Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 years ago

I have mixed feelings. The trailer and concept look interesting. I like Kajol and Revathy's direction touches on issues with sensitivity. 

That being said, I can't help getting the sense of cliche. Once upon a time, disability-related films were tragic melodramas. After the Fault in Our Stars, there has been a gamut of films portraying characters with disabilities or terminal illnesses who have cheerful sunny dispositions. 

But I will wait and watch, you never know what a full film is till you see it. 

My gold standard is Netflix Atypical 

- neither tragic nor life is sunshine and rainbows - reality is somewhere in between

- centers the disability but also explores the challenges, ups, and downs, of family

- no self-sacrificing martyrs who give up everything for the disabled family member, it honestly reflects the conflicts and resentments that can arise

Isaac on Sex Education and Roland in Saved! are also other disabled characters who got to be more than cookie-cutter characters. 

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

https://m.timesofindia.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/heres-how-aamir-khan-reacted-when-revathy-asked-him-to-do-a-cameo-in-kajol-starrer-salaam-venky/amp_articleshow/95506862.cms

This article clearly says that Salaam Venky is based on true events and a book titled ‘The Last Hurrah’ by Srikanth Murthy 

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/venkatesh-is-gone-but-his-struggle-lives/articleshow/963064.cms

How youngest chess player suffering from muscular disease did not get euthanasia and couldn’t donate all his organs 

Edited by Swetha-Sai - 1 years ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

It may be that it is finally the film about this young man (the TOI-article is from 2004!). There was a producer who wanted to make a movie out of the book "The last Hourrah" that narrates Venkatesh's story (with Shreyas Talpade) but at my research I could not find this movie having released.

So, probably, now, this one may showcase Venkatesh's struggle with the law.

sanityinfinite thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I am so excited to be seeing Rajeev Khandelwal in this Trailer! He's one Actor, that'll make me watch this Movie. Otherwise? It looks to heavy for me.

But Rajeev K is a rage about the audience to this day, for his portrayal of Sujal Garewal. I am just so happy he's worked on this project with Kajol, Rahul Bose, Vishal, Revathy i.e such a talented cast.