Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Emergency release hone do, Kangana ko milega😎kitno seva ki hai didi ne, itna toh Banta hai😪

atominis thumbnail

WTF do actors or filmmakers do that they need Bharat Ratna?

They already have National awards, Padma awards and Phalke awards.

They have NO such contribution or excellence that they deserve Bharat Ratna. Most of them do remakes or copy each other and do bullshit timepass stuff. What is their exceptional contribution to nation?

Bharat Ratna has a prestige. It cannot be brought to level of Filmfare or Padma Sri.

People criticise even Padma awards being given freely to celebs these days and you talk of Bharat Ratna?

Lata was only one who got it and this is due to her excellent singing.

No one else in BW or regional industry deserves Bharat Ratna. Lallus making mindless masala films or action films deserve Bharat Ratna? Nope.

At the most, maybe AR Rahman can get it someday or late Satyajit Ray deserved it.

Otherwise film industry has no exceptional or unique talent, excellence or service to nation or world class work to merit a Bharat Ratna level award. 

Next is what? Nobel for actors? 

naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9

Because Bharat Ratna can't be bought ðŸ˜†

Jokes apart in a year only three Bharat Ratna awards are awarded so high competition from all sectors. 

AB sr can get in future others i don't think..

Bhupen Hazarika too got posthumously apart from Lata mangeshkar 

Uday_Shetty thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

What do they contribute to India's growth?

Or how many actors and actresses do you think are the best in their fields?

Ainvayee kisiko bhi nahi de sakte na Bharat Ratna... you gotta fit in either of the above 2 categories 

atominis thumbnail

To be honest even Amitabh does not deserve it.

What has he done special for India's growth or development or what global level excellence he has? I know he is probably the longest lasting, biggest star India has seen till now but Bharat Ratna is too much for him. He has Phalke award and highest of Padma awards. I think this is enough.

He is not some global level unique thespian. I mean Sachin Tendulkar got Bharat Ratna when he broke global records. I highly doubt Amitabh or any actor deserves Bharat Ratna. No matter how popular or famous they have been globally.

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Satyajit Ray is the only name I could think of from the entertainment industry who deserves the award. Not surprisingly, I checked and he already has one. 

That said by the official criteria, if Lata is eligible, not sure why someone like Amitabh or Yash Chopra aren't suitable for it. 

Alpenliebe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: atominis

To be honest even Amitabh does not deserve it.

What has he done special for India's growth or development or what global level excellence he has? I know he is probably the longest lasting, biggest star India has seen till now but Bharat Ratna is too much for him. He has Phalke award and highest of Padma awards. I think this is enough.

He is not some global level unique thespian. I mean Sachin Tendulkar got Bharat Ratna when he broke global records. I highly doubt Amitabh or any actor deserves Bharat Ratna. No matter how popular or famous they have been globally.

Don't kill me, but I think even Sachin Tendulkar didn't deserve Bharat Ratna. His achievement is more like his personal achievement. No other sportsperson deserves more than Major Dhyanchand. His contribution to field hockey is unparalleled. 

Chocru thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Alpenliebe

Don't kill me, but I think even Sachin Tendulkar didn't deserve Bharat Ratna. His achievement is more like his personal achievement. No other sportsperson deserves more than Major Dhyanchand. His contribution to field hockey is unparalleled. 

Thank you for saying this! 

Chosing Sachin Tendulkar over Dhyan Chand that year for Bharat Ratna was a JOKE.

Sachin is a talented sportsman but he is no God of cricket like his fans dub. He was a spectacular failure as captain. He did nothing voluntarily to go out of the way to develop a sport. I'm saying this only to say even in cricket he has his limitations. His is all about personal achievement like you said, Padma bhushan/vibushan se zyaada nahi milna tha, for his skills and records.

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

I mean Rajeev Gandhi got it for I don’t know what. So those who say that it cannot be rigged, please take a seat.

Ocean_breeze thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 6

"BHARAT RATNA is awarded in recognition of exceptional service/performance of the highest order in any field of human endeavour. "

Giving it to any controversial figures,who have not done anything exceptional, in my opinion, would be a shame to the honour in itself. 

Not that I believe that it is always given in  just manner.

Edited by Ocean_breeze - 1 years ago