Kareena's film to screen at BFI London (new pics)

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 months ago

Kareena Kapoor Khan starrer The Buckingham Murders is set to screen at BFI London Film Festival in October 2023. The film, helmed by Hansal Mehta, will screen on October 14 and 15 at the festival.

The official synopsis reads, "Fresh wounds are reopened when Jasmeet Bhamra, a cop and single mother who recently lost her child in a shooting spree, transfers to High Wycombe and is assigned the case of a missing child. Director Hansal Mehta explores themes of trauma, closure and the immigrant experience with his signature sensitivity in this atmospheric thriller, featuring a career-best performance by Kapoor."
A4F9FF8A-8E1B-4921-BCAD-2F92D2BF74F8.jpeg

D0FD1DF6-92F7-4706-9D77-4EBB0DCD290B.jpeg

Edited by desigal90 - 7 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Posted: 7 months ago

Storyline is intriguing smiley14

Can’t wait to see the trailer of this movie smiley14

MochaQueen thumbnail

Shouldve been done by Rani instead.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Swetha-Sai

Storyline is intriguing smiley14

Can’t wait to see the trailer of this movie smiley14

It does sound very intriguing, however I’m a bit weary of the casting. Kareena is a great actress no doubt, but the part of the description talking about immigrant experience gives me pause. Can someone who was born and raised, and now lives, in luxury of their own country really understand the immigrant experience?  I guess time will tell.  

ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

That's nice to know. Although, the list I was reading this morning didn't mention this film. 

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

It does sound very intriguing, however I’m a bit weary of the casting. Kareena is a great actress no doubt, but the part of the description talking about immigrant experience gives me pause. Can someone who was born and raised, and now lives, in luxury of their own country really understand the immigrant experience?  I guess time will tell.  

I think it just boils down to the director IMO. If he understands the experience, the actors will just dance to his tunes.

Director and producer quite hype about her performance 

E0C2794A-3896-4979-9FFB-C03C22E58FF2.jpeg

Edited by desigal90 - 7 months ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: desigal90

I think it just boils down to the director IMO. If he understands the experience, the actors will just dance to his tunes.

Director and producer quite hype about her performance 

E0C2794A-3896-4979-9FFB-C03C22E58FF2.jpeg

I just googled Hansel Mehta’s biography and apparently he worked in Fiji before moving back to India and becoming a filmmaker.  So he’s certainly had the immigrant experience, to an extent at least.  

Ekta talks about Kareena’s portrayal of grief (the synopsis mentions losing a child). I don’t doubt that at all. Like I said, Kareena is a very good performer.  

priya185 thumbnail

This sounds cool and I have been to High Wycombe

Alpenliebe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Looks interesting and Kareena looks the part. Will be an emotional rollercoaster for sure.