Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Saabs_123456 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 months ago

They have messed up so bad. ERvery is neutrally bashing the show. It was a good show and got neutral hype when it started but they turned it into typicap ITV drama.

Now it is worse than that.

They have changed every character only especially the leads. If it their with intention to increase TRPs then makers are FOOL. sony is not a big trp channel, it is more known for fresh story, execution and online hype. Katha is doing good even by sticking to the original story, ruling online and offline too on the channel.

But if they wanna ruin a good show, their wish!

They could have just copied Turkish version. It was well written and executed! they have ruined it in hum. Now they have TOTALLY RUINED the show.

emma8 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I agree with you!

I am probably repeating myself but the show had so much potential. It has such good actors. 

I watched today's episode and the promo it appears that Surili will know about Roshini and her cancer but I don't think she will know about Mohit being Shiv's son. 

This is completely aside but it was a big deal when Surili called Shivendra 'Shiv' because apparently no o w calls him that. How come Roshini calls him Shiv? 

Why are the makers rushing? Where is the emotional involvement of Shiv and Surili? Why not let them have a few moments togather where they bond? 

I hope they somehow got back to the original storyline. How about having Surili open a music school like Sureyya did. Are they going to show Sasha and Samar getting togather? Why have they made Samar a fully negative character?

jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

How did the ex gf track end in the turkish version?

Originally posted by: Saabs_123456

In Turkish version, Farauk/ Shivendra had a son with his ex. Roshni was not negative in turkish version, was on grey side. But don't know what Hum makers will show. I think they will turn her negative.

But yeah, Faruk had boundaries. he was not smitten with his ex at all neither flirted. IN fact asked her to stay away from sureyya/ Surili!

Meredith thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

I bet you Mohit isnt Shiv's son at all. Roshni is just using him to get back at Shiv. 

emma8 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

In the original, Roshini did have cancer and she eventually dies. Mohit was truly Shiv's son but I don't know what makers will show here.

Just watched today's episode where Shiv finds out that Surili is pregnant. It's understandable that he is shocked but he isn't even happy. He is focusing more on his emotions about not knowing about pregnancy than being happy with his family. Ranima and Surili and Sam were all happy and dancing and he couldn't just live in the moment. That's really disappointing coming from him. 

I hope Shiv and Surili have a conversation in tomorrow's episode regarding her pregnancy. 

They have turned Raohini completely negative to redeem Shiv's character. Makers don't want to deal with nuances of human nature ans complexities of emotions. They want every black and white. 

nurulain thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I started watching this show but quickly gave up because it doesn't even come close to the original Istanbullu Gelin (Bride of Istanbul). I resorted to reading episode updates and maybe watching part of an episode occassionally.

In the Indian version, they have butchered many characters especially the one of Shiv. Another one here is Roshni, she is shown as lying outright about her sickness and even bribing the doctors and faking her surgery etc. Seriously!!! Who is able to do that in real life? Can't the writers show something realistic? Or better still, why not stick to the original characters and portray them as they are supposed to be? Swati's overacting, Samar too, infact all characters are just being shown as typical Indian show villains.

The storyline has also been changed quite a bit with so much unnecessary drama being thrown in.

Istanbullu Gelin is such an awesome drama, fans have even rewatched it, including myself, I am currently rewatching it. I don't understand why the Indian writers have to deviate from the storyline and bring in unnecessary elements into the show? 

The way Shiv also pronounces Surili's name is enough to set my teeth on edge. Why does he pronounce it as Sur-li instead of Su-ri-li? In my opinion, the actor Jay is not competent enough to have been given this role, compare the original Turkish actor Ozcan Deniz as Faruk to Jay as Shiv and the difference is as clear as night and day.

They have ruined this show and should quickly be taken off air.

Saabs_123456 thumbnail

Originally posted by: nurulain

I started watching this show but quickly gave up because it doesn't even come close to the original Istanbullu Gelin (Bride of Istanbul). I resorted to reading episode updates and maybe watching part of an episode occassionally.

In the Indian version, they have butchered many characters especially the one of Shiv. Another one here is Roshni, she is shown as lying outright about her sickness and even bribing the doctors and faking her surgery etc. Seriously!!! Who is able to do that in real life? Can't the writers show something realistic? Or better still, why not stick to the original characters and portray them as they are supposed to be? Swati's overacting, Samar too, infact all characters are just being shown as typical Indian show villains.

The storyline has also been changed quite a bit with so much unnecessary drama being thrown in.

Istanbullu Gelin is such an awesome drama, fans have even rewatched it, including myself, I am currently rewatching it. I don't understand why the Indian writers have to deviate from the storyline and bring in unnecessary elements into the show? 

The way Shiv also pronounces Surili's name is enough to set my teeth on edge. Why does he pronounce it as Sur-li instead of Su-ri-li? In my opinion, the actor Jay is not competent enough to have been given this role, compare the original Turkish actor Ozcan Deniz as Faruk to Jay as Shiv and the difference is as clear as night and day.

They have ruined this show and should quickly be taken off air.

SO TRUE!

AS someone who watched the original turkish version. you will not able to watch the show at all. it's the worst DOWNGRADE.

They have butchered every character (EVEN SURILI, SUreyya was so independent. She started working during her pregnancy. What surili does? repairs barot's jewellery when it breaks. Like what is it even? Royals van't afford a profesional for that?, but the most annoyig and unbearable character is SHIVENDRA.)

Found Jay pretty fine when the show started when I watched. Jay and Tina did kind of pulled off chemistry since the very first promo itself!

Saabs_123456 thumbnail

Originally posted by: emma8

In the original, Roshini did have cancer and she eventually dies. Mohit was truly Shiv's son but I don't know what makers will show here.

Just watched today's episode where Shiv finds out that Surili is pregnant. It's understandable that he is shocked but he isn't even happy. He is focusing more on his emotions about not knowing about pregnancy than being happy with his family. Ranima and Surili and Sam were all happy and dancing and he couldn't just live in the moment. That's really disappointing coming from him. 

I hope Shiv and Surili have a conversation in tomorrow's episode regarding her pregnancy. 

They have turned Raohini completely negative to redeem Shiv's character. Makers don't want to deal with nuances of human nature ans complexities of emotions. They want every black and white. 

at this point it actually looks like Shivendra loves ROSHNI and Surili was just some girl whom he knew loves him and will agree to him always so he married.

The way he LOOKS are roshni. the way he reminses his past with roshni, the way he is so protective about roshni, the way he prioritises roshni even over surili, the way he keeps shut when roshni passes statement on surili like "tum abhi maa nhi bani na toh tum nhi samjhogi", the way he blushes and says "roshni tum maa ka role play karna, mein papa ka", he is shamelessly EMOTIONALLY CHEATING!

Surili should just leave Shivendra. She desrves SO MUCH BETTER THAN HIM! They should at this point rather show roshni shivendra marrying and living together. Surili finding a new loyal guy who genuinely loves and respects her and gives priority to her. and surili starts working again.

And end the show with this ending!

Edited by Saabs_123456 - 8 months ago
FairyWings1234 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Shiv seems more happy to be with Roshini than Surlii. It's better if she leaves him and finds someone else who would not take her for granted. 

Edited by FairyWings1234 - 8 months ago
Saabs_123456 thumbnail

Originally posted by: FairyWings1234

Shiv seems more happy to be with Roshini than Surlii. It's better if she leaves him and finds someone else who would not take her for granted. 

Exactly. That's what Surili deserves, love, loyalty, respect and someone who prioritises her. it is not even about happiness only. he always prioritises Roshni over surili! looks wierd. gives vibes that he saw roshni in surili that' shwy he married her, otherwise his love is still roshni.

Surili deserves better! The so called "love story" seems one sided. ONly surili seems to be in love with shivendra! better free her!