Came across this song on YouTube, and I'm a little puzzled...

jontron thumbnail
Posted: 7 months ago

(Since I'm a newbie, I can't post the link to the song here, sorry - I'll do it in the replies)

The lovely song is "Aapse Mohabbat Ho Hi Gayi" sung by Alka Yagnik and Abhijeet and it comes from some 2005 D-grade poop called "Mashoooookaaa" (seriously, you don't wanna watch this cringefest), and I have some questions:

1. Is it just me or the singers' voices here sound much younger than they actually did in 2005? In fact, the composition style and sound quality of this song also feels like it was composed in the late 90s (probably 1996-99). My hypothesis is that this song was composed for some shelved film and whoever is the producer of this film decided to include it just for the sake of making a soundtrack.

2. The song's music composition is credited to Sajid - Wajid, but to be frank, it sounds more like something Anu Malik would have composed. Also, like I said before, if it's true this song was actually composed in the 90s, could there be any chance S-W composed it?

3. How could this song have landed up in the soundtrack of some horrendous D-grade flick?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jontron thumbnail

Unfortunately, I still can't link the song here either - the movie's actually spelt as Mashooka.

Sutapasima thumbnail

Originally posted by: jontron

Unfortunately, I still can't link the song here either - the movie's actually spelt as Mashooka.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaFj3hIQ2Hs