🏏ICC Men'sT20I WC 2022- India vs Zimbabwe, M-42, Super 12 Group 2🏏

Viswasruti thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

🏏ICC Men'sT20I WC 2022- India vs Zimbabwe, M-42, Super 12 Group 2🏏

Ind vs Zim, Ind vs Zim live streaming, Ind vs Zim live score updates, Ind vs Zim live score streaming, Ind vs Zim playing XI, Ind vs Zim Squads, Ind vs Zim live score, Ind vs Zim head to head, India vs Zimbabwe, India vs Zimbabwe live updates, India vs Zimbabwe playing XI, India vs Zimbabwe Squads, India vs Zimbabwe head to head, India vs Zimbabwe live streaming, T20 World Cup 2022, T20 World Cup 2022 live streaming, T20 World Cup 2022 schedule, T20 World Cup 2022 news, T20 World Cup 2022 updates, T20 World Cup 2022 live online streaming, Cricket News, Rohit Sharma, Rohit Sharma news, Rohit Sharma age, Rohit Sharma updates, Rohit Sharma records, Rohit Sharma ipl, Rohit Sharma wife, Rohit Sharma press conference, 

India will take on Zimbabwe in the final league game of the T20 World Cup 2022. Given their recent form, India is considered the favorite to win the match and end up as Group 2 table toppers. 

The rain came in handy for them as they defeated Bangladesh by 5 runs (D/L method) in their last match. KL  Rahul returned to form with an entertaining half-century, and his outstanding throw to eliminate Liton Das was the game's turning point. 

Virat Kohli's ICC tournament streak continues, with the former captain averaging 220 in this T20 World Cup. They must win this match in order to advance to the semi-finals.

Zimbabwe, on the other hand, has struggled against small teams, losing their previous two matches by 5 wickets and 3 runs to the Netherlands and Bangladesh, respectively. 

They performed a miracle by defeating Pakistan by one run last week, but they struggled to replicate similar performances in the subsequent games. 

Throughout the tournament, Sikandar Raza and Blessing Muzarabani have been outstanding for them. They need to win here to avoid finishing at the bottom of Group 2.

Beating the spirited Team India will be a daunting task for them!  

But T20 cricket doesn't conform to reputation, especially not one played in the off-season in Australia. Qualifying out of the group, therefore, is a slightly more realistic minimum expectation. 

They return to the MCG, a win over Zimbabwe away from meeting it.

This is the last match of the Group 12 matches. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail

India vs Zimbabwe T20 World Cup 2022 Super 12 Group 2 Match No. 42 Preview, LIVE Streaming details: When and where to watch IND vs ZIM match online and on TV?

When Rohit Sharma took his seat at the make-shift press conference stage in the upper corridors of the MCG two weeks ago, the spotlight on him beamed brighter than ever, if that is even possible. He was about to captain in his first World Cup game and against Pakistan no less. More importantly, India were starting a World Cup 12 months on from their last with the promise of righting the wrongs that had seen their campaign in the UAE go up in fumes. On that day, what would India have considered a good tournament for them? Some would argue, given their resource pool, anything less than a championship is a failure. But T20 cricket doesn't conform to reputation, especially not one played in the off-season in Australia. Qualifying out of the group, therefore, is a slightly more realistic minimum expectation. They return to the MCG, a win over Zimbabwe away from meeting it.

Viswasruti thumbnail

Tactics & Matchups: Zimbabwe have lost 20 wickets in the PowerPlay, the most for any team in this competition. It's an area of the game India will look to target and break open the game quickly.

India, who have had an extra day of rest since that Bangladesh game, are unlikely to change their winning combination.

Probable XI: KL Rahul, Rohit Sharma (c), Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh

Zimbabwe

Tactics & Matchups:

The conditions at the World Cup has allowed for the front-loading of bowling attacks. Bangladesh bowled Taskin Ahmed out upfront and he bowled beautifully albeit unsuccessfully in Adelaide. Zimbabwe could draw from it and have the excellent Muzarabani target India's top-order early. Rohit Sharma for one, has survived past the PowerPlay only once in four games so far.

Batting has brought all of Zimbabwe's worry lines and attempts to re-jig the order haven't borne fruit. Regis Chakabva for one started as an opener, slipped down to No.6 and then climbed back up to No.3 for the Netherlands game without any success. It remains to be seen if further changes are on the menu.

Probable XI: Wesley Madhevere, Craig Ervine (c), Regis Chakabva (wk), Sean Williams, Sikandar Raza, Milton Shumba, Ryan Burl, Luke Jongwe, Richard Ngarava, Tendai Chatara, Blessing Muzarabani

KJasoosChulbulP thumbnail

Ty for tagging me. But am off to bed. 

and what a shocking result. SA now out of wc πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”. 

No such thing is ..this will be easy win. 

Viswasruti thumbnail

Pitch & Weather Report-- 

The MCG has hosted only one other game in this tournament following that India-Pakistan classic with as many as three games getting washed out. 

That is not a concern for tomorrow's game, with the forecast keeping rain threat at a bare minimum. The MCG track has offered good bounce and pace for fast bowlers (21 wickets at 7.52 ER) who have enjoyed the added insurance the big square boundaries. The average score batting first in the two games has been 158.

T20I Head to Head: India 5-2 Zimbabwe. These two sides haven't met in a T20I since 2016 and haven't played each other in a T20 World Cup before.

Viswasruti thumbnail

Did you know?

- Captains winning toss have won only 38.2% of matches this World Cup - second-lowest for a T20 World Cup, after the 2012 edition and in stark contrast to the last two editions, in 2016 (63.6%) and 2021 (66.7%)

- With 11 wickets from 22 overs at 6.77 ER, Blessing Muzarabani is the joint second-highest wicket-taker in the tournament.

- Virat Kohli has been dismissed only once in four games and currently averages 220 at a strike-rate of 144.73 in this competition.

What they said:

"I thought my entire sunscreen will be used. Unfortunately, no (laughs). It's hit me. I generally like cold weather. I've been to England and played a lot of cricket there, but this has been very unique and different. If you are playing a Test match, you can warm up through the day or get better, but playing T20 cricket in this weather, not to know what the surface will be like, how it will respond, what the weather is like, it's been a new experience coming to Australia. Yeah, it's been a unique World Cup that way." - Ravichandran Ashwin on the unique challenges of this World Cup

"This is a great opportunity to bowl against some of the best guys in the world, so there's no reason why guys would not want to actually get out there and produce the goods. How often do you get the opportunity to put Virat Kohli in your pocket? I'm pretty sure that our fast bowlers will be raring to go come tomorrow." - Craig Ervine says his fast bowlers are eager to get going against the famed Indian batting line-up.

Viswasruti thumbnail
Originally posted by: KJasoosChulbulP

Ty for tagging me. But am off to bed. 

and what a shocking result. SA now out of wc πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”. 

No such thing is ..this will be easy win. 

Overconfidence ruined SA's Semifinal chances. 

They are cursed team, rain spoiled their chances earlier. 

Viswasruti thumbnail

😊

Edited by Viswasruti - 1 years ago
Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

I hope Ind won't be overconfident with this one...

All d best to team India⭐️

F.I.T.B thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Seeing bhuvi I only expect he don't do some migraine bowling πŸ˜†