Sukanya's Wedding and Ruqaiya's refusal.

lkdaswani thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 months ago

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding Sukanya's wedding arc. 

Remember how Ruqaiya had refused to go attend Sukanya's wedding even though she'd been invited? And when asked by Jalal she'd said, 
"Hum aapke saath kahin bhi aa sakte hai Jalal lekin Amer nahin kyunki who Jodha Begum ka maeka hai aur humein wahan sukoon nahi milega. Aur humein wahan sukoon kyun nahi milega, yeh aap bakhubi jaante hai." 

Guys, what did she mean by this sentence of hers? Why would she not be in 'sukoon' in Amer? By that time she did not think Jodha Begum was actually a threat- not really and Jalal was still that heartless Shahenshah. 

If I were in Ruqaiya's shoes and jealous and protective beyond measure then I would have gone to Amber if only to make sure that Jalal and Jodha won't be stuck staying in the same palace/room. 
Or maybe...I am just overthinking this and Ruqaiya's refusal to attend Sukanya's marriage was just a plot stroke by Ekta. 

πŸ€΄πŸ»β€οΈπŸ‘ΈπŸ»

Edited by lkdaswani - 11 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pragyaabhir thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Even I had the same confusion around this track πŸ˜‚.

I thought as this episode is after tiger attack track, ruks might thought Jodha will always trouble Jalal and this will disturb her sukoon. She might also thought that she won't be able to shout on or slap Jodha as Amer is Jodha's maika and it will degrade thier so called moghal kandhan reputation. πŸ˜‚. Still I would think that ruks should have gone to Amer to protect Jalal from Jodha. 

She missed out all the golden opportunities to defame Jodha and Amer with the mishaps happened in Amer during this track. πŸ˜‚ and we kind of saved from those torturing stincts from ruks.πŸ˜‹

Ha ha , I know my logic can be absurd and it can be just one of ekta maa's mindless tracks. πŸ™.

Edited by pragyaabhir - 11 months ago
lkdaswani thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Thank you for the wonderful reply, Pragyaabhir! 
I completely agree with you on the statement that Ruqaiya missed out on many golden opportunities because if I think of the moment when Jodha started liking Jalal back- I would say it happened during Sukanya's wedding. 
Jalal's acquiescence of Dhawalgarh ka Kila to Sukanya as a gift to JODHA, as a gift to their relationship, had melted Jodha's heart- that much was easy to see. 

But yes, perhaps it could also be the fact that in Jodha's maika--
Jalal would have to room with Jodha INSTEAD of any other Begum as this was Jodha's maika and that was what politeness demanded?
Perhaps Ruqaiya knew that and hence her lack of sukoon? 

pragyaabhir thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Yes, agree with you on your Perhaps statement. Definitely that could be her main reason for the refusal. 

ekta thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 months ago

Bcoz jodha also her wife to its abvious agr jalal zyada important ruqaiya to de bhi tbh bhi jodha ke ghr pe sb jodha jalal ko saath saath rasme kraayenge sb saath mai hoga hr chiz pe sawaal uthenge u know jiska ghr wha pe uski ki chlti hai type 

lkdaswani thumbnail

Thank you for your reply Ekta, and I agree with what you've said- In Amer, Jalal would have had to spend more time with Jodha just because Amer is HER home. That all rasams would have required them to come as a couple making Ruqaiya feel like a 'third wheel'. 

And yes, Ruq would also have felt less powerful than Jodha in Amer- which is also a very strong reason for her to skip the Marriage. 

❀️

Jalaluddin thumbnail

Yup, recently when I came to this episode during my umpteenth time rewatching the show, I thought of the same reasons. maybe it is these reasons of Ruqaiya's prestige and power or fomo in rasmon mein shaamil na ho paana, or maybe it's just a simple typical statement from Ruqaiya, or something that hinted like - her voicing out her intuition (of future closeness between the leads) but obliviously to herself - some sort of base for a future plot that cud have developed in the curious, crafty and creative minds of the CVs, or just nothing but a filler dialogue for having a scene. 

Just one thing I wonder more about is that... That scene first had "Jalal's so-called-mazak love confession for Jodha". He had already been lost in some mysterious khayaal looking at the sunset from the jharoka even before ruqs came. Then he says acknowledging her arrival - comparing a Badshah's life with the view. And then the spontaneously flowing confession seemed like he was just reflecting in speech his earlier mysterious khayaals going on in his mind/non-existent heart. What was that? Didn't look like complete pretense. Only after turning to Ruqaiya, observing her face and assessing her terrorized reaction, he laughs to ease her and says mazaak tha. So what was it actually? 

lkdaswani thumbnail

You see- AND I am going to address something similar in my upcoming chapter of Fitoori- Ruqaiya has insecurities. She may think she hides them well but people who know her well - Maham, Jalal and even to some extent Hamida Banu- can see them playing out whenever it comes to Jodha. 

I have often observed while watching the show that Jalal can be quite callous and vengeful.  

This sort of joke was clearly meant to be revenge for an earlier statement from Ruqaiya- when Jalal explained his reasons for accepting Raja Bharmal's invitation to Amer, Ruqaiya had said, 

"Na aap Amber jaenge aur na hum aapko jaane denge." 

At this moment (in episode 84, 3:14) Jalal has an expression of disbelief on his face. A quiet shock. He waits for her to leave in silence before scoffs and says,

"Haqq zataakar humse humara hi haqq cheen liya" 

Making it very clear with this statement that he disliked such a 'command' from Ruqaiya (for it is definitely not a Request).

When Ruqaiya comes to him later- it is obvious that she has been announced by the Darbaan and that Jalal has prior knowledge of her presence because he does not startle when she touches his shoulder. 
Perhaps he waited, looking deep in thought while looking at the Sun- which is the Rajput Symbol- for a reason. 

Jalal then enacted his revenge by playing on Ruqaiya's insecurities and by confessing his 'love' for Jodha. Then he turned to look at Ruqaiya, saw Ruqaiya's horror- saw her face rapidly losing colour- and laughed

His laughter was mocking, as if telling Ruqaiya in no clear words, that she had NO control over him. That she may be his friend but that does not give her the right to decide what is right for Him. By confessing his love for Jodha, Jalal made Ruqaiya feel powerless, lost... devastated- if only for a moment. 
It was almost as if he was asking, "Didn't feel good did it?"
He made her feel the exact same emotions he had felt when she had dared to command him- leaving her in disbelief this time. 

It reminds us- the viewers and Ruqaiya- that whatever power she has is because of Jalal. That he could take it all away in but a moment- by simply confessing his love for someone other than Ruqaiya (for Ruqaiya's whole power lies over the certainty that she is the Shahenshah's favourite. If she wasn't- no one in the Harem will listen to her and they would all flock to Shahenshah's next favourite- just as we saw in later episodes when Jodha was elected as Harem's leader.)

Jalal is callous, Jalal is needlessly cruel but he gets the point across. 
That Ruqaiya is his Begum and he cares for her but she does not command him in anything- that she shouldn't even DARE to lest it lead to her own devastation. 

What do you think Jalaluddin? 

Edited by lkdaswani - 8 months ago
Jalaluddin thumbnail

Aha! Yes, now I do remember how I was quite astonished to see Ruqaiya throw that threatening statement on his face, and him just scoffing and voicing the irony after she left - haq jataakar humse hi hamara haq cheen liya - I thought - kya? Bas itna hi? How is it that Ruqaiya goes scott-free every time and he lets her go? 

Okay, so that scoff was more like "such vain arrogance! Wait till I kill it" and planning the shock treatment of the succeeding episode... πŸ˜„Here I was needlessly romanticizing that mock confession lol. 

"It was almost as if he was asking, "Didn't feel good did it?"

He made her feel the exact same emotions he had felt when she had dared to command him- leaving her in disbelief this time." - hmm, that makes sense. Tit for tat - you tried to threaten me, tried to stamp over my authority and dared to try make me feel helpless in front of you? Nah, your authority exists because I let it - kinda thing. Marking his territory, haha.

You see- AND I am going to address something similar in my upcoming chapter of Fitoori- Ruqaiya has insecurities. She may think she hides them well but people who know her well - Maham, Jalal and even to some extent Hamida Banu- can see them playing out whenever it comes to Jodha. 

Nice! This will be interesting. Waiting to read the chapter. I've already seen how Fitoori's Jodha gauges Ruqaiya's mind screws and hits at the right time when absolutely necessary - losing deliberately and defeating her when time demands.