Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: tania.ganguly

[harmful.
Now , the possessiveness on the persons who are our partners not business partners ofcourse,life partners.This is really amazing.I find it quite interesting to observe this.The magnitude of possessiveness increases with the increase in the bond with the other person in the case of life partner issue.I really don't know if its harmful but I feel Possessiveness is a synonym for strength in the bond when it comes to life partners.I feel possessive people make good and responsible partners.How so?Could you elaborate?

No personal experience much on this issueπŸ˜†!!!But I observed it a lot.Most of matured , intelligent ,good people I saw are POSSESIVE about their partners.It is displayed ocassionally!!

If possessiveness so good,why people make an issue of it.

Is Possessiveness a positive quality?

When you do not possess anything when you come to this world, and leave the same way, how does possessiveness matter?

Oh! This is "Hritik Roshan's Philosophy"πŸ˜†.Verymuch true but not practical always😊

Is Possessiveness the binding factor for any relation?

We choose to stay in a relationship. Being possessive about it limits our choice.

Does'nt limit but strengthens the relation😳

Is Possessiveness "litmus test " for the strength of any relation?

Hardly. If possessiveness is the thing that keeps you in a relationship, you better kiss it goodbye.

Is it possible to say so!!!

What's the limit for Possessivness?

No limits if you are possessive

It does have limits!!Our possesiveness should'nt hurt third party

Is possessivness a trait of some gender,nation or age group???

Its a trait in possessive people all over the world.

wellsaid😊

Do you agree with the words "Perisistant people are possessive"?

I would say the opposite "Possessive people are persistant" but the vice versa might not be true.

True and I agree

Cheers,

Mythili

Good introspective post , MythiliπŸ‘

Tania

[/QUOTE]

Tania ji! Nice to have you in DM.Welcome to DM

IdeaQueen thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

Is Possessiveness a positive quality?
As with many other qualities, yes possessiveness is a positive quality within limits.   Limit are ofcourse relative, but to give an example, it is ridiculous for the spouse to be overly possessive of his wife and not allow he to mix with other men.  That is so wrong, because it reflects lack of trust, more than possessiveness.

Is Possessiveness the binding factor for any relation?
Initially, perhaps, but once the relation evolves and gets stability, possessiveness if not what binds people.  It is the feeling of love and understanding.

Is Possessiveness "litmus test " for the strength of any relation?
No, because some people are just not so possessive by nature. That doesn't mean they don't love the other person.

What's the limit for Possessivness?
Cool said it very well..  πŸ‘πŸ‘  Possessiveness has crossed over to the dark side when
1. you actually lack trust in your partner and
2. you feel inferior in some way

Is possessivness a trait of some gender,nation or age group???
Not at all.

Do you agree with the words "Perisistant people are possessive"?
Not the least!!  My husband is the most possessive (in a good way πŸ˜³)  and LEAST persistent person I know. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

thanks myth, nice post.
Subha di
[/QUOTE]

I learnt somany things from your post.😊

IdeaQueen thumbnail

awww..  Possessive people don't force their partners to stay with them.  It is just that they get a little jealous when the partner is appreciated or flirted with by other people.  Then the possessive people get in action and do the needful, by showing the crowd who belongs to who.  WITHIN LIMITS, it is quite
sweet actually! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†   Chances are that partners of such people will be still around when set free. 

Subha Di!! You said my views perfectlyπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

If you love someone set them free. Especially with our children once they get to be certain age learn to let them fly-free, they will come right back to you for more love.  Trust me I know what I am talking abt. 😳 πŸ˜ƒ

Can I PM you my Mother in law's address?  You can help me out .. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: kabhi_21

I think the people always mix love with possessiveness..... Its just the human nature or I would say a Human err.......

Rather than life partners I would take all the kinds of possessiveness...... It is like binding the relationship and not giving any space for any other relationship, that is when it becomes harmful.....

Possessiveness is a good trait as long as it does not hurt the person you are posseessive about or any other third party..... I have seen here on IF some people hurting others because of their possessiveness for virtual relations..... and taking it far so that they destroy their relation with the third party.....

It can be destructive and unrepairable

cheers
Abhi πŸ˜ƒ

interesting point here. I liked what you said Abhi K and nice picture there in avi.. πŸ˜ƒ. 

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Would love to.  Sure just Ship her over to me and let me tell her some sweet nothing into her ears or should I say "Enlighten" her .πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜›

Edited by Dabulls23 - 17 years ago
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

I know, however much you want your mother-in-law to be set free it cant be done... it can be a crime.....

πŸ˜†

lighthouse thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

Would love to.  Sure just Ship her over to me and let me tell her some sweet nothing into her ears or should I say "Enlighten" her .πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜›

And she will say , wait till you have your own children QT ... πŸ˜† 

anything beyond limits is not good too much love also for anything is harmful so every thing sld be in proportion.being possessive abt things is good but it sld not go beyond limits
Star_on_earth thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: mythili_Kiran

Hi Star on Earth ji ! Welcome to Debate Mansion !! So you don't agree that Possesiveness is a positive quality at all.

thanx mythili...for the welcome!! u can call me "star"

btw nice topic yaar...i jus wrote wat i feel....maybe u dont agree wid me...