Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cnwzg6soVxe/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I remember watching this movie while on my first trip abroad. I was a little kid, away from my parents, it had already been a month away from home and it was already hurting. 

There was also news of Tsunami 2004. It had such a great impact on me that till date I cannot imagine myself settling abroad. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Swades would have had a serious chance at the Oscars (better than Lagaan) because USAmerican people there could have better connected with the NRI versus homeland part and India as such was very well depicted for foreigners.

But sometimes the right film doesn't come at the right time... two years before, Lagaan had been submitted (same director), and the year before, Devdas had been submitted (same actor).

Nandini_goyal thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Swades would have had a serious chance at the Oscars (better than Lagaan) because USAmerican people there could have better connected with the NRI versus homeland part and India as such was very well depicted for foreigners.

But sometimes the right film doesn't come at the right time... two years before, Lagaan had been submitted (same director), and the year before, Devdas had been submitted (same actor).

Is there some kinda rule as to the time span??

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

I doubt that there is such a rule...but it would have reeked of favoritism...and anyways, Swades wasn't well received in India (by the audience) although it had "rave reviews" (Wikipedia) from the critics.

Nandini_goyal thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

I doubt that there is such a rule...but it would have reeked of favoritism...and anyways, Swades wasn't well received in India (by the audience) although it had "rave reviews" (Wikipedia) from the critics.

I was about 8 or 9 years old and my bua and I just kept humming the songs from the movie ❤️

Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Nandini_goyal thumbnail
Nandini_goyal thumbnail