Two times the writers poked fun at themselves

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 months ago

The writers of this show have a sense of humour. Katha tells Viaan she wants to know who's writing her story. Everything happens so fast. In a previous episode Teji tells Viaan that they have the most boring lives imaginable. The same old routine. She wants to fire the writers.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tenochtitlan thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Honestly, we all relate with Katha's statement that hamare writers ne koi unreal sa shortcut le liya hai aur hum destination pahuch gaye. But, I recently realised that Katha is actually representing us viewers while Viaan is representing writers. And, I find it very clever of the writers to do it this way. 

For many of you this might sound that this is a theory but, such subtle messaging is so rare and when it comes to ITV, it is almost absent. You guys should read about Shostakovich, about he mocked Stalin's regime, showed anger and resentment despite being too obvious about it. Then, you will realize this kind of thinking is possible its not all coincidence.

The way Katha is feeling insecure about her future we the viewers are also feeling insecure about the future of this show. We don't know what will happen in the future and none of are prepared for the future. We also feel there was little journey.

However, Viaan knows the journey just like writers know about all the journey because they were able to see both the perspectives. 

Another thing is that just like Katha, we are also missing the old harships filled days of Katha Ankahee. I also find it weird that all hardships are gone? what am I supposed to see now?

Well, Viaan gave her assurance that future will be more beautiful than dreams. Let's hope if writers also let that happen.

Through this conversation, writers are preparing audience for the latest track and at the same time shedding light on insecurities of Katha .This way writers have announced that a new track is coming but, still everything will be same. Makan badal sakta hai par yaadein nahi jahan bhi jayenge ye sab saath le kar jayenge.

Tenochtitlan thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Talking about mockery, the writers also mocked entire soap opera industry two times.

-> When Kavita came to visit Aarav in hospital the night Katha went on official dinner with Viaan and Ehsan. When Aarav got a panic attack, Kavita also started panicking on this, Neerja said "Ye daily soap nahi cartoon network hai cartoon network, yahan rona nahi hasna hai khush rehna hai"

->Also, when Neerja was leaving Katha's house because she didn't want her sons to mess with Katha, Aarav remarked "Dodo ke phone mein child lock lagana heen hoga. Kitna drama kr rhi hai Dhum ta na na DHum tana na.

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Pretty clever of the writers to draw a parallel between the viewers and the characters. And I love the subtle digs. I, for one loved the fact that they got to the ONS quickly instead of drawing it out over 50 episodes. It makes sense that it happened when Viaan didn't know Katha so well. They were practically strangers.

Edited by capricornrcks - 8 months ago