Meant to be Yours

Meerasim FF 

Part 1 - pg 1 

Part 2 - pg 1 

Part 3- pg 2 

Part 4-pg 3

Part 1 

“ Meerab” 

There was just darkness and then I felt like a part of me was drowning. It felt like a dream- like I was adrift in a sea and yet watching myself drift from afar. 

“ Beta ankhein kholo”

Was that Ma Begum? I could hear the concern in her voice and was that fear. I fought against the drowning darkness and suddenly the pain started, I could feel a cracking pain as I took a deep breath abd that pain extended from my ribs to my arms. 

Murtasim dheere chalaon please 

The accident - the shattering of glass and smell of blood. Meerab’s screaming 

Meerab 

“ Meerab” 

Someone leaned over me and said “ main hoon yahan”

I could feel her hand over mine but she felt wrong, she smelled wrong 

“ Meerab” 

Was she alright? I wrenched my eyes open and the mere act exhausted me. I looked up at Ma Begum as her eyes filled with tears 

“ Murtasim beta aapko hosh agaya. Jao doctor Ko bulao, Haya” 

She leaned towards me and brushed my hair back like I was a little boy. I could feel the love and fear emanating from her. 

“ Ma..Meerab”

I saw her face darken. 
“ Tum aram karo. Doctor se milo hum phir….

“ Meerab thik hai? Woh mehfuse Hain na?” I knew I was about to pass out but I needed to know. Just to know that in my anger I hadn’t hurt her- hadn’t lost her. 

Ma Begum’s annoyance flared but she took a deep breath and stated “ Kuch nahin hua tumhari biwi ko. Zakhmi bhi tum hoyaye ho aur nuksaan bhi humara hi his hai”

“ Shukr Alhamdullilah” I blurted out 

The annoyance in her face vanished. Now she looked very angry.. 

“ Tum is Gaddi ke janasheen ho. Tumhe kuch ho jata toh is parivar ma kya hota? Humara kya hota? Meerab can only cause problems..” 

Her voice started to slowly fade out as my body gave up. 

I felt my eyes close just as the doctor barged in. 

………………………………………………..,,,…………

Meerab 

This time I was conscious. I had been for days and yet this name was still the first thing I thought when I woke up and the last thought I had until I drifted off to sleep. 

Meerab - is she alright? My family had time and again reassured me that she was fine. But if she was, then why wasn’t she here? Did she not care one bit whether I lved or died? It was heart wrenching just waiting for her to appear 

“ She won’t come.” Haya murmured as she often did. Usually Ma Begum hushed her.  But as luck would have it, she was tending to him alone today. 

“ Shut up” I growled 

“ I will” she said sweetly “ but it won’t change the truth. Why don’t you accept the truth? She doesn’t care - she never has and she never will. Jo tumse mohabbat karte hain- Jinki Jaan nikal gayi thi yeh khabar sunke unki bare thoda soch lo. Jo tumhari parva nahi karti uske bare menu Soch kar apni Shaan mein gustaki kaar rahe ho” 

I clenched my teeth 

“ Tum chup rahogi ya main tumhe bahar nikal feku?” 

She shrugged 

“ Mujhe nikalese meerab nahin aayegi-“ 

I felt my heart shatter. It’s true that from the moment I had waken up, I kept on searching for her face- but she didn’t come not even once. First I was worried she was hurt but Ma Begum had even shown me her discharge papers. Then where was she? 

“ You know Ma Begum is refusing to let anyone tell you this until you get better but I think you should know. Meerab chaligayi “

“ What”

“ Ma Begum ne kaha ke agar tum Murtasim ko apna shohar Nahi manti ho toh chali jao aur woh chali gayi.. She is probably in Karachi finally studying law like she wanted to. Usne apni azaadi ko chuna. Aur tum aisi ladki ke liye apni jaan gawane chale the…

“ Get out” I raged. I threw the glass against the wall and it shattered 

“ Murtasim…” I could feel Haya’s color draining 

“ Isse Pehle ke main tumhe Jaan se mar doon- Get out Haya!!”

She scattered like a rat. She couldn’t hold her own against me. She never could- no one could. No one except Meerab. Meerab would have looked me in the eye and defied me. Meerab who left- who didn’t care. 

And yet I couldn’t stop just longing for her 

Meerab!  

……………………………………………………………..

How is it? It’s going to be a few parts and is obviously a Meerasim fic. 

Edited by Neha_S - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sofna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

Loved it!

Can't wait to read more

Tvluvrk thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Very nice👏.....Good job👍

reshamc thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Fabulous 😍😍 I love that it is raining meerasim stories everywhere. Pls do continue...

preciousn905k thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

It was really good...please keep writing and give us the next part❤️

Neha_S thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Thank you everyone for your encouragement. Part 2 coming up soon. 

Neha_S thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

Part 2 

Murtasim 

I couldn’t breathe. It was a horrifying feeling as I lay in the dark. The sudden incapacity to draw in a breath to calm my burning lungs made me panic and I sat up in the dark. I was panicking and I stopped. 

I pressed my fingers on my temple and took a deep breath 

He’s alright. They said he woke up. He’s alive. 

Murtasim.. 

The name had recently become a chant in my mind. Ever since the accident, the nightmares had been every night. I woke up seeing him covered in blood. So much blood and all I want in that moment is that he is alright; he is alive even though I wasn’t even allowed to see him. 

“ Murtasim” I whispered again “  Tum thik ho” 

I felt tears drip through my eyes and sighed again. How did I get here? 

The name Murtasim was frequent during my childhood. Ma and Baba dragged me to Hyderabad every summer and even though we spent almost all holidays together, Murtasim and I took pains to avoid each other. He was older, reserved and possibly everything I hated about the haveli. 

He was golden child and Ma Begum expected the girls to bow down and serve him. The absolute entitlement that they displayed made me resent them even further. 

A resentment I carried through my adult life; a resentment which slowly became hatred when he was put in charge of bringing me here and there and keeping me in line. A hatred which solidified when they told me I had to marry him. And he became the embodiment of everything that went wrong 

Murtasim… 

I didn’t want to marry him and when I voiced it, they took away everything: my identity, my parents and my dreams and the life I always knew.I couldn’t do anything at all. I who had stood up against wrongs all my life couldn’t do anything. A part of me wanted to run away and stay in a hostel but the sane part of me knew that they would never let me. If Meerab Waqas Ahmed studying law was bad, Meerab Anwar Khan living in hostel  and studying law would be a sin. They would drag me back 
 So I chose to control what I could. I chose to marry him on my own terms. If I had to suffer, he did too. I wasn’t going to be the wife who would mold herself to him. He would have to deal with it. 

I was ready to fight him at every turn, torment him as he would me. But I wasn’t prepared for his affection, his teasing and his beautiful eyes. I wasn’t prepared for the jolt that my heart felt when he smirked at me or the utter breathlessness I felt when he came near me. I was prepared for the Gaddi ke Janasheen Murtasim but I wasn’t prepared for my husband. 

“ Murtasim…” I whispered again seeking comfort from each syllable of his name. 

He was faking it. I told myself every day. He was faking his affection to make me fall for him, to make me the wife he wants to be… and so I resisted with every ounce of will I had in me. I resisted him and his love. I wasn’t going to his biwi. I will never be his…

And now every single night I woke up to his name. I  calmed myself  down chanting his name. I hope to see him once, just once and then i will leave. 

But they won’t let me.  I remembered Ma Begum’s warning when I had gone to visit him. 

“ Tum meri bete de dur rahogi, samjhi? Anwar, Meerab Ko le jau. Aur main usse is hospital pass dekhna nahin chahti. Agar dekha toh mujhe bura koi nahin hoga.. “

“ Bas Salma bhabi. Meri beti koi sarak par pari nahin hain ke ap uska toheen pe toheen kiye ja rahiye. Chalo Meerab…”

He grabbed my arm and pulled me away. I stopped him 

“ Lekin Murtasim..”

He stopped and his eyes filled with pity. I looked away, coloring pink.

“ Mujhe bas ek baar usse Milna hai- bas..” I mumbled trying to sound as casual as I could. But the desperation in my voice sounded pathetic to even me. 

Murtasim, what have you done to me? 

“ Chalo Meerab. Use hosh agaya toh woh tumhare pass aajayega..” he said firmly. 

I left. Angry, confused, guilty. 
I just wanted to meet him once- why couldn’t I ? I just wanted to see him, to hear him talk , call my name.. why wasn’t I allowed to?

Will he come to me when he can? When will that be? Why is this incessant need to see him driving me crazy? Is this love? This constant need and ache I feel… 

Hes having the last laugh isn’t he? 

Why isn’t he here? 

Maybe he hates me now. Maybe finally I have driven him away.. 

My heart shattered at the thought. 

Murtasim

Edited by Neha_S - 1 years ago
Queeen thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 7

Awww this broke my heart please continue n let them meet 💔 

mahiaana thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Poor  babies are suffering so badly. 😭 this was soooo good. Please continue and let them have their peace, love! Let them meet. 

( if possible please upload it on wattpad) 

Edit :- bad karma,I'm so sorryyy hun i mistakenly tagged you. 😔 sorry for the disturb 

Edited by mahiaana - 1 years ago
Queeen thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 7

No problem at all girl in fact i also loved it.. hopefully she will update soon 🙏