Where is the positivity in this show ???

Ayu_12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 months ago

Let's talk about is there anything positive in this show ?? 

- Fraud Kand 

- Force Marriage

- Domestic Violence

- starvation

- Run away bride and one night stand

- EMA 

- illegitimate child

- Kidnapping that's too a kid by her step mom heinous crime 

- threesome concept

- Oedipus complex

- no women empowerment

- no education track 

- no career track 

- Womaniser Male leads 

- vulgur dialogues

- Sikh community and culture degeneration

- normalising marital rape or affair. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Reader17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

You forgot the song Rab aap hi ishq ugaave, Rab aap hi ishq mitaave...

This song has contradictory lines, is also not so positive...smiley36

Reader17 thumbnail

You know starplus has removed the new promo from their IG I guess because the voice over said "Teri Meri Duriyaan" instead of "Doriyaan"...smiley3

Iss show mein sirf Kalesh hain aur Basad...smiley18smiley39

Yaha characters festivals nai manate hain, bas tyaar hoke, make up lagake, ladte hain, rote hain, ek doosre ko taunt karte hain, accusations fekte rehte hain...

Hasta koi nahi hain...Bas Hansraaj ke illawasmiley17

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Duriyan is factually correct. 

Theres duriyan only not doriyaan. Lol. 

Reader17 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ayu_12

- Fraud Kand 

- Force Marriage

- Domestic Violence

- starvation

- EMA 

- illegitimate child

- threesome concept

- Oedipus complex

- no women empowerment

- no education track 

- no career track 

- Womaniser Male leads 

- vulgur dialogues

Being a Sikhni myself, This story of jeth-bhabhi angle where bhabhi is lusting on jeth and jeth giving her free leeaways in the past has hugely offended me and so many of us.

Jeth bade bhai ki tarah hota hain, Yaha toh bhabhi jeth ko bedmate banana chahti hain....smiley11 which is absolutely disgusting, distasteful & disgraceful.

This show has hugely shamed Sikh community, I got attracted to this show mainly because it was a spiritual love story of a lead couple and what an aesthetic looking couple. Never seen in ITV (though I am not really a much-experienced ITV viewer)

nipunsharma thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Now it’s romi nd Natasha  ki luv story 

Ayu_12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Reader17

Being a Sikhni myself, This story of jeth-bhabhi angle where bhabhi is lusting on jeth and jeth giving her free leeaways in the past has hugely offended me and so many of us.

Jeth bade bhai ki tarah hota hain, Yaha toh bhabhi jeth ko bedmate banana chahti hain....smiley11 which is absolutely disgusting, distasteful & disgraceful.

This show has hugely shamed Sikh community, I got attracted to this show mainly because it was a spiritual love story of a lead couple and what an aesthetic looking couple. Never seen in ITV (though I am not really a much-experienced ITV viewer)

Thank you for replying. Even I found that Jeth is a brother fig to the young siblings and sister in law. 

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Honestly more than illicit relationship its the glorification and bechaarification of characters that bothers me. Angad Seerat have a past. If they wanna show infidelity and such things they can do it but at least dont give some crap to make Seerat look "bechaari" and Angad act righteous after he screws up. He does not wanna let Seerat go and no one understands why. But if he's a two timer then we cant forgive him as audience. In their other show most sane people hated Virat and will now never be remembered as Sairat's because Sai was betrayed by Virat. Last episode mein kuch rushed dikhane seh nothing changes. If they learned any lessons they'd show something better here. But the fact that they are still showing jeth bhabhi but also a sister breaking her own sisters home shows that they have only upped cringe level and not changed. 

naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9

Angad n sahiba love journey was never shown properly. We don't even know when they fell in love because 99 percent of time they were fighting n blaming each other.

Seerat n angad have a past still no one objected to her  roaming around angad. When Garry n sahiba did they were shut by family members. 

Angad could easily understand sahiba has a stalker n track him but couldn't understand what is seerat's intention.

Now also she will say sorry n everything will be back to square one.

masked thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ayu_12

- Fraud Kand 

- Force Marriage

- Domestic Violence

- starvation

- EMA 

- illegitimate child

- threesome concept

- Oedipus complex

- no women empowerment

- no education track 

- no career track 

- Womaniser Male leads 

- vulgur dialogues

I think the makers or the CV's are perhaps experimenting with the show to hit the jackpot in terms of any track and to some extent they have succeeded with the addition of TDM in the Top 10 list while earlier it was not there on the list.Romi's character as the new SRK of Darr has been a breath of fresh air being obsessed after Sahiba but still his actions are pretty much bad and condemnable going after the legally wedded wife of someone like Angad.

EMA's exist in every serial today so pretty much the show has two leads-one main ML and one main FL with other FL being a parallel lead as the vamp or vice versa.Just check out the Bhagya series for the same like Kundali or Kumkum.

But what is the problem here is that Angad and Sahiba's love track has never been allowed to properly develop.Angad's bad actions coupled with some good ones made Sahiba crazy for him and in the next moment rather than fighting for her right as a wife she prefers to give up and relocates to some college I mean what is just going on here? Even GHKPM was much better executed than this.

At least Sai would have been more assertive regarding her rights as a wife than Sahiba. Any romantic story does involve separation and reunion tracks with leaps in between but leave aside any romance between Sahan I am yet to see any proper chemistry between the couple like possessiveness of Angad for her or Sahiba's will to fight as Angad's only and rightful partner.

Kabhi Angad Sahiba ko leave karta hai toh kabhi Sahiba Angad ko chod deti hai. If the purpose was to make GHKPM part 2 then the CV's are already doing that with the current love track of Savi and Ishaan. Why convert TMD into a clone of GHKPM?

Angad's character still has no depth.Kabhi Sahiba ke peeche jaata hai toh kabhi Seerat ke peeche.And he is a Business Tycoon? Sahiba is always either crying or leaving the field open for Seerat to take over where is her fight as the Independent woman of 21st century?

Angad's mom does not like Sahiba yet finds Seerat perfect for Angad.She's unable to see the desire of money in Seerat's evil eyes.The Brars they wanted rich women as the partners for their sons but instead got the poor Mongia siblings.

Angad is a god-damn businessman and as a Tycoon can't he use his sources to track down and rescue Sahiba from the clutches of that evil Romi.Its the least we expect from his character.

That Raghav Jindal is much more suave and sharp and would have tracked down Sahiba had it been him in place of Angad.But Raghav is a grey shader and Angad is just a careless toxic character. I don't expect Angad to be grey but there comes a time when a man's real character comes out in certain pressure situation and this one involves his own partner.

Angad will no doubt rescue her I don't expect Romi-Sahiba love track but can't the makers give embed some grey cells into Angad's character?