Posted: 11 months ago
Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Kaun baant raha hai prasad??🤣

Mai hi baant raha... Wo aayi thi bheekh maangne 2-3 din pehle ðŸ˜†

atominis thumbnail
Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

I agree with you. 

His family follows both cultural traditions of him and his wife’s religion. And they get bashed by both groups.

Rana’s narrative is whole lot of wrong. That lady has crossed all sense of moral and ethical boundaries a human could have. 

Recently I read a Media person’s threatening text to someone who didn’t give him an interview. Like — you will pay for this. Imagine if small time media person has power, what big houses could do.

Srk maintained good relations with them throughout. He didn’t deserve what Barkha did and surely Aryan didn’t deserve the witch-hunt. 

Although he will still have to maintain work relations as Suhana is entering showbiz. 

SRK and others make me realise how difficult it is to be a huge public figure.

Everyone makes narratives about your or makes you symbol of something.

It was not right on part of Rana to write an article claiming he did MNIK, Raees or played a Muslim therapist in Dear Zindagi to assert his identity as a Muslim in Hindu right wing ruled India blah blah. Or to send a message. SRK was right to counter that narrative and say it was coincidence that he ended up playing Muslim characters in some films.

I wonder why she ignored CE, HNY, JTHJ etc where he played a Hindu.

I think Rana likes to create narratives a lot and has got carried away ever since WaPo and foreign media gave her columns. Same for Barkha who writes for WaPo.

I mean I know we have issues with communal politics, crimes, riots, hate speeches by politicians and online trolls but to drag even films in this is not fair. I did not like Rana's piece on Sooryavanshi either nor did I think film was as bad and as communal as that article claimed. Her writing about Padmavat was also unfair. And I wonder why ignore real issues and drag films in columns to create debate over films and ignore real incidents? 

I find these anchors to be wily and a law unto themselves and these columnists are also vile. Shekhar Gupta is another sneaky guy and so are Barkha and Vir Sanghvi. They may not be as loud as Arnab or Navika but they are problematic nonetheless.

Raveena spoke recently how media destroys your image and career and how editors spread canards about her in 90s and her rivals and heroes also got stories planted against her. Threats and blackmail by media are real. Amitabh, Mithun, Aamir, Vivek, Kay Kay Menon etc have also spoken about smear campaigns by media in past. 

I am glad Vidya and Deepika stayed away from intolerance debate for eg and laughed it off and Deepika, Sara, Rakukpreet, K Jo have also kept silent on media, drug case and avoided all media channels.

Edited by atominis - 11 months ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I think it is a smart decision. With social media, celebrities can directly and transparently communicate their story to audiences without a middle person. This avoids awkward, prying, and offensive questions. It minimizes misinterpretations and intentional mischaracterization for sensationalism. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: driven

I heard Rahul Gandhi is going to become the Prime Minister of India next year. That's going to be better for SRK I guess? 

That would be a bit relaxing but SRK would still try to stay away from politics or political statements.

Whoever will be next PM, I hope (really!) that it isn't Modi or another autocratic person with extremist leaning and cliquing with Adanis or Ambanis or other with immense money-power.

NatkhatPyare thumbnail
Originally posted by: Clochette

That would be a bit relaxing but SRK would still try to stay away from politics or political statements.

Whoever will be next PM, I hope (really!) that it isn't Modi or another autocratic person with extremist leaning and cliquing with Adanis or Ambanis or other with immense money-power.

Prepare yourself for a heartbreak then. ðŸ’”😒

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Heisenberg17

Do us one more favour, SRK, stop making films. ðŸ˜†

Why should he do any favour to you? There are others who can do you a favour...