Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Mages

Well i am not zure abt their salaries but i definitely know they are earning crores and being paid in crores be equal or non-equal along with fame is also with them so what are they complaning about. They are complaining as if they only thousands rupees. 

My grandpa always says be happy in what you earn and what god gives you whether big or small. You can't get all 3 worlds on your palm one need to learn to be happy of what you have and never stop your hardwork

IKR. I always roll my eyes on this topic, because even if these actresses are getting 10% of whatever their male counterpart is earning, they are still being paid in crores. There are better things to worry about.Next please 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: infinity101

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn’t an actor’s fee depend on how much of a crowd puller they are? And less on gender? It’s business at the end of the day. 

Some women say they way the system is a woman can never overtake a man in crowd pulling ability. Allegedly theres powers at be to make sure of it 😆

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Flippity floppity Chopra Jonas always changing tunes and goalposts according to geography!!

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: infinity101

IKR. I always roll my eyes on this topic, because even if these actresses are getting 10% of whatever their male counterpart is earning, they are still being paid in crores. There are better things to worry about.Next please 

Well... I wouldn't go as far. Our pay is imp to each of us. It's imp for her clearly. 

Or Indra Nooyi wouldn't have basis to complain because she was getting 12 million USD a year whereas her male counterparts who bring in same revenue get paid more (25 million for current CEO). That's deffo gender discrimination.

Just because there are women manual laborers who live paycheck to paycheck doesn't mean powerful women also don't face discrimination. 

They do, and it's important that we all acknowledge it because it's the only way to achieve equality. Or it will be like crabs pulling each other down

My peeve with female actors is they hijack the real issue when their pay is based on different criteria. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago
pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Anushka shetty very eloquently put her thoughts on this wage gap question ….when asked if she was paid equally to prabhas in baahubali, she simply said “no…prabhas worked much harder than I did for that film, maintained his physique for 5 years, did a lot more risky stunt work, and has a much larger market so it’s only fair he gets paid more..”

Now anushka is capable and can carry films on her own..she has a decent market but she realises that her pay is based on her contribution to the film and ultimately her market value …
She got paid the highest for bhagimathie which was resting on her and took a huge opening…she got paid more than rana for rudramadevi to coz she put in the work there and it was resting on her market …

She didn’t cry abt getting paid less than prabhas because she reasoned it out logically …

If pc wants to get paid the same as srk for don 2, ask her to build a fan base like his, right down to the rural small theatres….

Having a “you go girl” gang behind u that won’t show up in the theatres will not give u higher pay 

Edited by pathaka - 1 years ago
rckRadhe thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail + 5

Priyanka needs to take a chill pill 

Hollywood is no different. 😲

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Peeps seriously need to understand the diff between a doctor or nurse or teacher asking for equal pay and an actor wanting equal pay.

The rest of us are paid based on the work we put in. 

You, my dear friend, get paid based on the number of backsides you can put on seats. 

Also, doncha have a production company? Do you pay all your actors equally, regardless of box office status?

Exactly this.....what would Priyanka do....pay a superstar and a newbie the same amount? I would love to hear her answer on this...🤔

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Some women say they way the system is a woman can never overtake a man in crowd pulling ability. Allegedly theres powers at be to make sure of it 😆

This is a whole another debate but just from a business point.....how is it an actor's fault if he pulls more crowd than the female counter part....I mean next Sonakhshi can start cribbing about how Salman was paid a million times more than her for Dabbangg...😆...I know it was their home production but just using it as an example..

priya185 thumbnail

Don't pay a new actor the same as an established one if they lack the skills and fan following. But getting paid 10% of male costars is a joke.

Also she should be paid the same amount as male contemporaries who are equally capable at work as her 

Still, Bollywood actors get paid much more than a lot of professionals and have more than a middle-class person (or even the average person in India).

FlyOnTheWall thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 2 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Ek number ki jhuthi aurat hai baba 

Deepika jab Scarlett ke sath ek video kari thi usme boli thi ki usko uske male counterpart se jyada paisa mila 

Abhi ye Deepika se badi star thi 

Ab isko Harman Baweja se kam paisa mila hoga What's your rashi ke liye?