How YRKKH has gone downhill... Missing the OG

Posted: 1 years ago

This once and for all proves that the OG Akshara and Naitik were ✨THE BEST✨ jodi of yrkkh. They were the only couple who has stuck together with each other in Every. Single. Leap.

- Naitik went into a coma and Akshara stayed to fulfill the duties of a wife and daughter-in-law (and did so beautifully). ALSO, when Naitik went into a coma, Akshara started blaming herself for it but her mother-in-law (Gayatri) stopped her. She literally said she was proud of her son that he saved his wife over himself. Take notes Manjiri, Mahima, and Swarna! That's what a loving mother-in-law looks like. 

- Later, Akshara was blamed for Daddaji's death (like all the FLs of the show) but the difference here is that Naitik was by her side as a pillar of support. Plus, Akshara actually confronted Bhabhimaa and showed her the mirror for her unfounded accusations. And then Bhabhimaa repented and asked for forgiveness so wholeheartedly. That's the only reason why she remained such a beloved side character despite her shenanigans. 

- Even when Naira ran away and Naitik-Akshara's marriage started crumbling, they still stayed together and overcame it together.

Compare that to Kartik-Naira and Abhimanyu-Akshara. They have such a weak relationship and unfounded marriage that they've all broken up at every single leap. Naira was blamed for Shubham's death and Kartik didn't trust her. Akshu was blamed for Anisha's death (and now Neil's death) and Abhi didn't trust her. 

Even the side couples of the OG yrkkh were better than these two. Shaurya-Varsha overcame his infidelity. Mohit-Nandini stayed together throughout her issues with disability and infertility. Mohit even supported his wife against his evil mother (Rukmini). Even the minor couples like Anshu-Jasmeet, Rashmi-Sameer, and Muskaan-Alok were so much more wholesome. 

How I miss the old days.....

That is why that season ran for 7 years, was in top 2 shows across all channels for 4 years, and top 5 for seven years. Karan-Hina were commendable as Naitik-Akshara. The characters were beautifully written. 

I hope the show end soon . It high time 😂😂😂!

We are forgetting what the usp of the show was at first. Actor who played Naitik wasn’t some superstar actor with hot sexy looks, in fact he was chubby looking with average looks and acting. I would rank jai soni higher than Karan Mehra. How quickly people are jumping to accuse jai soni character as boring because he is mr goody too shoes, huhhhhh if I remember naitik himself was a boring person.
But what worked was naitik akshara as a team along with their families, that is what makes a great show, also OG show was not a romance show was a family show. Now over the years the focus is only on the romance the peripheral characters are irrelevant with no personality if they have any character it is to be bad for bad sakes. If the OG was only focused on akshara naitik the show would never have worked. That is the problem now the show as lost its identity. 

I feel the makers showed gen 1 as sensible and gen 2 and gen 3 as new generations who are not adjusting who are casual about divorce and break up than trying to fix the relationship. 

Naitik akshara belongs to that gen in which my parents belong to who try their best to save their relationship irrespective of how difficult it is.

Kaira and abhira belongs to new generation who are so casual about hook ups and break ups  where as manjari and harsh was like old gen  😆 like with generation even writers mentality have been gone to bad to worst  instead of teaching new generation try your best if you can unless its a abusive marriage yrrkh is teaching it's okay to take a break run away from your home than doing tu tu main main at home 😆 tbh i am not getting feeling that abhira are married. It looks more like abhi and akshu were in a live in relationship and abhi denied to take responsibility of kid and akshu which is really bad message to society. 

If they really wanted to stay up to date story ko karthe but instead they chose to stay up to date with balaji shows.

When the producer himself is proclaiming that the theme is about how couples are in ove with the idea of being in love then they are on the right path.

OG Naksh was all about family dynamics. The writers are not willing to shift because the show's existence depends on SP's condition of copying Ichche Node.

The focus is somehow only on 3 characters and that Manjulika.

Obviously show has gone for a toss.

Completely agree  ...supporting characters don't have a track of their own , they r not imp anymore , rishtas all frivolous.. sab acha toh dance , kuch bura toh divorce   ..sp wants yrkkh to copy IN ..all of their shows r copying regional shows ..

As a couple what did we see of abhira ? Next to nothing . At least during kaira times focus was on kaira...in s3 focus is on breaking up abhira , and it's all about the vamps. 

OG YRKKH days were golden. It showed the process of a couple falling in love during an arranged marriage. Their families were their biggest strengths.

In the beginning, Akshara and Naitik also had a big fight bu their families stepped in between to stop it from escalating to the point of divorce. Even during fights Akshara and Naitik were respectful of each other's families. I remember during their fight Naitik visited the Maheshwaris and Shaurya gave him an earful but he didn't snitch about it back home. Through all the leaps Akshara and Naitik stood by each other. The best example was the Cape Town leap.

As @Gundamwing mentioned Karan Mehra wasn't the tall dark and handsome type. And that exactly was the point. To show a regular couple falling in love. It took them some time but afterward, they were inseparable. During Naksh's childhood track, Akshara and Naitik had a rough patch and one of Naitik's friend got divorced. But the moment he heard of his friend's divorce he panicked thinking that this can't happen with him and Akshara. They were not jumping the gun like Kaira or Abhira to get divorced.

All the characters in the OG version had such nice growth. The best examples are Daddaji and Gayatri. Daddaji used to be so strict and conservative but Akshara transitioned so beautifully from his bahu to beti. Gayatri was so insufferable at times but she also accepted Akshara with her whole heart over time. She never held Akshara responsible for Naitik being in a coma. 

And the best part about the OG version was that it focused on the side characters also. Be it Nandini's disability, her and Mohit's love story, her not being able to conceive, her postpartum depression, Shaurya and Varsha's love story, their difference in parenting, Shaurya and Naitik's partnership and fallout, Rajshri and Gayatri's English classes, strain in Akshara's aunt and uncle relation, Anshu's teenage years and so many more. But Kaira and Abhira generations are only about the main couple. I remember when Dadi scolded Naira for being overdressed than the bride Keerti on her engagement day 😆

Last, I used to be (still think I am) a Harshad Chopra fan but even that is not enough to make me watch YRKKH. He used to emote so well in his previous shows. I have been watching him since KDMHMD days, followed him through Tere Liye, Ambar Dhara, and absolutely loved him in Bepannaah. His chemistry with Jennifer remains unmatchable for me. But why is he always screaming as Abhimanyu? It hurts my ears 

Hope this show ends now because we have taken lots of patience and given lots of headache and stress... Now enough is enough.

Originally posted by kendra

and absolutely loved him in Bepannaah. His chemistry with Jennifer remains unmatchable for me. But why is he always screaming as Abhimanyu? It hurts my ears 

HC was so so good in Bepanah as Aditya. Even now when I rewatch some scenes he just aces the performance. And his chemistry with Jen was 🔥. It was effortless. AdiYa were flawed characters yet I loved them separately and together.

I am a long time viewer of YRKKH. Stopped watching after Sirat 🤢 entry. But when HC was joining I was excited. I thought I’d love Abhi but that went downhill so fast.