Allu Arjun leading Man and Ranveer the actor of the year by GQ India!

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Allu Arjun it is, only Southie to do it ❤️

And obviously the most stylish he is 😳

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkykzPbj5lB/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Ranveer as usual, wearing stuff he likes but well..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkylTUvDNjT/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link 

Edited by SteFanSalvaTor - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail

How is Ranveer getting awards and titles this year despite flops is beyond my understanding.

He is crossing even SRK in buying awards and titles at this rate.

Is it me or has Allu got more credit for Pushpa than Bahubali series brought for Prabhas?

Prabhas never got that much national limelight or titles and awards as Allu Arjun has raked for Pushpa nor have Ram Charan and NTR Jr got that much limelight for RRR or for popularity of Magadheera for that matter. Neither Yash got that much limelight or ads and awards for KGF series breaking records across India. Yash, Ram Charan, NTR, Prabhas are all good looking and charismatic too. Still not same level limelight as Allu got for Pushpa.

Allu is everywhere now. In ads and hoardings too. His KFC hoardings can be seen in Punjab and Haryana too. First for an actor from Southern industry to feature in ads and hoardings in North states.

He got Indian of the year award from CNN too. Good for him. 

Edited by atominis - 1 years ago
vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

prabhas got good credit,  his huge remuneration and big budget movies are because of that but yes, it is lesser because people have now realised that it is rajamouli who primarily carried those movies, so he has benifitted the most, he can now pull the audience with any hero. for kgf too, same to  a lesser extent, prashant neel has got the credit too, though yash has become very popular 

in allu's case, he had huge following in small towns already because of you tube, his dance numbers and movies are very popular. imitiaz ali and some others have said that his name is very popular in interior towns, it seems like he has a grassroots following

in a way, they experimented with pushpa to see whether the popularity will carry to theaters, sukumar is a total unknown in other languages so yeah allu's reach did pull the audience initially. 

all these brands are cued on this i guess

Edited by vcs17 - 1 years ago
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Now we celebrate GQ Awards 😆

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Originally posted by: atominis

How is Ranveer getting awards and titles this year despite flops is beyond my understanding.

He is crossing even SRK in buying awards and titles at this rate.

Is it me or has Allu got more credit for Pushpa than Bahubali series brought for Prabhas?

Prabhas never got that much national limelight or titles and awards as Allu Arjun has raked for Pushpa nor have Ram Charan and NTR Jr got that much limelight for RRR or for popularity of Magadheera for that matter. Neither Yash got that much limelight or ads and awards for KGF series breaking records across India. Yash, Ram Charan, NTR, Prabhas are all good looking and charismatic too. Still not same level limelight as Allu got for Pushpa.

Allu is everywhere now. In ads and hoardings too. His KFC hoardings can be seen in Punjab and Haryana too. First for an actor from Southern industry to feature in ads and hoardings in North states.

He got Indian of the year award from CNN too. Good for him. 

Yes, Arjun indeed got more fame and earned more euphoria than Prabhas or Ram Charan for Bahubali or RRR, as vcs already said, the latter movies were pure Rajamouli brands, I personally think anyone doing the characters of Bahubali or Ram would still be a Pan India sensation, while a Pushpa is a Pushpa with only Allu Arjun's mass pull along with the combo of him with DSP, if you know, DSP-Arjun combo has delivered the most iconic numbers down south, some of which are so big that even nou southerns sing them. Also, I remember watching a distributor's interview where he said Allu Arjun movies hindi dubbed versions always get humongous views in YouTube despite him never doing a pan india or hindi film before, which triggered Sukumar and Arjun to test the waters with Pushpa, and it worked.

Not only in India, even in Bangladesh, Allu Arjun has a huge huge fan following, he is considered to be a dancing god amongst the 90s kids here, especially boys and Pushpa triggered  a whole lot of the generation include the cricketers of the national team 😆

Arjun's brand value is all time high now, but if people mistake it as a Pushpa thing that is also not completely true, Ala Vaikuntapurumalo was a great Hit too, and pretty popular amongst the whole India. 

Prabhas, could not sustain the stardom I feel, bad film choices, lazy and clumsy approach to the characters and lack of ambition, i feel terrible when i see Adipurush trailer. With Charan who is also Arjun's cousin, has huge potential too, he made a bad choice with his stupid hindi debut but I am glad now he is doing good films down south. Allu Arjun's biggest plus point is he never did a hindi movie prior, and even before Pushpa he is the only south actor apart from RajniKanth who penetrated the markets of 5 different markets including Kerala, he is known as the Mallu Arjun despite no Malyalam movies in whole career.

MiVida_Messi thumbnail
Originally posted by: vcs17

prabhas got good credit,  his huge remuneration and big budget movies are because of that but yes, it is lesser because people have now realised that it is rajamouli who primarily carried those movies, so he has benifitted the most, he can now pull the audience with any hero. for kgf too, same to  a lesser extent, prashant neel has got the credit too, though yash has become very popular 

in allu's case, he had huge following in small towns already because of you tube, his dance numbers and movies are very popular. imitiaz ali and some others have said that his name is very popular in interior towns, it seems like he has a grassroots following

in a way, they experimented with pushpa to see whether the popularity will carry to theaters, sukumar is a total unknown in other languages so yeah allu's reach did pull the audience initially. 

all these brands are cued on this i guess

They are going bigger with Pushpa 2, the shooting started already, they have a bomb here with Fahad Faasil going full blown negative and obviously classic Allu Arjun swag. I realized, Arjun's biggest strength is his dancing, and in Pushpa the dancing was at back seat, they did not cash on it, which again is a demonstration of how he penetrated the very smaller towns amongst the whole country.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Where can I see the KFC Hoardings 

1t1svat1t1s thumbnail

That’s because Prabhas never really bothered to put himself out there thanks to him being an introvert and his media shyness. He has always been like this even before the Baahubali success. On the other hand Allu Arjun has been systematically at it using his resources effectively to make himself more visible. He started doing this much before even Pushpa giving interviews to the Hindi portals like Filmi companion etc. Along with being a talented actor, he also seems to be a shrewd businessman. An example for his fine business acumen, he saw that Spider-Man and 83 were being released within a week and knew Pushpa won’t find a market if he lets Spider-Man settle in and come one week later clashing with 83 so he decided to come one week earlier along with Spider-Man and the rest as they say, is history. 

Btw a fun fact, Pushpa was never intended to be such a huge pan India release but apparently  it was SSR who urged Allu Arjun and Sukumar to take the pan India market more seriously.

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/telugu/ss-rajamouli-to-allu-arjun-pushpa-should-go-big-and-far-7671996/

Edited by 1t1svat1t1s - 1 years ago
atominis thumbnail

Dubbed films of Prabhas, Arjun, Yash, Ram Charan show on T.V. all day.

I think others are also popular on YouTube.

I am surprised why other actors did not get these pan India kind of awards or mag covers. Allu Arjun is one of rare stars from South after Rajinikanth, Chiranjeevi, Kamal Haasan to get solo cover for India today type national magazine too.

Prabhas, Rana, Yash, Ram Charan hardly got that credit. Though Ram's Magadheera is still popular on TV and is dubbed in Bhojpuri too. But still. 

Perhaps it is the O o Antava song and beard gesture that made him stand out. Besides one liners like Main jhukega nahi saala and Flower nahi fire hai main.

His one liners became more of memes compared to other stars and their hits. 

atominis thumbnail

Pushpa factor does matter as its one liners became memes and even politicians in North copied those one liners uttered by Allu Arjun.

Prabhas had earlier got ad for a car. IDK what happened to him later.  I am surprised Tamannah also gets lot of ads and limelight but Anushka got nothing despite Bahubali or even popularity of Arundhati in dubbed versions on TV.

Prabhas probably messed it with a dud like Saaho.

Ram Charan should never have chosen remake of an iconic Amitabh film like Zanjeer. He wasted it. Surprised despite popularity of RRR, Magadheera he has not gained limelight or mag covers or awards by so called pan India media.

I am totally surprised about Yash being missing despite Yash's humongous success with KGF series and he is young, looks good, has age on his side and is fit. I saw him on India Today summit but no awards like Arjun has been getting for Pushpa. Nor ads like Arjun's got for KFC and a bus or cab service app. 

Anyway this is the 80s moment for South stars. Same as when Kamal, Rajini, Sridevi, Jayaprada, Chiranjeevi, Silk Smitha etc got Hindi films and got noticed by national magazines like India Today and Outlook too. 

After Rajinikanth's success with Sivaji, Robot, first time I am seeing South films do so well and beat shit out of Hindi films.