Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail
Posted: 11 months ago

Just less than a week to go, YES - only three more matches left! How quickly time flies! Just like the weekend gets over in the blink of an eye, so does the IPL. More than 70 IPL matches have been played over the last eight weeks, but even that's not enough for few of us, or rather, most of us. We want more and more! 

That's the beauty of this tournament, isn't it? Anyway, we are into that territory of the competition from where on, every game is going to be a knockout encounter. Chennai stormed into the final last night, but Gujarat Titans lived to fight another day, as they had finished as the table-toppers in the league stage. But from here on - there are no second chances. Welcome to our live coverage of the Eliminator, folks! It's the Lucknow Super Giants who will take on the five-time IPL champions - Mumbai Indians at the same venue - MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai where Qualifier 1 was played less than 24 hours back. The winner advances, while the loser goes home, simple equation.

Nostalgia-02 thumbnail

Thanks for the tag Madhuri 

WildestDreams thumbnail

Pitch and ground dimensions: It's a different pitch than yesterday, the boundaries are contrasting. The off-side boundary is 61 metres, while the leg-side boundary is 70 metres and 77 metres down the ground. The surface used for this game is similar to the one used in the last night's match. The wicket looks abrasive, lots of in it for the spinners. There will be a bit of swing with the new ball, but apart from that it's going to be spin to win. Batting first is a good option on this wicket, reckons Matthew Hayden.

Savera84 thumbnail

Ravi Bishnoi also has a chat: "I try my best to contribute to a win. Whenever I get to play, my idea is to try and help the side win. I am blessed to have such a season so far. We have played on pretty tough wickets for batters in Lucknow, so we have that advantage. We take one match at a time."

Quinton de Kock speaks ahead of play: "It's a big occasion. It's a big game for us. Just a four games, but it has been quite different. We kept our eyes on the wicket last night; it's slow, [and there's] little bit of spin. If it feels like a good wicket, we want to get off to a flier... we have an over to assess"

Savera84 thumbnail

"The Eliminator is set to be played on the pitch that had been used for the league fixture between CSK and MI on May 6. The ball didn't turn that much then, but the slowness of the surface handcuffed MI's batters. In that afternoon game, Deepak Chahar had bowled cutters and knuckle balls in the powerplay, with Dhoni up to the stumps. There was a bit of dew around when CSK and GT trained on Monday evening, but there was no dew during the game on Tuesday. Will dew be a factor today?"

Savera84 thumbnail

Still some time away from the toss, and here's probably the best comparison: Chawla, Shokeen, Raghav Goyal and Kartikeya vs Pandya, Bishnoi, Mishra and Gowtham. And, and... look away if you're an MI fan, since LSG hold a 3-0 advantage over them across all their meetings so far.

Yesterday it was the same story between CSK and GT and CSK took the honours.  May be it is MI's turn today.

Cheers..

WildestDreams thumbnail

MI won and choose to bat first

Savera84 thumbnail

Mumbai Indians have won the toss and have opted to bat

RainOfDew thumbnail

MI won the toss nd chose to bat

SoniRita thumbnail