Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by: Clochette

Minty, what if you try with a 'possible dream' ...or did you already meet him...face to face?

No I've never met him

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: mintyblue

No I've never met him

Then try...THAT isn't an unreachable dream, isn't it?

I want to tell you (you all who read here), that there is a man and a song, both being symbolic for me to believe in dreams...and to try to reach them.

The man is out of a book written by a Spanish writer, then made into a TV-play/musical on Broadway by the US American Dale Wasserman. I saw him (the man) in the musical made into a film by Arthur Hiller (1972).

The first time, I heard the song, it was in French sung by Jacques Brel (La QuΓͺte = the quest)...what a powerful song! But initially, the song was written in English as "The impossible Dream".

Both - the man and the song - came together in "The Man of La Mancha"... Don Quichote and his dream....

You may not believe it (given the character Cervantes wrote), but this song made me believe in dreams...and not give up...

First the lyrics (Joe Darion):

"To dream the impossible dream - To fight the unbeatable foe - To bear with unbearable sorrow - And to run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong - And to love pure and chaste from afar - To try when your arms are too  weary - To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest - To follow that star - No matter how hopeless - No matter how far

To fight for the right - Without question or pause - To be willing to march, march into Hell - For that Heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true - To this glorious quest - That my heart will lie peaceful and calm - When I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this - That one man, scorned and covered with scars - Still strove with his last ounce of courage

To reach the unreachable star"

Now the movie scene (Peter O'Toole, Sophia Loren... Wikipedia can tell you the plot πŸ˜‰)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo7VlD66ISM

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
Clochette thumbnail

I just watched the documentary on Netflix...it's about a man and a woman living in a jungle in Tamil Nadu who are the first in India to have successfully raised two (abandoned) baby elephants.

It's a 45' film that left me with a smile and gave me wonderful images 😊

Maroonporsche thumbnail

That Guneet woman needs a nose job 

Clochette thumbnail

I am so happy for Ke Huy Quan that I tried to find an interview with him in the 8 h live Video from the Oscars...and I got one (about his nomination)... it is so...so... so... (I just don't find the 'right' word)... if it turns out like I hope, then it should be at 4hours 17 min in (I don't noticed the seconds...):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6S25nHmUOI

next stop 6h02min (Ram Charan)...and then 6h30min (N.T.)...then 7h26min (Ke Huy Quan again)

Clochette thumbnail

Now, after the Oscar Night is over (maybe some parties still going on),

I repeat my initial question:

Has anyone here already experienced the happiness about a dream come true?

I remember at least one member that had such an experience not long ago (FF, thinking of you )...😊

Others?