A Thread Tying The Past To The Future...

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

If there's one thing the makers of Gud Se Meetha Ishq excel at then that would be drawing parallels.  ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

I was in awe with the scene where Kajal hugged Neel's jacket reminiscing her horrifying past in the 100th episode. And today, during the pre-finale when they drew another parallel between Kajal's letters, I felt tears rolling down my eyes. 😭 😭 😭

For the last couple of episodes, I have been confused.    While mistakes have been done at both ends, how justified was Kajal's decision to leave Neel? Specially after he confessed she was his PEACE? 😒 😒 😒

Today we got our answer, or at least, I did...

For Kajal, it has always been about Neel's happiness. She chose to stay in a house where she was abused 24/7 just because she knew how important their friendship was to him. So when that same girl accepted a job offer over their marriage, the ardent NeiKa fan in me was infuriated. 😡 😡 😡 It felt like an insult to Neel's commitment when the guy has done everything in his power to make her feel secure in their relationship. 😭 😭 😭

But... Certain lines should never be crossed and when it's done, perhaps a lifetime falls short to salvage the damage. 🥺 🥺 🥺

I still remember Kajal's confession to Neel at the temple...

“Jab Hum Mere Gao Se Bus Mein Delhi Ke Taraaf Aa Rahe The, To Mujhe Aisa Laga Ki Mahadev Ne Mera Har Sapna Sach Kar Dia... 

Par Baadal Chahe Sapno Ka Ho Ya Paani Ka, Phat-ta Zaroon Hain. Aur Phat-ta Hain To Tabahi Bhi Hoti Hain.

Delhi Ki Bus Stand Pe Jab Maine Pavitra Ji Ko Dekha, To Mere Sapno Ka Badal Phat Gaya Neel Ji.

Sach Ki Aisi Baarish Hui Ki Main Andar Apni Rooh Tak Tapti Chali Gayi. Tab Ehsaas Hua Neel Ji, Ki Main Itni Bhi Khaas Nahi...” 

I can't really blame Neel for losing his temper on this particular incident. I guess when it comes to handling difficult situations, the guy is so calm and mature in his approach that very often we forget that he's a human being too. I don't know about the others but personally, I have lashed out at fellow classmates and/or my family members in case of misplacing important documents. 

It's easy to say a job is not more important than your life. I don't deny that either. But when you are receiving one blow after another, missing out on an opportunity that could establish your career would make anyone angry. The term "Illiterate" was uncalled for but I admit, that's the first word that comes to your mind when someone meddles with your official documents.

However, as surprising as it was, questioning his decision to marry Kajal brought out her deepest fears once again as she was made to realize the class difference between her and Neel was so high that perhaps she would never be able to cross that boundary and reach out to him. 🥺 🥺 🥺

Mr. Bhalla's threat was simply the straw that broke the camel's back. Sure, the way ITV makes its villains omnipresent and all-powerful is laughable but in the corporate world or any other field, messing up with the wrong people can do permanent damage to one's career.   

Kajal may be the love of Neel's life but as harsh as it sounds, togetherness loses its charm when one gets perished under the burden of reality. In the long run, Neel would be miserable and as Kajal said herself, she could be anything but a hurdle in his progress. So she chose the easy way out. Instead of fighting, she gave up.

Do I resent her for giving up? Yes, a part of me does. Noble idiocy can never be encouraged and right now Kajal is simply being a noble idiot.

But do I feel sympathy for her? The answer to that question will also be a yes for I believe love and insecurity are directly proportional. The more you love someone, the greater becomes your fear to lose them. Sure, as a Neel fan I understand the frustration that what more can Neel do to assuage her fear!    However, being the audience who has seen the journey of Kajal Bhatt to Kajal Neel Khurana, I understand the damage Neel's words have caused to her heart. 😭 🤗 🤗 🤗 😭 He was the one who encouraged her to fly high. So when he made her feel worthless, her optimism gave up before her insecurity. 🥺 🥺 🥺

The first letter she had written to Neel alerted a lot of people who in their attempt to separate the couple created one mess after another, leading to their ultimate union. And as she wrote another letter today, it sealed her fate forever since she paid the price of her love through her ultimate sacrifice.

Kudos to Pankhuri Awasthy, Ishhan Dhawan, the writer, the director, and the entire team of GSMI for making this scene so heartbreakingly beautiful! 🥺 👏 🥺 👏 🥺

Edited by Nush_Rat - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HeirofSharingan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

The post.. 💔💔 

Reading this post made me realize why you said Kaju reminded you of Ranveer. She has her own insecurities and pains to deal with, and she never found that assurance that would make her hold on to the people she loved (or here, the person she loves). She has had her own dreams and aspirations, and equally daunting hurdles, sometimes in form of society and sometimes in form of her family. When she met Neel and fell in love with him, she must have found a stronghold for herself, the only anchor keeping her grounded. But sadly, even that couldn't alleviate her sufferings. It did give her some respite, but not the permanent relief. 

I'm not sure what to say about Neel. I neither find him too much guilty nor too much innocent. Probably he isn't meant to be either or maybe he's both? But as I've always felt, the characters don't always have to be justified. They're characters for a reason. 

Let's see how it turns out. I'm hoping they have a happy ending. 

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

I'm glad that you liked it. 😊

And you are right, none of them is completely justified here. These are beautifully etched characters who are capable of committing mistakes yet evoke sympathy. 🤗

Let's just hope they get their perfect ending tomorrow. 😊