Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Savera84 thumbnail

Delhi Capitals

Posted: 11 months ago

The focus will be on MI but they will be up against a team which has slipped under the radar throughout this tourney. Led by Aiden Markram, SRH even if they win might as well finish last. Canโ€™t say fittingly so but they have really fared very poorly this season. None of their batters except Heinrich Klaasen have shown any glimpses of form. Abhishek Sharmaโ€™s couple of fifties and Brookโ€™s ton are the only highlights perhaps. MI if they bat first and get around 180, would need to win by around 82 runs to ensure their NRR is better than RCB's. Needless to say RCB will have a tougher match as they will be up against table toppers GT. But with their place secured for qualifier 1, GT might as well rest a few of their main players. That is for later. MI have a mountain to climb. The reserves are pretty less.

WildestDreams thumbnail

Mumbai Indians

The focus will be on MI but they will be up against a team which has slipped under the radar throughout this tourney. Led by Aiden Markram, SRH even if they win might as well finish last. Canโ€™t say fittingly so but they have really fared very poorly this season. None of their batters except Heinrich Klaasen have shown any glimpses of form. Abhishek Sharmaโ€™s couple of fifties and Brookโ€™s ton are the only highlights perhaps. MI if they bat first and get around 180, would need to win by around 82 runs to ensure their NRR is better than RCB's.

But MI donโ€™t exactly have their fate in their own hands. They will have to bridge the NRR gap between themselves and RCB. And then expect RCB who play after them to not topple them back. In edition 2019, even 12 points was good enough for the 4th placed team to make it to the top four. In 2023, 16 points might not be enough to make it to the next round. That would be a first in the 16 editions whenever there have been 14 league games that a team with 16 points wonโ€™t qualify to the play-offs. So, this answers how competitive and compelling this IPL has been. Of course this will happen if both MI and RCB win their respective games.

Savera84 thumbnail

Delhi Capitals

It's the final day of IPL 2023's group stage and Mumbai Indians, the hosts, have the opportunity to make a strong push for the fourth spot to enter the playoffs. Against them are the bottom-placed Sunrisers Hyderabad, who - with a win - can spoil Mumbai's party and not be the wooden-spoon holders. For the hosts, it's a return to their fortress, as Abhimanyu Bose writes in the preview, where they've chased brilliantly.

Savera84 thumbnail

Delhi Capitals

Pitch Report | Simon Doull and Kevin Pietersen: Dimensions - 63 metres and 67 metres square, 72 metres downtown. I see the red soil sticking out. From history, this is a very very good wicket. The wicket is knit together quite nicely which means it's a good cricket wicket. Yorkers and good length has worked for the bowlers, everything else has been absolutely dispatched. It's a great surface, heavy length, top of off-stump is absolutely vital because of how good the wicket is.

WildestDreams thumbnail

Mumbai Indians

MI if they bat first and get around 180, would need to win by around 82 runs to ensure their NRR is better than RCB's. And if they bowl first and are set 181 to win, they'll have to chase it down in roughly 11.4 overs. Needless to say RCB will have a tougher match as they will be up against table toppers GT. But with their place secured for qualifier 1, GT might as well rest a few of their main players. That is for later. MI have a mountain to climb. The reserves are pretty less.

Prizi thumbnail

Delhi Capitals

Originally posted by: DiamondLife

Think of the pressure on RCB if MI wins this one ๐Ÿ˜›

don't even want to think abt that scenario

Prizi thumbnail

Delhi Capitals

Originally posted by: DiamondLife

If Hardik decides to give away RCB a win in gift ๐Ÿคช

chumma to him๐Ÿคฃ

Prizi thumbnail

Delhi Capitals

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

He won't๐Ÿ˜ƒ, because he knows very well that, if he gives a chance to RCB, Virat will crush his brother's team, LSG, in the elimination round!! 

apne liye  na sahi bhai k liye jitna hai๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by Prizi - 11 months ago
WildestDreams thumbnail

Mumbai Indians

Umran Malik: I'm playing today. In the last year, I played all games and had overs under my belt. This time I didn't play as many games and have taken only five wickets..

I've not been playing but maintained working hard and believe in it. Hopefully, I'II do well. (On his pace) When you bowl only two overs, it's not easy to load up and bowl at full pace consistently. I've been trying to hit good areas. (On being asked whether he looks for wickets or containing runs) When the team needs wickets, I try to strike. Else I try to contain runs. (On his mindset) I'm playing my first game after five games, so I'll try to do my best and execute my plans.