Watched DDLJ on big screen after 27 years of release.

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

It was a good experience. Theater was actually almost full. Only 1/4th of the seats were empty. I didn't expect so many people to show up for such an old movie. It made sense for Avatar re-release because that movie can only be enjoyed on big screen. But DDLJ doesn't really warrants big screen experience. 

But still, watching the movie on the big screen with a crowd of SRK and DDLJ fans really enhanced my enjoyment. The cheers, claps and whistles during SRK and Kajol entry, and during all the iconic scenes, songs and dialogues, it felt amazing. Really enjoyed it!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Looks like Bollywood is desperately trying to make money in anyway it can ! 

Stone-Cold thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Not really, DDLJ is iconic and when it does get re-released in theatres the demand is always there. It’s been re-released here in the UK quite a few times, it’s always a houseful when it’s on. I’d love to see many other older films like HAHK re-released here, but it’s never been re-released here

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Stone-Cold

Not really, DDLJ is iconic and when it does get re-released in theatres the demand is always there. It’s been re-released here in the UK quite a few times, it’s always a houseful when it’s on. I’d love to see many other older films like HAHK re-released here, but it’s never been re-released here

I love DDLJ too ! But the point is most of the movies they are making now a days are flops. So it might help them recover. 

JayaBachan thumbnail

I still get goosebumps watching SRK’s entry + fight scene on youtube. The way I would scream if I ever experienced it at the cinemas. 🙂

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: FingerFetish

I still get goosebumps watching SRK’s entry + fight scene on youtube. The way I would scream if I ever experienced it at the cinemas. 🙂

Surprised to know you haven't watched DDLJ in theatres.😆 You can catch it in Maratha Mandir if you ever go to Mumbai. 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

IDK where OP saw the movie but DDLJ never stopped playing at Maratha Mandir. It has been shown on special screenings all over the world since its release. This is not a new or novel money-making idea. 

NoraSM thumbnail

I watched it last night with fellow SRK fans and it was a riot, have never enjoyed a movie more than we did yesterday. Everyone knew all the dialogues and songs, they were singing, dancing and cheering throughout the film