Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Qwest thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

DHEEMI DHEEMI : The eternal romanticism with demure emotions of nubile nymphet filled with fresh whiff air comes straight away from the ever smoothening voice of Shreya Ghoshal in the soundtrack -- "Dheemi Dheemi". It's Ilaiayraja's finest musical display where he uses the subtle stringed instruments with modulating melodious vocals of Shreya Ghoshal in a perfect way. Nitin Raikwar's meaningful and penetrative lyrics perfectly match with brilliant music and mellifluous vocals. The song has the innocent emotions of a young girl when love enters her life. Shreya Ghoshal's prowess and panache in delivering sentimental ballads shows its dominance and excels throughout the soundtrack. GREAT SHOW!

Edited by Qwest - 17 years ago
Bhaskar.T thumbnail
Bobda post the Tamil one too. She is just awesome. With every new song that I listen to of her I am turning int a bigger fan of her.

Maybe I am biased but still will put down here as my own point of View. Bollywood finally found a singer who can be a good replacement for Lata Ji.

Qwest thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bhaskar.T

Bobda post the Tamil one too. She is just awesome. With every new song that I listen to of her I am turning int a bigger fan of her.

Maybe I am biased but still will put down here as my own point of View. Bollywood finally found a singer who can be a good replacement for Lata Ji.

Dada, Listen to her singing Tamil.

http://music.galatta.com/entertainment/music/newgalattamusic .asp?songs=,7370&sing=hai

*Jaya* thumbnail

This is the latest song from the album 'Ustaad and the Divas' where Shreya pairs up with Ustaad Sultaan Khan... The song is already topping non-film chart all over... 😊

AznDesi thumbnail

Originally posted by: jayc1234

This is the latest song from the album 'Ustaad and the Divas' where Shreya pairs up with Ustaad Sultaan Khan... The song is already topping non-film chart all over... 😊

Leja Leja is hands down one of 2006's BEST!! no competition! it was so good  😳
Qwest thumbnail

Bhaskar Da,
This one is unbelievable you cannot even tell that she is a Bong listen to her. I just cannot stop listen to her. here is the link for you.

Song : Manasa Adagava
Movie Name : Shiva-Telugu (2006)
Singer : Shreya Ghoshal
Music Director : Ilayaraja
Lyrics : Veturi

Qwest thumbnail

Dada here is another great song from Shiva (2006)

MUSIC: Illayaraja 

Shreya Ghoshal, Roop Kumar Rathod
http://www.raaga.com/playerV31/index.asp?pick=36199&mode =3&rand=0.058817288461750605&bhcp=1
Qwest thumbnail

Qwest thumbnail
Music

Hindi Album Reviews - January 18, 2007

Reviews by Dr Mandar V Bichu

Ustad And The Divas
Sandesh Shandilya
In 2000, Sandesh Shandilya came up with Piya Basanti, a brilliant album pairing Ustad Sultan Khan and Chitra together. After a long hiatus comes this interesting follow-up album from the same composer where he presents Ustad with three reigning divas Chitra, Sunidhi Chouhan and Shreya Ghoshal.

Sultan Khan, the sarangi maestro-turned-singer, has a peculiar bass-heavy and gravelly voice which provides a contrasting, colourful backdrop to the sweet feminine voices. Amongst Ustad's partners, Chouhan seems to be his favourite as she gets three duets as oppossed to the other two singers. However, Ghoshal's Le Jaa Le Jaa Re, Chitra's Haaye Re and Chouhan's Billo are the highlights of this album. Shandilya's tunes are earthy. It is a well-composed, well-sung album. What is unacceptable is that rather than utilising the opportunity to create 10 original tunes, the composer opts to fill up the album with four remixes of already featured songs.

Qwest thumbnail
On a classical trip
Shreya Ghoshal on her first non-film album with Ustad Sultan Khan

A NEW EXPERIENCE Shreya Ghoshal

When Shreya Ghoshal, all of 22 and classically trained, met Ustad Sultan Khan for her debut non-film music album, The Ustad and the Divas, she had apprehensions about him as he is said to be strict and unapproachable. "But he turned out to be one of the most humble artistes I have ever come across. It helps establishing a rapport while singing. I felt honoured singing with him," says Shreya.

Soon she "realised that the Ustad doesn't sing bandish. I didn't have a spec of knowledge as to how to render harkat and murki effortlessly as he does in his experienced, exotic and soulful voice. But after a few rehearsals, everything fell into place."

The T-series YBR Records' album was launched recently.

The album brings three singers, Shreya Ghoshal, Sunidhi Chauhan and Chitra, together with the Ustad. Sandesh Shandilya has scored the music.

Shreya sings two songs in it. One of them, she says, is a romantic Pahari folk. The Ustad chips in with a long taan, singing me muiye, indicating a longing call to the beloved.

Her popular numbers

Shreya, who made her mark in Hindi film music starting with Jism in which her song Jadoo Hain fetched her the National Award, followed by Bairi Piya in Devdas, added to her illustrious kitty with songs in Parineeta (Piya Bole) and Lage Raho Munna Bhai (Har Pal).

To stay ahead of the competition, she works 24x7. "I even have my lunch and dinner in my car while rushing from one recording studio to another. Because of work pressure, I have to often cut down my riyaaz time. My mother insists I finish my post graduation, as I was a good student . I was best at genetics. I could have become a scientist if I had pursued it," says Shreya, whose father is a nuclear physicist. "But I told her the ultimate aim is to be good at what you do. She seems convinced now."

The young singer feels Bollywood has started "glamourising music too much." It is time classical music is given its due place in Hindi film music, she says. "Otherwise most stylised songs become club numbers. That leaves little choice for music lovers of our generation. And that's why we end up relying more and more on old Lata and Rafi songs."

For now, Shreya has a couple of more films on hand, including Badal, Guru, Salam-e-Ishq.

RANA SIDDIQUI