MoRan - Sunshine and Paper hearts

Kriya00004 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Hey Guys, I am Kriya, I posted this story on other app.. thought to share it here well..

Later, I finally learnt how to love. Unfortunately, you were long gone and disappeared into the sea of people.

Seeing him again, was seven years later in a crowded supermarket, packed with weekend shoppers.
Monami Mahajan was pushing a shopping cart alone and struggling to navigate in the crowd. She had just returned from abroad, so she was still not quite accustomed to such a crowd. However, such a vibrant and friendly scene made her unconsciously smile, virtually using a grateful mood to listen to the noisy local accent. She did not know whether other people who have just returned from aboard were like her? Excited, nervous.
Seven years! Such a long time!
However, how come she had just returned from abroad but already met him? No, to be precise, it should be them.

Monami silently looked at the pair of shadows standing in front of the vegetable stand, once again feeling a strange twist of fate. Seven years ago, it was them who made her decide to leave.

Now they were here to buy things together so ultimately they were also together! Fortunately, she ran away fast ah, otherwise she would probably hurt deeper.

Karan Shergill and Sakshi Shergill, she was so silly, why did she think having similar names were surely brother and sister ah?

"We are absolutely not brother and sister. Pehle humari family ache neighbours the.. aur hum logo ka surname same tha.. Shergill. Later, Karan's father and mother had an accident so our family adopted Karan." (no hate for Sakshi.. guys)

"20 saal se jante hum ek doosre ko.. 20 saal.. 20 saal se saath hai hum.. You think you can compete and win over the two decades of deep affection between Karan and me?"

"Today, I want to tell you, I love Karan. I do not want to secretly love him. I want to compete openly with you."

That year when she was nineteen years old, the day before Monami's birthday, her good friend Sakshi, who had always been quiet and introverted, suddenly courageously made this declaration to her. Sakshi, jo hamesha gentle thi.. non- competitive thi... would say something like that, she must have been extremely in love with Karan.

But what could she have used to compete with her? On the same day that Sakshi declared war, she had already lost. Then, she fled to the United States for seven years.
Karan - unexpectedly she recalled his ice-cold eyes on that day and heartless words. There was a trace of light throbbing pain in Monami's heart, almost impossible to sense, nevertheless it was there.

They were walking towards her direction. The joints of Monami's fingers that were gripping the cart began to turn white, and she almost wanted to turn around immediately.

However, the supermarket was just too crowded so she, who was pushing a shopping cart, simply could not turn around. In the next moment, she thought 'why should she run away?' She should calmly say to them: "Hi, long time no see" then stroll away in an elegant and natural demeanor, leaving behind a beautiful silhouette.
Moreover, they probably could not recognize her. She had changed a lot, the flowing long hair of yesteryear had already become neat and short, and her previously fair skin had become tanned under the California sunshine. Wearing a loose t-shirt, jeans and sports shoes, she looked very different from the past.

They slowly step by step were getting closer, then ......brushed past her.
Not without heartache.

It seemed like someone spoke.

"Do you want to buy some milk?" Sakshi said in a soft voice.

"......"

She did not hear the reply clearly. She really missed Karan's deep and low voice. All these years in a foreign country, she could still hear it often and everywhere echoed in her ears.

Feeling a sense of loss, yet also with a sigh of relief, Monami lifted her downcast head and strode forward.

A "Bang" sound could be heard as the shopping cart hit a pile of discounted soaps shaped like a hill on the ground.

The culprit Monami innocently looked at hundreds of pieces of soap falling down as the scene was quite spectacular.

Uh, can she pretend she did not do anything.

"Oh My God! This is already the third time today." The person who manages the stock in the supermarket appeared out of the blue and complained in a groan.

Thus, she should not be blamed for this right, as where people put goods in the middle of the path. Monami quietly complained and tried hard to look regretful.

The movement here attracted the attention of the people around them, including Sakshi. She inadvertently looked to that particularly noisy place, then dumbfounded--it is her, it is actually her, Sakshi almost could not believe her eyes. She has come back?

"Sakshi?" Karan was puzzled by her reaction, asked out loud and followed her line of vision.

The tall and lofty body momentarily stiffened.

Monami Mahajan!

That innocent looking small woman who had her head drooping like a guilty child is exactly Monami! Her face looked one hundred percent apologetic, but her eyes without doubt sparked with a mischievous smiling expression. Being far away, in fact, he could not truly see her face, but Karan knew it was her. He has always known she has always been like this, with a habit to disrupt a pond of water then leave without taking any responsibility, willful, selfish and hateful.

Exactly seven years ......she still knew the way home.

Karan dropped his eyes. "Sakshi, let's go!"

Sakshi was surprised to see a calm Karan. "Don't you want to say hello? Maybe ......"

"Woh meri life ka hissa bahut waqt se nahi hai.." His tone was empty, as if it was really nothing.

Sakshi looked at his expression carefully but could not find any clues. Finally, she had no alternative but to give a sigh. "Come on!"

When she had her last glance at Monami, she found that she also just happened to move her head and saw her, their line of vision collided in the air. Monami seemed stunned for a moment, then a faint smile emerged on her face and she greeted her by nodding her head.

Sakshi hurriedly turned around and called: "Karan ......"

"Yes?"

"Woh ......" Sakshi was shocked until coming to a halt. When she once again looked back at the moving crowd, she could no longer see her figure.

"kya?"

"Nahi.. kuch nahi.." Sakshi lowered her head. But she clearly saw them, yet why did she so easily go away like that? Whereas Karan also clearly saw her ......

Monami did not expect to return here one day.

During the interview, the editor-in-chief asked her: "Miss Mahajan, why did you choose to work in this City?"

Suddenly, Monami did not know how to answer. Why haan? Because she studied for more than a year in a university here? Because she met him here? Because she suffered some hardships here?

At the beginning, she also did not know. Before coming back, the first place she thought of was here. Until she met him that day, she only came to understand that she wanted to see him. Although he no longer belonged to her, she just wanted to see him.
It was only to see him.

"Probably because I cannot go home." Monami said. The editor-in-chief looked at her strangely for a long time and hired her as a photojournalist for a certain woman's magazine.

However, the editor-in-chief's excessive attention to her work experience in a magazine publisher abroad made her uneasy.

"It is just a little magazine publisher." Monami said to the editor-in-chief.

"Hey! Monami." The female editor-in-chief who was in her forties affectionately called her name. "Are you praising my knowledge? That I even know so well about an unremarkable small magazine publisher in the US."

Monami started to laugh, and her anxiety disappeared.

The editor-in-chief said sternly:
"Monami, mujhe pta hai.. difficulties jo hume Foreign land me face karni padti hai.. though not much but as a young alone lady there are difficulties.. and in this field.. more than others.."

Like this, she settled down. She still went to that supermarket to shop but has never encountered them again. Until one time, the security guard in the supermarket stopped her.
"Madam, kya aap mujhe security room me follow krengi.."

Monami looked distracted and intuitively felt this could not be good. There were too many incidents regarding security guards in supermarkets forcefully conducting body searches and even beat up people being reported in the newspapers.

Monami stared at him cautiously so the security guard helplessly said: "Madam, hum aapko koi Hani nahi pahunchana chahate. Hume bas yeh jaan na tha ki kya kuch mahino pehle aapne kuch khoyi toh nahi thi ... Yahan pr.."

She had just returned to the country a month ago so could it be that she lost something but did not know? Out of curiosity, she went with him to the security room. The security guard handed her a black wallet.

Monami did not need to look inside to know it was not hers so she smilingly shook her head and said:. " mujhe lgta hai.. aapse galti hui h.. yeh mera nahi h.."

The security guard was unexpectedly stubborn. "Aap ek baar isse khol kar dekhiye.."

She took it and opened it. Then, she saw her own photograph.

The security guard said with satisfaction: "Madam.. dekhiye, yeh aapki hi photo h na.. haan abhi se thodi alag h par yeh aap hi toh h.."

The difference was really big because that photo was taken when she had just entered university. Her hair was still long and tied into a ponytail, and her smile looked silly.

How could it appear in an unfamiliar wallet?

Monami gave the wallet back to the security guard. "Par yeh sach mera nahi hain.."

The security guard was stubborn.
"par iss photo me aap hi h na?"

"haan main hi hoon.. par uncle yeh wallet mera nahi hain.."

"Toh yeh pakka se uska hoga jo aapko janta ho.. kya pata ho sakta h Madam jiska yeh purse hai.. usse aap pasand ho.."

And here comes our Indian people's vivid imagination?

"Par ......"

"Yeh aap rakhiye.. waise bhi abhi kisi ne isko wapas lene koi nahi aaya..hum bhi nahi jante ab iska kya kare.. agr upr ho humare sir h unhe Mila toh woh kabz kar lenge... Aur waise bhi jiska bhi h woh aapko toh janta h.. kya pata bhagwan ne hume aapka kya kehte h English me haan.. ku.kupidh.. bnaya h"

With such imagination, this uncle can became a romantic writer.

A month ago was also about the same time she ran into Karan and Sakshi. Could it be that he lost it? With this laughable speculation, Monami took the wallet home.

At night after bathing, she carefully studied the wallet in bed. With a simple design, luxury brand and little cash, it was not possible to determine the identity of the owner.

Monami carefully took out the photo.

There were traces of steel mark on it so it must have been torn from a document. When she inadvertently turned it over, she was suddenly startled by the words behind the photo! She could never forget that elegant and sharp handwriting.

It was Karan's handwriting, written in black fountain pen --

my sunshine..

The complex urban life could also be lived in a very simple way. Only work, eat, drink and sleep, nothing else. After a hectic period of adaptation, the following days became just numbing repetition.

"Monami ah, humne aapko sab jagah dhundha."

Monami had just entered the magazine publisher office and heard someone shouting from a distance.

"Premji, kya hua hai.. aap mujhe kyon dhoond rahe the"

Prem ji was actually the magazine publisher's other photojournalist. He was though young but older than them. So everyone called him with added 'ji'. He was also really good at coaxing celebrities so he was responsible for the magazine's cover shots.

"My wife is about to give birth. Can you help me take care of the photography session with supermodel Sana tomorrow?"

Sana? Monami found it a little difficult. "I don't have any problem, but I heard Chitra's temperament is weird. If you are not an acquaintance, she would probably not co-operate."

Prem ji also thought of this and said:
"Well, you go and try first. If you really cannot, then call me."

The next day when Monami met the cool, elegant, glamorous and impressive Sana, she was completely stunned. She was not familiar with the celebrities in the country and had never seen the photos of Sana before so she did not know she was actually...... Actually, she looked so much like a good friend in her university days.

However, her friend was such a simple and clumsy country girl, but the person in front of her had her long legs crossed and her smoking gesture was so skillful and seductive......

Monami did not dare to acknowledge her. Maybe they just looked alike.
However, supermodel Sana squinted at Monami, then walked elegantly over and stopped in front of her.

"Hey, you do not recognise me?"

"...... Sanjana?"

"Ah!" She chuckled sarcastically. "If it is not me then who could it be?"

"Monami, you and Sana know each other? Yeh toh bahut achhi ." The colleague who came together with her chimed in excitedly.

"When I was a first year university student, she slept in the upper bed, I was in the lower bed."

"In university, bunk bed-mates are the closest friends." Sanjana's agent also joined in the conversation.

"Am I supposed to be photographed? Quickly shoot la!" Sanjana impatiently said.

She had really changed a lot! While taking photos, Monami also thought the person under the lens was no longer the cute and clumsy Sanjana. Then who could she be?

Perhaps nobody.

A good photographer can capture the souls of the people under the lens. However, Monami could not capture Sanjana's soul. Maybe her skill was lacking or the person under the lens did not have one.

Samjana felt very empty! A kind of emptiness which made people powerless and desperate. Perhaps it was this kind of emptiness that propelled her to rise rapidly in popularity.

After shooting a session, Sanjana waved her hand. "We will stop here for today."

"But Sana, there is more ......" Her agent eagerly said.

"Stop here."

So till the next part

Bye-bye

Your writer
Kriya

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kriya00004 thumbnail

Part 2

After shooting a session, Sanjana waved her hand. “We will stop here for today la.”

But Sana, there is more ……” Her agent eagerly said.

Stop here.” Sanjana said firmly, then turned to speak to Monami, “We will go for a cup of coffee.”

Itne saalo baad, itna long awaited reunion, jana toh drink k liye chahiye, but unfortunately recently, there is something wrong with my stomach so there is no choice but to drink coffee.”

Uh, a cup of coffee is good, or you should drink milk.” Monami did not know what to say. There are too many things she wanted to ask but did not know where to begin.

Health is very important so dieting should be done in moderation.” Monami tried to find a neutral topic.

Main diet nahi karti hoon.." Sanjana smiled faintly. “I’m an alcoholic.”

Sanju!” Monami was shocked by her friend’s mistreatment of her own body. She anxiously reached out to take her hand. Why did Sanjana become like this?

Sanjana reflexively pushed away the hand, Monami was stunned, the atmosphere turned awkward and quiet.

Tum kaafi badal gayi ho..You’ve changed a lot.” After awhile, Monami said softly.

Yes, do you still remember my crush when we in first year of college?” Sanjana spoke of her own story coldly. “One day, I told him I liked him, he accepted, but he did not love me. After that, Sanjana died, I am now Sana.”

Sanjana’s words were like carvings into the heart. Monami felt distressed and was not able to ask anything else.

After a while, Sanjana coldly mocked: “Par tum nahi badli... Abhi bhi waisi hi hypocrite ho.. displaying insincere affection. Tumhara wapas yahan aane ka mann kaise kia from the glittering  United States ah?”

Her words somewhat hurt Monami but thinking about it, after all, she was in the wrong first. That year, she left without a word and did not keep in touch for seven years so she was the one who did not value their friendship. “At that time, I left in a hurry ……”

You do not need to say that to me.” Sana interrupted her. “You should say those words to Karan.”

Karan? How come he is mentioned? Monami remembered that day he and Sakshi behaving like a couple at the supermarket: “I think he does not care ……”

Does not care? Do you think everyone is like you, so unfeeling and heartless?” Sanjana’s voice became agitated, “The first few days jab tum kahi nahi dikhi.. woh pagalo ki tarah tumhe yahan wahan dhoondhta raha.. that guy..he nearly went crazy.  Phir jab nahi mili.. toh aakhir me woh roj hostel k neeche aake khada ho jata tha . Warden dekh na le.. iss reason se chhup kr tumhari ek jhalak ka intezar karta tha? But kya mila usse aakhir me..."  Sanjana’s eyes coldly accused her. “A few people came and took all your stuff away. Then, they told him and us that you have gone to the United States and may never come back.”

Monami, you were really cruel.” Sanjana paused and said, “Main woh waqt kabhi nahi bhool sakti uss waqt Jis tarah Karan dikh raha tha... he looked like a person falling off a cliff, his face dark and empty, extremely despair until people could not bear to see. He is such a proud person but to actually look like that  ……”

Monami listened until she was muddleheaded. Did that really happen?

Maybe he felt guilty ……”

Monami Mahajan, jisne uski aisi haalat Kari jo chhodkar US gayi woh tum thi.. so the one feeling guilty should be you.”

Sanjana, tum samjhti nahi ho.."

I have eyes to see.”

Monami stopped talking. Everyone thinks that she was the one who abandoned him. That’s clearly not true!

Definitely, he was the one who said …… he said he did not want to see her again. He said he would rather he has never known her. He asked her to go the farther the better ……

Definitely, it was him!

After saying goodbye to Sanjana, Monami walked in the streets in early summer, Sanjana’s words still rang in her ears.

He has always been single …… Sakshi.. Shergill?  Woh toh uski bhn hai na.."

They surprisingly did not get together? Then why did she leave during that time?

Then, why did he say those words?

She spread out her palm, a piece of paper with the address of ‘S&S Law Firm’ laid in her palm.

Sanjana said: “Maybe you need this.”

She did not specifically come here, but she was just passing by. Before she knew it, she was already standing in ‘S&S Law Firm‘.

The receptionist smiled apologetically: “Lawyer Shergill is not in the firm. Do you have an appointment?”

Monami was not clear if she felt disappointed or relieved. “No.”

Do you have anything important? I can help you to convey to him or ……” The receptionist looked at the clock on the wall, “You can wait as Lawyer Shergill should be back soon.”

Oh, no need, I will come again.” Monami walked away then turned back. “This is Lawyer Shergill’s wallet. Please help me to return it to him, thank you.”

An outcome not so bad!

As the fate was shallow, no wonder the love was not deep.

“Monami, ek baat btao.. tumhe India me kaam karne me aur abroad me kaam karne me kya difference nazar aaya..?" It was nearly time to go home so the workers had no motivation to work, while chatting a colleague suddenly asked this.

Uh.” Monami looked around and saw the boss was not in, “Wahan par logo ki salary jyada hoti hain.."

haan yeh toh hain..par kab humari kismat aisi ho ki hame wahan jaane ko mila?" The colleagues said..

"Kabhi jo sochte acha h woh itna acha nahi hota.." Monami whispered when she remembered her initial days in abroad.

kya hua.. Did you experience any discrimination there?”

well not much... but kahi kahi misconception hain

“There was the time..  Once in front of all of my colleagues, my former boss said that India is not hospitable.. they are always only in their own... Jab yeh suna toh bahut gussa aaya and so I immediately pointed at the old man’s nose and said "jaante kyon India ke baare me Agar hum hospitable nahi hote then European countries ko 200 saal tak kya ek din bhi na rehne dete aur sirf apne logo k sath toh baat kro hi na.. ab humari galti nahi hai that humari India me itne different cultures h..and hume woh saare achhe lagte h.. Jo aapki country me cultures h woh humari country me bhi h and jo nahi h woh bhi h.. toh hum phr doosro kyon dekhe.."

That’s how to do it! How fierce!” The colleagues kept clapping their hands, praising her continuously and then together asked her: “Later, what excuse was used to fire you?

“……” Monami did not know whether to laugh or cry, “why should talk about that unpleasant days.."

"Tell us.."

"I was so frustrated one time that maine usse Hindi me jor se chilla kar gaaliyan de di.."
"And my bad luck there was one more Indian who was also that boss pet and he told him what I said.."

"What did u say? " One of colleague asked in curiously..

"He was bald but he didn't like people calling him bald.. So maine jor se chilaya "oyee Takle.."

Ack!” A colleague laughed so hard and spit out tea. "Sachi.."

"Of course not.. I myself resigned.." bas wapas desh aana tha..

In the midst of loud laughter, someone called out: “Monami, someone is looking for you.”

Monami turned around, and Chitra  also known as——hash tag girl and a busybody, walked over. “In the #reception room, there is #someone very #handsome, very #cool and very #masculine.  He obviously looks like a $young and #talented urban elite with a #successful professional career. #Monami,  tum abhi abroad aayi ho aur itni jaldi #itne achhe ladke se #kaisi mili.."

If Chitra’s words can be believed, pigs can also fly in the sky. Usually, her words should be taken at less than their value, no, more like half of their value.

Monami was very curious, she had just returned home without hardly meeting anyone, who would look for her?

She never thought it would be him!

The handsome man standing in front of the floor-to-ceiling windows in the reception room with his back to her turned out to be Karan. When he heard the door open, he turned around, looked at her with cold eyes, completely indifferent and without any emotions.

Finally, Chitra did not exaggerate. Indeed, he was extraordinarily handsome and impressive looking. His tailored and body fitting suit accentuated his tall and straight figure. He looked just like before, full of confident, calm and collected, but also with something like aloofness that made people uncomfortable.

She was left totally speechless.

In contrast, he looked cool and calm, nodded his head to greet her. “Miss Mahajan.”

Miss Mahajan?

Monami really wanted to smile, but it was just too difficult. “kar …… Mr.”

Gesturing to a chair, Monami said: “Please sit down.”

She took out the tea leaves and looked down to conceal her expression. She was unable to look indifferent like him so she can only hide her stirred up emotions. “What do you want to drink?”

Thank you, no need.” His eyes were cold. “Mujhe bas kuch kehna hai.. After that, I will leave immediately.”

Oh,  you came to see me ……tumhe kaise pata main yahan par hoon?" 

He paused for five seconds before speaking. “It is Sanjana, I am her lawyer.”

“What is the matter ah?”

His tone of voice appeared to be chilly. “Miss Mahajan3 din phle aap mere law firm aayi thi.. and kaha tha you would come back later.. lekin aap nahi aayi.. so I have no choice but to personally come here to pay you a visit.”

Monami was surprised, raised her head and met his luminous eyes. “Tumhe kaise pta” She did not leave her name so how did he know she was the one who returned his wallet?

Miss Mahajan, I can reason like any normal person.” He said mockingly.

Probably those who are lawyers also have this kind of  ‘ability to reason like a normal person.’ Monami stared at a wall. “Main wahan sirf tumhara wallet lautane gayi thi.. aur jab tumhe woh already mil gaya toh tumhe yahan ki bewajah trip karne ki jarurat nahi thi.."

Karan‘s eyes flashed. “Wallet lautane ke alawa koi aur koi reason nahi tha tumhara wahan aane ka? "

What other matter? Monami was in a daze. “Nahi iske alawa aur koi reason nahi tha "

Very good.” There seemed to be a trace of disappointment in his eyes. He walked and stood in front of her. “Par mera yahan aane ka ek reason hai.."

He took out the black wallet and put it in front of her. “Inside the wallet, it was supposed to have a photo. Miss Mahajan, do you know anything about that?”

Silence

Of course. Monami lowered her head. “Really? Maine dhekha nahi"

Oh? The inside of the wallet had nothing but money. Thus, how did Miss Mahajan know it was my wallet?”

Monami was dumbstruck and unable to reply. She almost forgot he is a lawyer, someone good at spotting all the loopholes in other people’s words. Want to deceive him, it would be best to realize one’s own capability first.

He half rose out of his chair. “Miss Mahajan, kya aap woh photo mujhe wapas lauta sakti hain?"

Suddenly, Monami felt baffled. What did he mean? On one hand, he put on a ‘you are a stranger’ look, yet on the other hand asked for her photo.

The person in the photo is me so why should I give it to you?”

“Miss Mahajan, I advise you not to discuss ownership legality with a lawyer.” Karan said coldly.

Monami was discouraged as she was not familiar with Karan like this and unable to deal with it. “Woh photo iss waqt mere pass nahi hain.."

“Give it to me tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow, I have ……”

Miss Mahajan!” Karan interrupted her, “I think hum dono ek doosre se jyada contact nahi rakhna chahte hai.., so behtar aapke aur mere liye yehi hoga ki we end this quickly.”

End this quickly? Monami was silent for quite a while, “What do you want that photo for?”

Who know?” Karan’s gaze darkened, “Maybe I want to keep it with me, to constantly remind me about that part of my stupid past.”

Stupid …… yes ah, so stupid! She even had some expectations.

Karan went ahead to make a decision. “I will come to get it tomorrow. If you do not have time, you can ask someone to pass it to me. Goodbye, Miss Mahajan.”

He moved forward to leave. When his hand was grasping the door handle, he heard Monami said from behind: “Wait …… kl.. tomorrow, I will send it over.”

Good.” Karan turned around with a blank face. “Thank you for your cooperation, see you tomorrow.”

Monami, in a daze, looked at the back of the tall and straight figure walking away. Not that she had not thought what it would be like if they met again one day, but she did not expect they did not even have the affection to say “Long time no see.”

Really, stupid past ah?

Monami stood in front of the bedroom mirror and looked closely at the woman facing her in the mirror.

If the short hair changed into long hair tied up in a ponytail. If the tanned skin became whiter. If she could still smile brilliantly without a worry …… most importantly, if the eyes could lose more than seven years of deep melancholy and be filled with innocence —— then she could become the Monami Mahajan who first started university and met Karan.

“Karan, Karan ……”

“Karan, Karan ……”

She was not very clear how she managed to pursue Karan. Karan was even more unable to make head or tail of it. At that time, she just chased after him continuously. Finally one time, he could not stand it anymore and, with a straight face, asked: “Monami Mahajan, tum hamesha Mera picha kyon karti ho.. "

If now, she would probably be ashamed until unable to show her face!  However, back then, she was shameless so she opened her eyes widely and asked: “Karan, are you stupid or am I stupid? Of course tum toh bahut smart ho toh main hi stupid hoon.. bhagwan thoda akal dete mujhe.. itni failure kaise bana diya mujhe? Ki itna chase kiya maine.. phir bhi isse nahi pata chala main kya karna chahti hoon.."

She remembered Karan was dumbstruck and speechless for a long time. Later, when he mentioned about this, he laughed and also angrily said that he wanted to use the questioning tone to make her feel ashamed. But who could foresee in this world, there would be such a shameless little girl, in the end he was the one ashamed.

Thus, the outstanding student at that time in the department of Law, after reacting slowly, unexpectedly can only stammer: “I don’t intend to find a girlfriend in university.”

At that time, she was too simple because she was not aware that it was just an excuse so in a spurt of energy asked:Then I will stand in line right now and wait for you to graduate from university. I will be given priority, right?”

Facing such a stubborn opponent, the future lawyer and also best debater surrendered. He quickly ran away after saying out loud: “I have to go to class.”

She certainly was not discouraged by this. Before she could think of a better plan, she unexpectedly heard someone in the university said: “Maine suna hai jo law faculty ka sabse handsome and best student h na uski girlfriend h.. naam.. Monami Mahajan..no she is not from law department.."

After hearing that, she immediately ran to the self-study classroom, found Karan and hastily clarified: “sach bol rahi hoon maine koi rumours nahi failaye.. You have to believe me.”

Karan looked up from his book, with a clear and bright expression, said:I know.”

She foolishly asked:tumhe kaise pata?”

Karan answered with a calm expression: “kyonki main woh person hoon jisne yeh rumours start kiye...”

Finally, it was her turn to be stupefied. He calmly explained: “I have thought about it. If three years later, you are destined to be my girlfriend, I might as well exercise my rights earlier.”

Oh! That time ah!

The mouth of the person in the mirror curved up slightly, but the smile had not reached her eyes before it quickly disappeared.

Monami walked onto the balcony, her mind in confusion. Looking at the bright moon and stars, tomorrow should be a good day.

Edited by Kriya00004 - 1 years ago
Kriya00004 thumbnail

Hey fam, 

Continuing from the last part,

'They say the first one who fall in love is always at the losing end but hey if that first person leave na then the other one loses his soul..'

The sun set in the west. The late afternoon sunlight covered the sky.

Karan stood in front of the floor-to-ceiling windows in the office on the tenth floor, surprised at why he was in the mood to admire the setting sun.

Perhaps, because she came back.

Niya opened the door to see Lawyer Shergill with his back to her standing in front of the windows. He held a cigarette in his hand and had a desolate appearance ...... Desolate? Niya simply doubted her own eyes. Can this word be used for Lawyer Shergill who has always been full of confidence, calm and collected?

Karan heard the door open, turned and asked: "What is the matter?"

"Oh," Niya snapped out of her own thoughts and quickly said: "Lawyer Shergill, woh Vice President Rastogi of Mathur Corporation. Woh aa gaye.."

"Invite him to come in." Karan push away his chaotic train of thoughts and wholeheartedly engrossed himself into his work. He glanced at the clock on the wall--five o'clock, but she had not come yet.

Finally, he sent away Vice President Rastogi, Karan wearily leaned back in the chair and closed his eyes to rest. Suddenly, a large palm slapped his shoulder, Karan grudgingly opened his eyes. "Shivaay."

After graduating from university, he declined a postgraduate study offer and instead started work in "S&O Law Firm," which has now been renamed as "SSS Law Firm" since he became one of the partners. Shivaay Oberoi and another partner Faizuddin Siddiqui were also his University alumni. Faizi graduated a year earlier than him whereas Shivaay graduated many years ago.

The tall, sturdy and handsome person leisurely sat down across from him and arrogantly crossed his legs. "Aaj ka office k baad kya plan hai? "

Karan said without looking up: "Overtime."

"phir se nahi pls.." Shivaay shrieked. "Aaj toh weekend h yaar!"

"So what?"

"So what!" Shivaay repeated his words and shook his head. "This really sounds like something a cold-blooded, ruthless and workaholic Karan Shergill would say."

Karan squinted. "I certainly did not know you are so good at rhetoric.. and Annika nahi hoti toh tum bhi overtime hi kar rahe hote..."

"NO, NO, NO." Shivaay shook his hand. "This is the consensus from all the females who know Karan Shergill.. aur rahi baat Annika ki toh woh toh hamesha se sath hai even then I would always manage to take time for relaxing..." Shivaay leaned forward. "Karan, mujhe na tumse puchna tha.. kya tum gay ho ya phir you have an unmentionable illness?"

"Regarding this kind of silly nonsense, tere jaisa pagal hi dhyan de sakta hain.." Karan thought. Niya came in with two cups of coffee, and Karan asked her: "Did a Miss Mahajan come today?"

Niya thought for a moment, shook her head and said: "No."

Karan grunted to show what he heard and said to Niya: "I don't have much to do here so you better go home early."

Niya shook her head and said: "I'm in no hurry. Lawyer Shergill, when are you leaving? Do you need me to help you to buy something to eat?"

"No need, thank you."

Niya got the message and left with a disappointed look on her face.

Shivaay laughed heartily: "Hey, iss sundar Kanya Niya bhi na tujhme interested hai... An office romance, oh that doesn't sound bad!"

"She is a decent girl so you better not say such nonsense." Karan warned him.

A heart of stone! Shivaay subtly shook his head. Karan's attitude towards women has always been courteous and thoughtful, but never more. All these years, who knows how many women have had their hearts broken by the name of "Karan."

But the women coming in droves cannot be blamed as even from Shivaay's male perspective, Karan was outstanding. Disregarding his heroic spirit and compelling outward appearance, merely these few years, his reputation in the legal circle rose rapidly. In addition, his firm, persistent and upright image was more than enough to attract any proud and beautiful woman.

"Sach batana Karan tujhe kis type ki ladki pasand hai ? Itni saari ladies tujh me interested h.. but kya sach me aaj tak kisi k liye Tera Dil nahi dhadka.. woh.. yeah... That beautiful woman who was the director of a foreign company, her body figure was very hot ah! That television hostess who has cooperated with you for such a long time. Don't tell me there is not even a little sparkle? Aree and humari excellent peer Riya.. woh mujhe aaj hi court me mili thi.. puch rahi thi tere baare me.."

The more Shivaay talked, the more excited he became. Karan turned a deaf ear, letting him continue on talking nonsense.

A one-man show so Shivaay stopped in frustration. A while later, he said excitedly: "I know, it must be your little sister Sakshi. You treat her the best."

Sakshi often came to the office so Shivaay was very familiar with her.

"She is my sister." Karan quickly said.

"Come on, both of you are not blood related... and not legally as well.." Shivaay said knowingly.

"That does not change anything... and yeah agr tu friend nahi hota na then jitni girls k baare me tune bola woh record krke I would have send to Anika bhabhi"

Karan's tone was quite mild, but Shivaay could still hear the firmness in his voice. Shivaay shook his head and did not say anything anymore as he had experienced Karan's stubbornness before.

"Lawyer Shergill." Niya came in, holding an envelope. "abhi ek lady yeh dekar gayi.."

Karan knew what it was just by touching it. " Niya.. woh lady Kahan hai?"

"She left immediately after leaving this envelope."

"Gone already?" Karan looked disappointed. "kitni der Hui usse gaye hue.. "

"Less than a minute."

Karan did not think much. He just picked up the car keys and coat and went out. Shivaay followed him from behind and shouted: "Karan, tu Jahan Jaa raha h.. abhi toh overtime bol raha tha? " He did not seem to have heard.

At the front door, Shivaay happened to meet Faizi, who had just returned from court. "Isse kya hua..aise gaya achanak se jaise train chali jaegi"

Faizi looked at the direction Karan left, said thoughtfully. "hume lgta hai iska raaj hume pata h.."

"Tujhe pta hai.. toh jldi bta.. bolna.."

"Shivaay aaj tak suna tha shadi k baad husband wife ek jaise hone lagte h aaj dekh bhi liya tu Annika jaisa hi Raha h.. " Shivaay glared at Faizi..

"Humare kehne matlab h.. humne abhi kisi ko dekha tha par laga galat h lekin jaise Woh janab gaye usse lagta hai yeh wohi person thi.."

"Who? Tu thriller movie se bhi jyada suspense create kar raha h.." Shivaay said impatiently.

"What kind of person do you think Karan is?" Faizi did not answer but instead asked him.

"Calm, rational and objective." Shivaay's fair evaluation.

"In that case, this person will make him not calm, not rational and not objective."

Shivaay asked curiously. "A woman?"

"Yes, his former girlfriend." Although Faizi was one year ahead of Karan, they lived in the same dormitory so he knew very well about Karan's past.

"Girlfriend?" Shivaay had the expression of someone who heard a fantasy story, "Karan ki pehle koi girlfriend bhi thi?"

"Yes, Karan's girlfriend broke up with him because she went to the United States."

"You mean ......" Shivaay opened his eyes widely. "Karan was dumped?"

"Yes, moreover she left without telling him. Aur unn mohatrama k US jaane k baad Karan ko pata chala... This incident was very widely known at university. Karan was very depressed for a while. At that time, he started to smoke and drink."

"Impossible la ......" Shivaay really could not imagine what kind of woman could abandon Karan. No wonder he would not go near women, a case of once bitten, twice shy.

It was rush hour as everyone left work. Monami was not in a hurry to go home so she wandered aimlessly in the crowd on the streets.

Until just a moment ago, she had no choice but to admit that she had changed. Before, it would be absolutely unlikely that she would avoid him, now obviously she really wanted to see him yet she did not dare.

Back then, no matter how indifferent Karan was, how his resistance made it feel like he was a thousand miles away, she happily followed him around with a smile on her face. Now, she did not even have the courage to say a few words to him.

Karan said she was 'sunshine', the sunshine he wanted to refuse yet could not. But now, even the sunshine in her own heart had disappeared so what could she use to shine on others?

A white BMW abruptly stopped in front of her. Monami did not look up and tried to avoid it. Then, she heard a familiar voice. "Get in the car."

She looked up in surprise, it was him!

Karan saw her looking distracted, frowned and said again: "The car cannot stop here so get in."

Monami did not have time to consider what was going on as the car brought them in to join the endless traffic.

"Indian or Western food?" Karan asked her while paying attention to the traffic situation in front.

"Indian food." She replied reflexively, then started to feel something was wrong. What Indian or Western food, could he want to treat her to a meal ah?

Karan glanced at her coldly. "Do you still know how to eat by hands?"

Monami pretended she did not hear his sarcasm, instead cautiously asked: "Do you want to treat me to dinner?"

"You picked up my wallet so it is reasonable that I ought to thank you."

"Actually, you do not need to be so polite." Monami mumbled, suddenly feeling dejected. When did they resort to saying such impersonal things?

They had dinner at the famous Daryaganj Restaurant, Connaught Palace , where the beautiful setting, delicious cuisine and attentive service could not improve Monami's mood. Facing that expressionless face across the table, she was doomed to have indigestion.

The musical ringtone from the mobile phone broke the quiet atmosphere. Karan answered the call. "Hello ...... yes ...... I am at Daryaganj restro ...... no, there is also Monami Mahajan ...... met by coincidence ...... okay."

Suddenly, he gave the phone to her. "Sakshi ko tumse baat karni hain.."

Monami took it. "Hello."

"Hello, Monami." A gentle voice came from the other side.

"Sakshi, long time no see."

"Yes ah, long time no see."

Both sides were silent, not knowing what to say so finally Sakshi said: "Monami, itne saal ho gaye.. kaisi ho.. how have you been all these years?"

"Not bad, until recently I was reluctant to leave the U.S." Monami tried to act casual and did not notice Karan suddenly looking at her closely.

"Oh." There was another silence, then Sakshi said: "Can you give me your contact number? We will find time to meet up."

"Okay." Monami told her the mobile phone number.

"All right, then good-bye la."

"Goodbye."

After finishing the call, she gave the phone back to Karan, but he did not take it. "Enter your phone number into it."

Monami was stumped for words and lowered her head to enter the number, but she encountered difficulty seeing the password.

"It needs a password."

Karan reached out to take the phone from her hand. "I will do it."

Monami felt embarrassed while watching his slender fingers gracefully and rapidly typing on the silver phone. After a few seconds, he finished typing and put it away in his pocket..

"Tell your number.."

"Oh"

He glanced at her and no longer spoke. Dinner was eaten in a silent atmosphere, even until he drove her home.

Getting out of the car, Monami said: "Thank you for driving me home."

He nodded his head and sped away.

Monami stood there, feeling at a loss. She did not know how long she stood there until she realized people passing by glancing at her strangely, only then did she snap out of it and hurriedly ran upstairs.

"Blind, Blind date?" Monami shouted at the top of her lungs.

"Dheere bol Monu!" Koel covered Monami's babbling mouth. Then Koel warned her: "announcement nahi karni hai.."

Monami nodded her head quickly, waited until she was let go and asked: "tu blind date par Jana chahti hain..?"

"sirf main nahi baba tu bhi jaa rahi hain.."

"We? Why, why?" Monami looked critically at Koel.

"We are two of the oldest staff in the agency who do not have a boyfriend. Do you know, if we don't seize the day, we will not be able to get married?" Koel rushed to check the calendar, "Today's target is two XX Company's engineers so you and I are going just right. "

"If go, you go yourself. I am not going."

"kyonkii woh 2 log hain.. toh main akeli nahi jaa sakti na.." Monu, normally do I treat you well? Whether I can get married or not this year is all dependent on you." Koel looked at her pitifully, like an abandoned puppy.

"You can date one at a time ah."

"No, that is too inefficient. I also need your help."

"What kind of help?" Monami said cautiously as it was never easy to help Koel.

Seeing Monami backing down, Koel took out a lot of things from her desk such as black-rimmed glasses, weird looking wigs, earrings big enough to be bracelets and some very colorful clothes.

"Ab yeh kya hain..?" Monami stared at the pile of stuff.

"To make you look ugly to bring out my beauty!"

"...... I am your victim number what?"

When it was time to get off work, Koel grabbed her and ran downstairs. When they finally reached downstairs, she screamed: "Ah! I forgot to take my 'sure-win' lipstick."

She rushed back up to take the 'sure win' blind date lipstick.

Monami was waiting for her at the front door, and suddenly se she felt heated. She turned around and unexpectedly saw Karan.

He met her line of vision and nodded his head at her to send greeting.

Her heart beat faster, could he be here to look for her? It had been almost a month since the 'silent dinner'. They have not been in contact so this time, could he be here to look for her ah?

She involuntarily walked towards him.

"How come you are here?"

"Waiting for a person." He replied briefly.

"Oh, wait ......"

"Karan!" A slender and beautiful woman with a soft feminine voice appeared in her line of vision, making Monami's heart sink.

"The person I have been waiting for is here so I will go first." He flatly told her and left together with that woman.

"Okay, good-bye."

She just stood there blankly and watched them walk to the direction of the car park. Actually, she did not have the strength to move her feet until Koel appeared and pulled her away. "Monu tu yahan moorti ban kar kyon khadi hai.. Walk faster as we are going to be late. I also need to help you put on make-up. Remember, oh, you have to behave a little worse than me ......"

Monami simply did not need to pretend as during the blind date dinner, she really looked dull and unresponsive, perfectly helping to highlight Koel's radiant personality.

**"**

He came to wait for her again.

Monami looked down from the floor-to-ceiling windows and saw Karan in a simple shirt and pants looking handsome downstairs. In this month, he would come here once every four to five days, then leave together with that beautiful woman.

Today was the weekend, he came again.

He never waited for her before.

"Monu, Monu." Koel squawked. "Aaj weekend hai.. toh tujhe mere sath Jana hoga?"

"Okay."

"Uh?" Koel was surprised, "tujhe pta hai main tujhe Kahan chalne ke liye bol rahi hoon?"

"Blind date!" Monami tiredly said. Given her previous "outstanding performance," Koel regarded her as her "blind date companion" so every weekend, she would drag her to go to blind dates.

But it was really fun to go to blind dates with her since she would not have to worry that men will like her. She only needed to go have dinner and watch Koel put on a show to amuse others.

"Today, what kind of man are you seeing?"

"Hehehe, today is a young and talented man ah, a surgeon, having Western food, hahaha ......"

Monami could not help but be amused by her attitude. It can't be deny that she was quite a pro as the blind dates got better and better. Unfortunately, no man has been won over! Instead, due to inexplicable reasons, they either became her good friends or her friends' husbands. Koel, who was twenty-nine years old and considered old for marriage, vowed to marry any man who would have her.

Due to the need to go home early to "make up", Monami left work on time. Thus, it was inevitable to encounter Karan, who was waiting downstairs. Monami only wanted to walk pass him with her head down. She did not expect Koel to suddenly stop and look with fierce eyes at Karan's......beautiful companion, who was standing beside him.

"This is too much!" Koel gritted her teeth and said angrily. Before Monami can react, she was pulled by her to stand in front of Karan and that beauty.

"Vixen, you are still seducing men."

That beauty, although looked delicate and soft, surprisingly said boldly: "Blind date maniac, tum abhi bhi doosre logo ko apne sath blind date ke liye leke Jaa rahi ho? " She glanced at Monami. "tumse jyada Sundar dikhti hain.. kahi aisa na ho tum lifetime ne hi shadi na kar pao.."

The two people actually began to quarrel. Monami was dumbstruck and greeted Karan awkwardly. "Hi!"

His complexion seemed rather bad, which was understandable since anyone would not be happy to have the girlfriend being scolded as a vixen.

"Uh, I'm sorry, although she speaks harshly, uska irada bura nahi tha.." Monami tried to defend Koel.

Karan gave her a killer stare, and his voice sounded cold as ice. "Are you going on a blind date?"

"Uh, yes ......" Monami did not know what to say but her hesitant attitude would only reaffirm his opinion.

He did not say anything, his expression frigid as he glanced at her then turned around and left.

"Mr. Shergill, wait for me." That beauty who quarreled with Koel stopped fighting and hurriedly followed when she saw him leaving.

Monami temporarily did not have time to sort out her mood because Koel's expression was really weird, as she actually was ...... crying?

Hey, Koel! The Koel who put on a show to amuse others daily was crying?

"Koel, you are crying just because you failed to win in your quarrel, very shameful ah."

"What do you know!" Koel stared at her with widely opened and tearful eyes, "She stole my first boyfriend."

Uh, indeed it was a bitter and deep-seated hatred! Monami immediately joined her in being angry and patted her shoulder. "There are plenty more fish in the sea. We will find a good one tonight to infuriate her."

"I'm not angry at her for stealing the person I like. Mujhe gussa isliye aata h kyonki usne uss person ko cherish hi nahi kiya.. aur iss wajah se uska accident ho gaya..and u know what happened after that Then, she abandoned him when he became crippled. How can she be like this ah? Why he still loves this kind of person? Why does he not like me, am I not beautiful as her.. Sob, sob ...... "

Monami listened in surprise. She did not expect the always starry-eyed infatuated Koel would have such a story. Indeed, the person with the more cheerful outward appearance will have a more vulnerable heart inside?

Because of the quarrel, both of them were late for the first time. Monami also did not have time to put on ugly makeup. Koel was depressed so she did not take the initiative or put on a show to amuse others. As a result ......

The two outstanding surgeons were actually very interested in them?!

Oh my God! Could this be regarded as a blessing in disguise?

Due to the men's excessive enthusiasm, the four of them went to a movie, then to a game zone and finally to supper. They stayed out later than eleven p.m. before returning home.

Finally, Monami was relieved when she saw her home in sight. "Dr. Shah, mera ghar aa gaya.. Thank you for sending me back."

"Oh." Dr Shah stopped talking about heart disease and politely said: "Good night, Miss Mahajan. I had a good time today."

"Me too, good night!" Monami smiled and waited for him to walk away before going upstairs.

The lights in the corridor were broken so it seemed a bit dark. She walked up to the fourth floor and fumbled for the door key. Suddenly, a tall and dark shadow appeared in her line of vision, Monami was shocked and dropped her keys on the floor.

"tum......"

Before she could finish talking, she was pulled into a strong embrace and her unsuspecting lips were pressed. He mercilessly ravaged her lips repeatedly. Those fiery kisses even spread to the neck, seemingly wanting to crazily pour out all the pent-up anger. His hand tore open her collar. She started to feel a slight chill in her upper chest, and he immediately covered it with kisses.

Monami did not have a chance to react but was caught up unprepared in the spellbound and delirious confusion. The ambiguous atmosphere was filled with the smell of alcohol. Alcohol? He had been drinking!

Monami became more clear-headed and exclaimed in an unsteady breath: "Karan!"

He stopped all his movements, buried his head in her neck and rapidly grasped for air.

A long time later, only then his hoarse voice was heard. "haar gaya main..."

What did this mean?

"itne saalo baad bhi tumse haar gaya.. kitni koshish kar loon sabak hi nahi sikhta.. even After so many years, I still lose to you, suffering a crushing defeat."

Why did he sound so bitter?

"Karan, kya keh rahe ho tum? Tumne drink kar rakhi hain? Are you drunk?" She asked anxiously.

There was silence, then he suddenly pushed her away. His beautiful eyes shone awkwardly and resentfully in the dark night. His voice sounded strangely sober and cold: "I'm not drunk. I am crazy."

He turned and suddenly disappeared, like he had suddenly appeared. If not for the slight tingling feeling on the lips, she would think this was a ridiculous dream.

She picked up the keys to open the door. After entering the house, she just stood foolishly at the doorway. If the phone did not suddenly ring, she did not know how long she would stand there.

After picking up the phone, she immediately heard Koel's excited voice. "Monu, how are things at your end?"

What? Monami temporarily did not understand what she was saying.

"Say quickly, ah, did that Dr Shah say anything? Did he ask you when to meet up next time?"

"No."

"How can that be?!" Koel cried out, "He obviously looked very interested."

He was probably pleased to have someone willing to listen to his "heart and love" special topic lecture.

"How about you?" Monami did not want to beat around the bush so asked her directly.

"He invited me to watch a movie tomorrow, hehe......" scary laughter came from the other side, "Monu, starting tomorrow, I want to behave like a lady!"

Uff.. now agr koi yeh puche Why Karan kissed Monu without her permission.. well then.. so before u say just put yourself in his shoes.. woh bina keh kar gayi.. he hates her.. but phir bhi he waited for her.. bcoz more that he loved her..
And then seeing that she came back he thought maybe it will be okay.. gussa hate sab kuch h but usse jyada love h.. and then he heard she is going on date.. and so.. and u know acc to him, Monami ne usse chase kia tha.. and itna actively he also fell in love with her but phir woh achanak se chali gyi then he saw her again..

Yeah so btana kaisa tha part..

Till the next update
Ta-ta

Your writer
Kriya