Storyline may be gone but, show is still on (Appreciation post)

Tenochtitlan thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 months ago

Finally watched yesterday's episode (episode 214). It was simply too good. Didn't knew even cliche scenes can be this amazing thanks to the hard work ok KA team.

Even though the storyline is not the best but, execution in terms of dialogues, cinematography and music is simply top notch and always impresses me and reminds me why I used to love this show so much despite not enjoying the latest track so much. The acting, and everything else had been good always but, there should be some reason to appreciate that randomly. This episode gave that opportunity.

I remember Katha getting anxious just at the look of stretchers. The agenda at the end of this whole convo was for Katha to express to Viaan she has no empty spaces left in life which can be filled by someone else. Makers could have conveyed this directly but, they took this indirect route which just added another level of beauty to this sequence. She randomly started talking about her trauma which was fitting in the moment but, random at the same time

https://twitter.com/sehri_92/status/1706243772030349706?t=S8v0fHkFk-HHJY2svSqFaw&s=19

And in this episode too, that trauma was shown again. I was wondering if they would show this again or not but, they did.

https://twitter.com/ThodaYehThodaWo/status/1707418267193573464?t=HQOUDcyswFkIpXYv2nBxdw&s=19

And, this entire operation theatre sequence was so cliche but, still so good. Whenever in ITV such scene happens, I literally don't feel anything because I know nothing will happen to them. Here, too I knew nothing will happen but, execution................ I mean Katha looking at the readings for a minute, all the defribilations going in vain, slowly losing hope and herself and finally fainting. And to top this there is the camera angles with which scene is shot, camera movements, heartwrenching BGM, And, finally, song stops and thunder strikes scene changes and Aarav crying for craving mumma papa with the theme music and in next scene Katha and Viaan lying motionless and "Kya kabhi roshni dikhegi" *Santoor strum*. 

Especially timing of Aarav's crying got me emotionally. I knew nothing happened to Viaan and he is fictional but, way entire sequence was shot and put togather, it could get to anyone. Entire episode was so heartwrenching.

https://twitter.com/KoiJaaneNa/status/1707457343829770337?t=Iog87I6x2t3IQyRCv2nS2A&s=19

I see other shows but, I don't get the same feeling either music is too loud or acting is reaaly bad. Or, camera angles are such that actor doesn't feel like main subject. Where were these people before?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anj_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 6 months ago

I am still following the show and storyline is decent enough if not amazing.

Tbh, I liked this indian version very much. Its atleast three times better than regressive og.

And its very difficult to please everyone. Before maya maasi everyone was craving for some other daily soaps kind of drama. People used to comment that show is boring as hell. Now that they have introduced saazish, vamps, rona dhona, people are still complaining that its all too much,show has lost its charm etc. Its quite laughable sometimes. I mean what do we people exactly wantsmiley37

Tenochtitlan thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Audiences are kind of hypocrite smiley37 

If they don't see the things going their way, they just bash it. I mean marriage was meant to be broken when such a big truth on which the entire plot of this show hinges isn't revealed. But, it would be so painful to see the leads separate tells us how beautifully the chemistry of leads is that we feel for them. And, acting too.

Without this reveal, it would feel like Viaan got away with doing such a crime. I think this track will be his final stage towards his redemption. For a while, his redemption was out of focus but, it came back. Same should go for Grewals and Raghuvanshis

Edited by abca19510 - 6 months ago
G259 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: Anj_01

I am still following the show and storyline is decent enough if not amazing.

Tbh, I liked this indian version very much. Its atleast three times better than regressive og.

And its very difficult to please everyone. Before maya maasi everyone was craving for some other daily soaps kind of drama. People used to comment that show is boring as hell. Now that they have introduced saazish, vamps, rona dhona, people are still complaining that its all too much,show has lost its charm etc. Its quite laughable sometimes. I mean what do we people exactly wantsmiley37

I have never criticized Maya's entry but things get monotonous after a while.Acc to me,the problem is the pace of the show.Everything is very dragged and slow.That's the reason many people get bored after some time.Take the marriage track as an example.This has happened for a month.Feels like we are watching an EK show where marriages happen for so long.Especially if you are watching the show on a daily basis it is frustrating.One of the many reasons this show gets praised is the lack of good content on ITV.All channels shows are so bakwaas that this seems to be a breath of fresh air.SP,Colors and Zee's shows don't even fall in the category of shows.Story naam ki koi cheez hi nahi hain.

Anj_01 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: G259

I have never criticized Maya's entry but things get monotonous after a while.Acc to me,the problem is the pace of the show.Everything is very dragged and slow.That's the reason many people get bored after some time.Take the marriage track as an example.This has happened for a month.Feels like we are watching an EK show where marriages happen for so long.Especially if you are watching the show on a daily basis it is frustrating.One of the many reasons this show gets praised is the lack of good content on ITV.All channels shows are so bakwaas that this seems to be a breath of fresh air.SP,Colors and Zee's shows don't even fall in the category of shows.Story naam ki koi cheez hi nahi hain.

I can understand the frustration of viewers. KA has set the mark so high that it sometimes fails to deliver accordingly.

Tbh, I enjoyed the show so far now. The only part I was annoyed with was that baby sitting part where viaan was so obsessed with that keith's new born daughter. Those episodes were so boring that I watched that whole week in fast forward modesmiley36

Apart from that I liked all the tracks even maya maasi and her much needed vampish ideas. Her entry created waves in serene ocean like story.smiley36

I do find sometimes KA fails to live up to its mark but when I see everything else on itv like kitchen politics, two sisters/best friends fighting for one man, fl marrying same man multiple times, family members having EMA like its new trend, bahu taking responsibility  for everything in the universe even for her ex sasural and husband etc etc. I think I can tolerate few bad episodes of KA anytime over these buffoons.smiley36

And believe me, if not, then look at the trp and forum ranking of these regressive as hell show, people just dont give up on themsmiley22 they bash it like anything but they keep watching like some addiction. The content is so bad that it even though its fictional but its affect your psyche, ruins your mood but still people wont give up.

So I think that we should cut some slack for KA. It should be encouraged even if its not that great because if shows like this is a hit then atleast producers will be encouraged to make such good stories not crap like other shows.

Amid of these crap shows, KA is a breath of fresh air and light of hope.