RK and it's share of criticisms: Were all of them justified?

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
Posted: 10 months ago

Radha Krishna was one of the most popular shows among the youth due to its vibrant colors, beautiful cinematography, melodious music and *interesting* vfx. The lead pair Sumedh and Mallika were fairly appreciated for their roles and chemistry. 

However, this show has had its fair share of criticisms and controversy. Since the 1st episode, the most common criticism it ever got was addition of too much fiction in the name of creative liberty. To some extent the criticisms were valid but I feel that lot of people including myself overdid it. 

I agree it's a show based on our God and Goddess and they are supposed to show at least 80-90% facts as per our puranas but at the same time they also have to keep in mind the entertainment factor. No matter how much fiction they showed but still it entertained viewers hence it was loved and appreciated. Also, we need to keep in mind the amount of lessons it taught to us on how to be a good human being. For example, in the initial few months of the show people criticized it for showing Radha having human bad qualities like jealousy, anger, etc etc but the message the writers gave was how to get rid of these bad qualities and Radha was used as a medium. They never glorified these bad qualities. Instead they showed how much harm these bad qualities would create hence we need to get rid of them.

However, I do believe the writers messed up the show by showing Radha living with Krishna in Dwarka and ruined the pure Radha-Krishna relationship and they very well deserve the criticism but there are many such instances where they tried to give good message through fiction hence did not deserve so much criticism. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sutapasima thumbnail

Nice to see you here my dear buddy 

Sutapasima thumbnail

I am going to watch Shiva Shakti . Are you planning to watch it ?

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Nice to see your comment and am happy that the forum is still active

About the topic, after Adipurush disaster, I have a new found respect for makers of Radha-Krishna 

Yes they weren't following the scriptures and were making story of their own, but at least they did maintain sanctity of these characters

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Sutapasima

I am going to watch Shiva Shakti . Are you planning to watch it ?

Which channel??

Also am watching Vanshaj it's losely based on Mahabharata

One character is named Vidur. Want to see it and join the forum if there