Freddy (streaming on Disney+Hotstar) reviews thread - Page 2

Posted: 1 years ago

Thanks for sticking this thread (and asking for that) 😊

I got a solution to my dilemma and could watch the movie.

All the praise you can read here is justified (so I won't repeat it).

When I should give a subtitle to the movie than I would write:

"There are boundaries one should not cross."

Yes, there is romance (definitely not the usual one), there is revenge (though not one-sided), there is drama (you feel for Freddy) and it's a thriller (the second half...till the end)

And - like in Qala - something said by an adult overshadows the childhood of the protagonist (in Qala a woman, in Freddy a man) and that trauma determines the adult's life.

A dialogue I won't forget (subtitles):

She: You once said that I complete you.

He: It's only me who can complete me.

Watched the movie liked it 👍🏼 kartik nailed as dentist Freddy and alaya is good too. felt bad for him as he deserves love and so I was on team Freddy for revenge saga till the end 🥳 Freddy and hardy moment at the end was painful and emotional. He lost parents, hardy, his love 

I didn't like the movie much..but I have to give it to kartik and aliya..they did a fine job..aliya can act the pants off ananya..sara  janhvi..this girl should get more opportunities..kartik shows he can do much more than comedy and romance..wish the movie had more chills..i found it very predictable..

2/5 stars

I am glad this one never made it to cinemas..it would have wrapped below 30cr and ruined kartik's dream run at the BO

I just finished watching it. 

Spoiler: I was a bit disappointed because in the trailer Freddy seemed like a psychopath dentist but they actually showed him as a victim seeking revenge for the injustice done to him. 

Though I must say people who enjoy watching thrillers may find it entertaining though everything from the second half was predictable and there was nothing unique in the climax. 

Kartik was amazing in the movie. Alaya really surprised me with her acting. She's indeed far better actor than Sara and Ananya. I hope she gets more opportunities to shine in the industry. 

Did the movie even had a trailer? I think, it just was a protrait of Freddy.

For me, it was the contrary... I was pleased that Freddy wasn't what one could assume.

I can't go into a discussion without revealing something of the movie but at least I can join you in your praise for Alaya 😊

"PS: #Freddy would’ve found an audience at multiplexes, had it opened in cinemas… #KartikAaryan’s enormous popularity would’ve ensured sufficient footfalls."

I think so, too... in addition, the movie keeps one invested till the end...

Just found it on Hulu. Since I’m on call this weekend, I might as well distract my mind with a running commentary on here. Gotta say I relate with Karthik, 5 years is nothing. Have y’all been on Tinder? Sab ke sab namakooool