Frequent Posters

hyancchoatishoo thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Rani outside YRF... Aathva ajooba! 

SrikantTiwari thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Looking forward to watching this one, Rani the actor never disappoints...

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Looking forward to this movie! 

https://www.thebetterindia.com/268058/rani-mukherjee-mrs-chatterjee-vs-norway-real-story-sagarika-bhattacharya-inspiring/amp/

P.S Child care services and laws are really strict abroad. 😲 IMO, People who are immigrating can’t be ignorant of the laws of the land. 

Edited by Swetha-Sai - 1 years ago
Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Sooo excited for this.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

I didn’t know anything about this case till now.  Looks like it’s gonna be a great role for Rani.  

On a side note, in the article Rani mentions Raja Ki Ayegi Baraat as a woman centric movie.  I’m not sure if I would use that movie as a bragging point for how I started my career in a woman centric role 👀 

Sense9 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Read the real story. It’s really horrifying that your children can be taken away from you coz of some cultural differences in raising kids (among other things).

This is gonna be good.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Swetha-Sai

Looking forward to this movie! 

P.S Child care services and laws are really strict abroad. 😲 IMO, People who are immigrating can’t be ignorant of the laws of the land. 

Some cultural differences should not be ignored in favor of a cookie-cutter law.

Kids sleeping in the same bed? Feeding with hands? What is wrong with Norway? Are these now illegal?

OTOH... a mild slap? I agree spanking sometimes happens and may prevent kids from getting into dangerous situations. But there are laws against it for a reason. Very often, abusive SOBs call it discipline.  There was a story of an Amish dad punishing a BABY for not clapping while praying.  

If you're going to live in another country, you need to follow their laws. NRIs don't have the right to a different set of laws or to beat their children on account of culture.

And seriously? Are they justifying corporal punishment for an AUTISTIC kid?

P.S. Comments are about the article. Hopefully, the film won't be as idiotic as to take that tack.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Some cultural differences should not be ignored in favor of a cookie-cutter law.

Kids sleeping in the same bed? Feeding with hands? What is wrong with Norway? Are these now illegal?

OTOH... a mild slap? I agree spanking sometimes happens and may prevent kids from getting into dangerous situations. But there are laws against it for a reason. Very often, abusive SOBs call it discipline.  There was a story of an Amish dad punishing a BABY for not clapping while praying.  

If you're going to live in another country, you need to follow their laws. NRIs don't have the right to a different set of laws or to beat their children on account of culture.

And seriously? Are they justifying corporal punishment for an AUTISTIC kid?

P.S. Comments are about the article. Hopefully, the film won't be as idiotic as to take that tack.

Honestly, the impression I got from the article was that the cultural differences were ignored from both sides. The social services agent seemed insensitive to cultural differences and took issue with things like feeding with hands or sleeping in the same bed. At the same the mother was resentful to people at her home watching her go about her business not realizing that’s how things are done in other parts of the world after a complaint is filed. The article mentions how a social worker or workers would just come and observe her even when she didn’t want them there or when she wasn’t feeling well.  Again, that’s how things work in some parts of the world.  I would put the onus of this on the social worker though. Initially they were assigned to help her do better and it sounds like bias and even racism prevented them from doing their actual jobs and it might have escalated the issues towards the drama that it became.  

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Honestly, the impression I got from the article was that the cultural differences were ignored from both sides. The social services agent seemed insensitive to cultural differences and took issue with things like feeding with hands or sleeping in the same bed. At the same the mother was resentful to people at her home watching her go about her business not realizing that’s how things are done in other parts of the world after a complaint is filed. The article mentions how a social worker or workers would just come and observe her even when she didn’t want them there or when she wasn’t feeling well.  Again, that’s how things work in some parts of the world.  I would put the onus of this on the social worker though. Initially they were assigned to help her do better and it sounds like bias and even racism prevented them from doing their actual jobs and it might have escalated the issues towards the drama that it became.  

I'm not talking about what actually happened. I did a quick read, and it sounds like the poor woman was pretty much without support from husband or the system. 

Imagine being stuck in a foreign country where you don't know the language, you don't have family or friends, you've just given birth to a 2nd kid, and you're dealing with an autistic older one. It would've been a nightmare.

And yeah... social workers are not the little angels they're painted to be in media. They're trained to identify actual abuse versus mother needing help. Instead of helping, they decided to take away the kids.

After the hubby accused her of schizophrenia and violence, even the Indian government stepped back. Poor lady. She really had no one.

I'm talking about the article's slant. The writer is basically dismissing everything as cultural difference and suggesting it should be allowed. Nah... if it's illegal, it's illegal. Don't like it; then don't go there. Esp something like corporal punishment. And when the case involves an AUTISTIC child. Unbelievable!

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago