First Impressions..

MJHTMonayaSajan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Yeyy!! Finally we have a forum.

I have been dying to share my first impressions of the show:

Things I like:

1. Namik is in the show ❤️

2. I like the pace of the show..we are consistently getting ShivAni scenes and the story seems to be moving forward with every episode

Things I don't like/have my concerns about:

1. Typical mahaan female lead- Can ITV just get over this all sacrificing female lead typecasts..It was good when it was new but now can we just move on please? Our FML comes home at 2 am, wakes up at 5 to fill water, works as a driver, housecleaner, helps her dad, makes arrangements for her mom's bday parties only to be thrown out of the house, getting burnt, getting insulted and what not..this is some classic emotional and physical abuse and I hope and wish we don't show these things so casually on our television screens..

2. Typical angry young man- With typical FL, we also have a typical ML...the angry young man who is unreasonable beyond means but hey- thats ok- he has past trauma and is still good at heart...ok I know it..Geet, IPKKND, Ishaqbaaz and other countless shows have done this and done this well in the past

3. Plotholes- I don't know but I find the story to be a bit inconsistent. Like Dhooper family is super rich...has 10 servants but book UrbanClap for deep cleaning their house? There were a few more I noticed while watching the episodes but now forgot..and oh I will never forgive them for making Namik wear that lion costume on TV...things actors have to do lol..

Apart from that, one minor thing I felt is Namik is still not getting into his character..like in case of EDKV (one of my favorite shows), I could relate to him as Shravan from his first scene...here, I feel he is acting, especially when performing those shouting scenes...and he has lost too much weight yaar..its showing on his face...anyway...I hope he finds his rhythm soon..

Sorry, didnt mean this to be a venting post but these are really my first impressions...waiting for the story to unfold and the love story to start..which, I guess, will happen after 8-10 episodes so just hanging in there..

What are your thoughts?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

I quite agree with your review. Certain things that work for me. 

-The chemistry of the leads. Their scenes are so organic. There’s a spark just by their presence in the same frame. 

- The acting if leads- Namik has always been a great performer specially in emotional scenes. That’s why epi4 is my fav. Yes shouting scenes are coming out as bit robotic and superficial may be because he has started to work after a long while or also because that’s something he has to put an extra effort for that’s not his real nature. He will slowly settle I believe. Tanisha is very comfortable in the skin of the character since start. I like her confidence and her screen presence. Though she needs to work on her dialogue delivery 

-Shiv’s famkly is casted well. The back story is cliche but has many angles that can be used well. 

What doesn’t work-

-The scale of the show is v bad. KHKT/MHRW (Sandiip’s previous shows) and even EDKV (Namik’s show) had much much better production value. Better sets, better clothes and better lighting.

-The story is cliche but this time execution is also subpar. There is a need to write layered and impactful scenes. The writing seems lazy.

-Ishani’s family is too toxic. Too cinderalla type environment. And Ishani is again a damsel in distress. She is not career oriented or growth oriented. Just a people pleaser. 

I really hope Sandy works on the script and the screenplay. There is a big need to add more shades to Ishani’s character than she just being mahaan. 

MJHTMonayaSajan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: _symphony

I quite agree with your review. Certain things that work for me. 

-The chemistry of the leads. Their scenes are so organic. There’s a spark just by their presence in the same frame. 

YES!! 

- The acting if leads- Namik has always been a great performer specially in emotional scenes. That’s why epi4 is my fav. Yes shouting scenes are coming out as bit robotic and superficial may be because he has started to work after a long while or also because that’s something he has to put an extra effort for that’s not his real nature. He will slowly settle I believe. Tanisha is very comfortable in the skin of the character since start. I like her confidence and her screen presence. Though she needs to work on her dialogue delivery 

Yeah I am liking both Namik and Tanisha now!! I just wish they tone down Ishani's make up a bit..I like her sis, Pooja's look more..

-Shiv’s famkly is casted well. The back story is cliche but has many angles that can be used well. 

What doesn’t work-

-The scale of the show is v bad. KHKT/MHRW (Sandiip’s previous shows) and even EDKV (Namik’s show) had much much better production value. Better sets, better clothes and better lighting.

Better Lighting!! Entire Ep 12-13 with night scenes were soo bad in terms of background and lighting and I think they probably also had some vfx/digital editing done for the background..

-The story is cliche but this time execution is also subpar. There is a need to write layered and impactful scenes. The writing seems lazy.

True!! I am even ok with cliche story if the execution is fresh and good. Eg. Hero saving heroine from goons/ppl trying to luto her ijjat is as cliche as it can get..but the execution was done so well here..the harrasers were not the usual direct chedo-ing types..Shiv didn't immediately start fighting..the whole Shiv refusing to help Ishani get up, Ishani trying to hit the goons but ending up hitting Shiv..I loved that as it was something fresh..I hope they bring in more such fresh scenes instead of the same old damsel in distress vibes..

-Ishani’s family is too toxic. Too cinderalla type environment. And Ishani is again a damsel in distress. She is not career oriented or growth oriented. Just a people pleaser. 

I really hope Sandy works on the script and the screenplay. There is a big need to add more shades to Ishani’s character than she just being mahaan.