Why not breastfeeding is seen as a sin

Skzz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

I am a new mom and since the day my baby is born i have been judged so badly on not able to breastfeed my baby. I have a low milk supply and it takes around 30-40 min for my baby to feed due to which my nipple pain alot and even after 30 min my baby is hungry. I literally tried everything to increase milk supply it still not increasing i have to give formula milk to my baby.

Everyone judges me alot that i am not able to give enough mother milk to my baby, Anything wrong with baby its due to not breastfeeding

According to them my motherhood is easy because i am giving formula milk and didnt have to wake up every hour to feed…but i am also waking up every couple of hours to feed baby, change diapers, sterilize bottle. I am doing my best to take care of my baby but everything goes ignored due to this reason. I feel so depressed, they make me feel like i am not a good mother.

Edited by Skzz - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

First of all, bravo to everything you do as a mother. There are always frustrations, especially in the earliest days when you are most tired.

If it wasn't breastfeeding, it would be something else making you doubt yourself. For example, clipping the baby's fingernails and toenails is so tricky! No matter what disrupts your efforts, remember that your baby loves you and crying is just how babies learn to talk. As you make more memories together, the rough patches won't sting so much.

Now, I have to mention post-partum depression because it's real and dangerous and not your fault if it happens to you. Over the internet, I can't tell if your "I feel so depressed" is just because critics are wearing you down, or you are physically exhausted, or you actually have a biochemical-type depression. Just to be safe, please tell your doctor everything that you've shared here.

You may feel better just by talking about this frustration. You may figure out ways to surround yourself with supportive voices instead of people who don't understand. Or, if your depression is more serious, there may be a life-saving treatment for it.

Everyone's body is different, but a lot of people have experienced what you are experiencing. You're not alone, and what works for them may make your life easier too.