Neutral2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 months ago

Since the show reiterate the past episode and it has been confirmed that Earthcon doesn't hire married women (atleast at top level position like lead architect), the question now rises is about gender equality.

It is illegal to do inequality with specific gender by the company. What the company did was illegal. Company can't differentiate while hiring and giving salary. 

Many of us accussed Katha of hiding the fact that she is married. Some of us also accussed Katha that she did unfair with other contestant. I was constantly arguing with the people that unfair was done by company. I think now it has been cleared, I want to know those people opinion who was accusing Katha.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I get the idea that Earthcon prefers to hire single people for certain positions. When Viaan was instigating women-friendly policies in the company, he mentions how  few (or was it none ) of the women in senior positions had children. From which we can deduce that there are married employees.

Yes, companies often get away with flouting safeguards granted by the Indian Legal System. For eg: many junior professionals starting out have to put in more hours daily than the system promises. Unless you are a relative of the boss or have some such similar hold.

Edited by capricornrcks - 7 months ago
Neutral2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

I get the idea that Earthcon prefers to hire single people for certain positions. When Viaan was instigating women-friendly policies in the company, he mentions how  few (or was it none ) of the women in senior positions had children. From which we can deduce that there are married employees.

Yes, companies often get away with flouting safeguards granted by the Indian Legal System. For eg: many junior professionals starting out have to put in more hours daily than the system promises. Unless you are a relative of the boss or have some such similar hold.

I remember there was no women (with child) in senior position. That is why he promoted 2 women.

Tenochtitlan thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Actually their situation was very dire too. They needed someone who can work on dubai heritage project. And it required massive commitments. Maybe that's they introduced this policy.