Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 months ago

RIP. He was the original anti-hero long before Amitabh and SRK. His anti-heroes did some pretty despicable stuff. They were gamblers,thieves,con-men,womanizers,smugglers,murderers,drunkards- the very dregs of the underworld in urban India. But Dev's portrayal was sauve and sophisticated and there was always a wisp of melancholy and yearning for a second chance in these cynical men.

Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

RIP. He was the original anti-hero long before Amitabh and SRK. His anti-heroes did some pretty despicable stuff. They were gamblers,thieves,con-men,womanizers,smugglers,murderers,drunkards- the very dregs of the underworld in urban India. But Dev's portrayal was sauve and sophisticated and there was always a wisp of melancholy and yearning for a second chance in these cynical men.

It was brave of him to portray such characters because I read actors in that era would be advised by the cops to not portray characters that would misguide the youth. 

Wistfulness thumbnail

Went to watch GUIDE last Sunday at PVR and it was houseful with the audiences clapping and whistling at his entry. Almost all shows for his 4 re-releases across 30 cities were houseful with people of all age groups attending. In my theatre some men came dressed like him. smiley27

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Wistfulness

Went to watch GUIDE last Sunday at PVR and it was houseful with the audiences clapping and whistling at his entry. Almost all shows for his 4 re-releases across 30 cities were houseful with people of all age groups attending. In my theatre some men came dressed like him. smiley27

Which city

Wistfulness thumbnail

New Delhi