Sai Ketan Rao's nonsensical nutritional endorsement

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail
Posted: 10 months ago

When Sai Ketan Rao isn't acting or modelling, he's an influencer, and today he's saying that he drinks "a plant-based product containing the potent form of one of natureโ€™s most powerful nutrients - Chlorophyll."

The product he's endorsing has Chlorophyll in its name, and his endorsement perpetuates the myth that humans need chlorophyll supplements in our diet. In fact, we don't need chlorophyll at all. It's nonsense to call chlorophyll "potent" when whatever it might do in the human body, antioxidant vitamins do better.

Chlorophyll's function in plants, algae, and some bacteria is to capture light energy for photosynthesis. That is why the plants and algae that humans eat are rich in chlorophyll. The health benefit to us isn't from chlorophyll (we can't perform photosynthesis with it!); the benefit is from the carbohydrates (fibre, starch, sugars), oils, amino acids, carotenoids, vitamins, and minerals of the plant.

The chemical structure of chlorophyll makes it very fat-soluble, not water-soluble. So, don't waste your time mixing chlorophyll powder into water for a so-called energy drink; just drink plenty of water, do sustained and non-strenuous exercise, eat your vegetables as raw as possible, and get enough sleep!

https://www.verywellhealth.com/chlorophyll-5088796

https://www.mdanderson.org/cancerwise/what-are-the-benefits-of-drinking-chlorophyll-6-things-to-know.h00-159460056.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MochaQueen thumbnail

Hope SKR gets a good show๐Ÿ˜”

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

If I recall correctly, he once said he would like to play a scientist.

Whatever he plays, I hope he'll take the character's background seriously, the way he took Bharatanatyam training from Abha Naktode because Raghav Rao would have a dance scene.

RishuDarling thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 months ago

I hope that he finds himself a new and fabulous project to work on. Whether in acting or producing. 

I am not following him (or others) much on social media. Perhaps he doesn't have the position now too be more picky in what he accepts in endorsements or.. He actually supports it.. 

We should write him a perfect script / ideas ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‚ you all have the writing talent.. Come on.. Help my love out here ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‰