Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SoniRita thumbnail

Gujarat Titans

Posted: 1 years ago

That's one way of polishing off a small chase when the stakes are high. Lanning and Shafali came out all guns blazing, and then Capsey carried on from where she left off in the previous game. Mumbai, who started the season with five wins on the bounce, have now lost two in a row and are in some danger of missing the top spot after dominating much of the league phase. The Capitals are peaking at the right time and are looking as dangerous as a side can get. It's all to play for on the final day of league fixtures at the inaugural WPL. We're unlikely to know who top the pool until the final game. Isn't that all we expect?

SoniRita thumbnail

Gujarat Titans

Harmanpreet Kaur:  "We were 45 runs short but with the amount of bowling we have, we were looking for early breakthroughs. Dew was there, and we didn't bowl to our plans, they batted really well. We definitely have to bat well to win, we need to sit and discuss what we've not done well in the last couple of games. We've got good players, I'm happy this has happened to us, at least we won't be overconfident."

SoniRita thumbnail

Gujarat Titans

Alice Capsey:  "Delighted with the win, delighted to get home early. When we were fielding, bowled good lines and length to restrict them on a good wicket. When I went out there, the ball wasn't doing well. Was just about hitting through the line and hitting straight. We want to play the same brand of cricket whether we're chasing 110 or 200. Shafali sets the tone for people like me coming after. We both hit to different parts of the ground. Having chats with her is great. No one better than hear to learn from when it comes to striking the ball."

SoniRita thumbnail

Gujarat Titans

Meg Lanning: It was a great game, hard to fault much. We got off well with the bowl, Kapp got us to a great start again and to chase down like that was brilliant. (On Kapp) She's very talented, always eager to play well and to see her perform so well, very pleased for her. I think the bowler's did it for us tonight, to restrict them to about 100 was great. (On Orange Cap) I was quite happy with the blue, not too worried about things like this. Just want a repeat performance like this, bat well, bowl well and hopefully get another win.

Edited by SoniRita - 1 years ago
SoniRita thumbnail

Gujarat Titans

Marizanne Kapp | Player of the Match: To be honest, the whole bowling group deserves this award. Everyone bowled well today. On this wicket, everytime we win the toss I want to bowl first because the ball does quite a bit. Just happy with the win and the performance. I think the more I play, the more I read the wicket and my bowling gets better. The catches this team has been taking has been amazing. Been a while since I've seen a performance like this, and the team has been working really hard and well together.

Savera84 thumbnail

Sunrisers Hyderabad

What a game!

Congratulations to DC W for winning the match.πŸ₯³

Congratulations to Marizanne Kapp for winning the PoTM award.πŸ‘

Can MI bounce back and get back to their number one position or are we going to see a new number one after tonight's double header?  Very interesting last two games coming up tonight.

Cheers..