Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Kriti only got best actress because there was no competition 

If this award win doesn’t raise her stature/stock then nothing will. An we can definitively say she was never that level 

Edited by Maroonporsche - 1 years ago
VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Kriti only got best actress because there was no competition 

You can say that but it's also much harder for an actress to strike a balance between strong scripts and more female-centric ones when every (other) movie is flopping. 

Taapsee got so much criticism for her movies constantly flopping but again, Thapaad gave a much bigger opening than Selfiee. (again Thappad was niche and Selfiee was not) Could anyone have predicted that?

Kriti took a gamble and it paid off. Unfortunately her other gambles didn't pay off. 

Besides Alia who is currently at her peak, none of the new(er) actresses have gotten a chance to show off the most of their skills to a wide audience. It's not Alia's fault but it means success needs to be redefined

- Nushrat Bharucha's best work remains her debut. 

- quasi-nepo Bhumi Pednekar is stuck playing the other woman

- Taapsee got the biggest hit of her career with Dunki but before she did so many low budget films. 

These are all 2012-2015 debuts. Forget 2018. 

Radhika Madan of 2018 debuts has so much to give. Look at Mrunal Thakur and how long it took her to get up there. 

I will say for her relative acting ability Sara has done quite a bit in 5 years in terms of popularity. She could comfortably become a full time influencer and do movies "on the side" if she wasn't so ambitious. 

Remember Esha Deol's career was barely like 3ish years and was over 5 years in. 

bakhtaavar thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

and still cannot act to save their lives 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: VimalPanMasala

Remember Esha Deol's career was barely like 3ish years and was over 5 years in. 

Esha Deol had movies lined up from 2002 to 2008, and then took a break. Her career was over as of 2011. That’s a total of 7 active years in her  “prime”

Pretty good for someone who only has 1 hit movie and zero good performances and a bunch of movies where she was a side role. I always have to point out the nepotism so I knew this very well. 

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 1 years ago
VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Esha Deol had movies lined up from 2002 to 2008, and then took a break. Her career was over as of 2011. That’s a total of 7 active years in her  “prime”

Pretty good for someone who only has 1 hit movie and zero good performances and a bunch of movies where she was a side role. I always have to point out the nepotism so I knew this very well. 

Lmao yes but you are forgetting the Hema and Dharamendra influence - they were actually more respected than any of the nepotism debuts now. Esha was also doing interviews with her mom everywhere which would never happen today.  At least Janhvi and Sara were not physically fighting their costars. 

YourCat thumbnail

I dont think I have watch any of Janhvi or Sara movie 

Edit : I did watch Kedarnath 

Edited by YourCat - 1 years ago
forza thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

So much hate for these young Girls, Get life guys. 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: forza

So much hate for these young Girls, Get life guys. 

So we can only hate on old people? I believe in equality. I hate all nepo’s; young or old. 

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

In the new lot I like only Kiarra, so I enjoy her movies mainly. She looks good onscreen and has had some cool chartbusters to her name. 

Originally posted by: cougarTown

I have lost count on kriti's flops..Bachan Pande, Bhediya, Shehzada..sab male centric movies mein sidekick and all flops..

Kiara is doing really well..she had a BB and an average grosser last year and even before that she had only hits in KS and Good Newz,she will be fine and she has survived the pandemic rather well.

How is Kiara doing well? In Good News, she had supporting role and in KS, she had flower pot role. Another movie was Shershaah, where she had flower pot role. Both movies were male oriented and Kiara didn’t have important role on them.