try karna chahti thi ise... par..."

"Par ?..."

"Par me...meri dadiji ne mujhe allow nhi kiya... Main maanti hoon ki unki soch puraani hain lekin iska matlab yeh toh nhi ki vo... vo kisi ke saath aisa kare... jab voh khud aurat hain tab unhe toh mera dard samjhna chaahiye tha na... ", her face lost its glow.

Shaurya pulled her into a side hug and said calmly, "Kya baat hai Anokhi... btao mujhe... You can share anything..."

Anokhi stated, "Jab bhi mujhe periods hote the... toh dadiji mujhe ghar se baahar to door... kitchen mein bhi jaane nhi deti thi... vo kehti thi ki main shudhdh nhi hoon... mujhe raat ko yaha tak ki sardiyon mein bhi neeche sone ko bolti thi... bed par allow nhi karti thi hume... Yeh sirf mere saath nhi... Mumma aur Babli di ke saath bhi aisa hota tha... Papaji ne kabhi humaari takleef samjhne ki koshish nhi ki... "

"Maine jab yeh khareeda tha... us din jab main us box ko kholne vaali thi tab dadiji meri room mein aayi thi kisi kaam se aur jaise hi unhone dekha vo box... unhone use gusse se dustbin mein fenk diya... Main tab zyaada badi nhi thi... mujhe samajh nhi aaya ki unhone aisa kyu kiya... Mere kuch bolne se pehle hi vo baahar chali gayi aur Papaji ko lekar aayi mere room main... fir... fir... unhone...", she broke down.

He was well aware what kind of person her father was.

Shaurya felt agitated at her grandmother. She was an elder to him, but still it enraged him. As a woman herself, she should have understood Anokhi.

"Shhh... Please don't cry... I'm with you... You don't have to say further..."

"Nhi Shaurya... mujhe bolna hai... mujhe share karni hai yeh baat aapse..."

Shaurya kept her close to him and she continued.

"Papaji mere room mein aaye aur... aur unhone mujhpar haa... haath uthaaya... Unhone bola ki main kitni manhoos hoon... mujhe sharm aani chaahiya main aisi cheez ghar mein laayi... Unhone mujhe mere room mein band kar diya... Mumma aur Babli di ne rokne ki koshish ki par unhone kisi ki nhi suni... Main poore din room mein band padi rhi aur mujhe pta bhi nhi chala ki mujhe kis galti ki saza mil rhi thi... Fir agle din jab mujhe room se baahar aane diya gaya tab Babli di ne mujhe btaya ki mere saath jo bhi kiya gaya uski vajah kya thi... Log sochte hain ki agar ek ladki shaadi se pehle apni virginity kho degi toh voh impure ho jaayegi..."

"Log itna neecha kaise soch sakte hain Shaurya ?... Vo logically reason karne ki bajaaye kuch bhi superstitious baat maan lete hain... Kab sudhrenge log ?...", she expressed her disappointment.

"Anokhi... mujhe iske baare mein nhi pta tha... lekin I understand... sabki soch alag hoti hain... time lagega unhe badalne main... aur tum hona jo koshish kar rhi hai badlaav lane mein..."

Anokhi was feeling low nowadays due to her own health issues.

Shaurya knew writing was Anokhi's passion. It was one of her many talents.

She recently launched a medical journal called "BUSTING THE MYTHS", in which she discussed social myths and misconceptions. She had debunked various myths with a slew of concrete facts and had received widespread acclaim for it. He was pleased with her accomplishments.

He attempted to cheer her up.

"Anokhi... tum peeche nhi hat sakti... Main tumhaari itne din ki mehnat ko waste nhi hone doonga... Tumhe yeh kaam karte rehna hai... I'm always there for you... But you shall not back down... Take a break and come back to your work with renewed vigour... Promise ?..."

Anokhi nodded in a yes and leaned against his chest. She felt uplifted after sharing a piece of herself with him.

They remained in that position for a while.

"Anokhi..."

"Hmmm..."

"Vo... vo...", he stammered.

"Kya hua Shaurya ?...", Anokhi asked as she drew back from the hug.

"Vo main keh rha tha ki... jaisa ki maine tumhe btaya... maine ispe thodi research ki hai... toh main tumhe instructions de sakta hoon ise kaise use karna hai..."

She smiled.

He's always there for her, she knew.

"Bataaiye..."

Shaurya was pleased to see she didn't hesitate to seek his help.

Taking the box from her hand and taking out the cup, he began explaining how to use it.

"So listen... When you use a menstrual cup for the first time, it may feel uncomfortable. But greasing your cup can help make the process smooth. Before you put in your cup, lubricate the outer edge with water. A wet menstrual cup is much easier to insert"

"You can wear a menstrual cup for 6 to 12 hours, depending on whether or not you have a heavy flow. This means you can use a cup for overnight protection"

Anokhi was paying close attention to every detail. Even though she had purchased it earlier, but as she mentioned she never got an opportunity to use it and thus lacked the necessary knowledge. Shaurya, on the other hand, made it easy for her.

"To remove it, pull the stem that extends out from bottom and pinch the base to break the seal. Then all you have to do is empty it, wash it with soap and water, and replace it. You can sterilise your cup in boiling water at the end of your cycle"

" Menstrual blood can start to smell when it's exposed to air, but your cup forms an airtight seal"

"It doesn't irritate or cause rashes... Infact, it keeps the moistness by retaining vaginal mucosa..."

"Samajh aa gaya Anokhi ?!..."

"Jee Shaurya Sir...", she teased.

Shaurya laughed off and Anokhi looked at him with affection.

"Shaurya... Aapne yeh sab mere liye kiya... Mujhe toh khud achche se nhi pta tha inke baare mein... lekin aapne sirf mere liye itna kuch padha..."

"Thank you so much Shaurya...", she hugged him tightly.

He wrapped her arms around her and said, "Tum meri wifey ho Anokhi... main bhale hi mehsoos nhi kar sakta... lekin tumhaari har problem meri bhi problem hai... main hoon tumhaare paas..."

"Aap humesha rahoge na mere saath Shaurya..."

Placing a kiss on her forehead, he replied, "HUMESHA..."

Both lovers closed their eyes and smiled contentedly as they absorbed the moment...

THE END...

Through this piece of writing, I attempted to dispel the myth surrounding menstrual cups and tampons.

Thank you for reading smiley1

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TunesOfHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I t was well written, i liked the concept and the story!

Keep writing;)

Black_Hat thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TunesOfHeart

I t was well written, i liked the concept and the story!

Keep writing;)

Thank you so much😊