Who are you rooting for?

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

I’m rooting for the two Sindhi contestants - Deepa Chauhan and Sachin Khatwani. Other than them I’d really like Santa Sarmah to do well.

I was so happy to see everyday Sindhi food on national tv - most people haven’t even heard of Sindhi food or even if they have, they haven’t tried it because it’s not popular. It’s just heart warming to see Sindhi food on Masterchef.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

I felt Priyanka didn't deserve the apron (maybe judging her too early here perhaps) because she made 2 desserts in audition & MC kitchen round. 

I like Aruna, Santha, Avinash, and Deepa so far. Though Baa is cute & nice smile, I feel she might be eliminated early onwards due to diversifying & recreating older dishes though I would love to be proven wrong.  

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: KabutarHoled20

I felt Priyanka didn't deserve the apron (maybe judging her too early here perhaps) because she made 2 desserts in audition & MC kitchen round. 

I like Aruna, Santha, Avinash, and Deepa so far. Though Baa is cute & nice smile, I feel she might be eliminated early onwards due to diversifying & recreating older dishes though I would love to be proven wrong.  

Baa is around for TRP. I have no doubt that she may be a good cook, but she can’t compete with the youngsters in terms of variety, innovation and presentation.

They’ll keep her for 3/4 weeks maximum and then eliminate her

Raina101 thumbnail

Repeat post

Edited by Raina101 - 1 years ago
Andakadipatta thumbnail

Santa Sharma, Deepa Chauhan and Avinash Patnaik 

Andakadipatta thumbnail
Originally posted by: KabutarHoled20

In MasterChef they usually give preference more to dessert chefs since it's a more skilled profession than normal cooking, especially in a time based competition, it takes a lot of knowledge of technique for dessert chefs to calculate and complete the dish in an hour. That's why even in MCA you would see a lot of pastry chefs selected over normal chefs.

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MommaMomma

In MasterChef they usually give preference more to dessert chefs since it's a more skilled profession than normal cooking, especially in a time based competition, it takes a lot of knowledge of technique for dessert chefs to calculate and complete the dish in an hour. That's why even in MCA you would see a lot of pastry chefs selected over normal chefs.

I don't mind preference, but I wish she cooks something along the lines the savory since she is a cake artist/baking artist thereby playing safe in her comfort zone which is deserts. Sure, not denying that it takes time to acquire mastery of dessert, that too within an hour. However, I wished they showcase her trying along the lines of savory in upcoming episodes. I felt there were more deserving contestants in comparison to her tbh. S5 of MC-India was completely based on desserts which is why there was criticism over that season being full of desserts and less of savory.  

Deltablues thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I am rooting for Nazia, Deepa, Shanta, the Punjabi lady, and  Avinash.

Deltablues thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Raina101

Baa is around for TRP. I have no doubt that she may be a good cook, but she can’t compete with the youngsters in terms of variety, innovation and presentation.

They’ll keep her for 3/4 weeks maximum and then eliminate her

I am sorry but I have to disagree here. Lot of our own cuisines are immensely technical and all food is innovative. Aruna's and Shanta's entire game revolves around reviving and playing around with lost recipes. Avinash made pitha and flavoured it with pandan which is common in Orissa. It's a very technical dish to master.

I think we need to stop focusing on western cooking methods as the be-all and end-all of innovation. I mean I have seen brown contestants on MCA pass off gazar ka halwa and panta bhaat as invention test dishes and honestly food shouldn't be so gentrified.

I am sure you're right about her being a TRP grab but really fine-dining needs to stop being so gentrified.

bhshre95 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

I am kind of rooting for baa😆❤️ I just find her very adorable ❤️ 

Probably because I am more inclined towards traditional and authentic Indian dishes. Bohot kam dekhne ko milta hai Masterchef mein😆 I feel the show focusses too much on innovation and presentation. I know this is a competition so they need to bring some criteria but Sometimes things feel too technical.