BRAHMASTRA - Made it's 1st RECORD - HIGHEST ADVANCE for Hindi Film

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

Brahmastra On Course For RECORD Advance For Original Hindi Films

Thursday 08 September 2022 12.30 ISTBox Office India Trade Network

Google+ Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Addthis

Twitter logo link

Brahmastra remains on course for a RECORD advance for original Hindi films as it could be the first original Hindi film to cross the 30 crore nett mark in terms of advance. The advance stood at around 18 crore nett plus on Wednesday night which is the highest ever with a day to go. In the national multiplex chains it is the second highest ever behind KGF 2 and ahead of Bahubali - The Conclusion with a day to go. This is in terms of collections. KFG 2 and Bahubali - The Conclusion are the only two filsm to cross 30 crore in advance but both are dubbed films and not original Hindi films.

If this was pre pandemic then you could say with certainty that the advance will be a record and cross 30 crore nett with one day to go but post pandemic the trends are different film to film and it is much more difficult to tell exactly how much is going to be sold on the final day of advance.

The advance is driven by excellent sales at the national chains especially in 3D with sales on Saturday being super strong and only 30% less than the first day which is very rare. The advance is less is at places like Gujarat / Saurashtra and the Central circuits but even here it is more than anyone would have expeceted before advance started. Its just comparatively these circuits are a bit lower than others. 

The final advance of the film is likely to end in the 27-32 crore nett range and wherever it falls it is an excellent advance and if we talk post pandemic than it is phenomenal. The advance of the film should be enough to break two myths in the industry.

One that all this boycott fiasco is just in the virtual world and not a reality so best not to give importance and once the HIT films in time it will die a natural death. The industry does not need to say much on this as good films will do all the talking themselves. The media also tends to claim it is not a good time to release Hindi films mainly due to this boycott external factor but like always today is as good as any time for a film which the audience is interested in.

The second myth is that of high ticket prices as Brahmastra has record ticket prices for a Hindi film with only a few Hollywood films showing higher average ticket rates. It is the first time dynamic pricing system has been seen at PVR and Inox as prices automatically adjust slightly higher when there is a demand at a certain theatre. The distribution theory that a high ticket price can never stop sales if the film is interesting enough still holds true. There is that issue of cinema going cost generally being too high today and that also still holds as most films are unable to generate interest with the audience so at the moment need incentives from exhibitors to get people in. It can be read about that here.

Source

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

What 30 cr in just advance..😲.I want to smoke whatever BOI is smoking...😳

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Yes, the advance has surpassed every calculation. 

At least it has done its opening work; now it is up to the audience. Film Weekend tak hi chalegi or it will be the biggest Hindi film.

FlyOnTheWall thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 2 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Ye movie ka jo scale hai isko waise hi under hype kiya hai thoda confidently sell karte to kya hi alag scene rahta

Question - Ye bol raha KGF aur Bahubali jaisa advance hai lekin rrr ka to Bahubali se jyada tha aur collection to uska alag hi level pe tha fir?

Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

As much as I’m excited for this movie, I do not trust Dharma productions. God knows how many tickets they bought. Will wait for audience reviews. 

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sharpener

As much as I’m excited for this movie, I do not trust Dharma productions. God knows how many tickets they bought. Will wait for audience reviews. 

O M G................... E R A S E R 🥳

Welcome BACK Dear ❤️

#salman khan from らᴬᴸᴹᴬƝᴱᴺᴼ

Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

O M G................... E R A S E R 🥳

Welcome BACK Dear ❤️

#salman khan from らᴬᴸᴹᴬƝᴱᴺᴼ

Missed you Billa! So good to see you posting here again, welcome back to you too! 

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sharpener

Missed you Billa! So good to see you posting here again, welcome back to you too! 

I am so happy to see you back again. How are you? I hope everything is alright at your end. Your RK will have his biggest opening tomorrow.

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlyOnTheWall

Ye movie ka jo scale hai isko waise hi under hype kiya hai thoda confidently sell karte to kya hi alag scene rahta

Bang on. If you won’t back your product and promote it by going all out, who else will? Go hard or go home. The amount of investment and risk involved here is HUGE. I wish they did more to promote the CONTENT of this movie, as opposed to randomly turning up to IIT and cracking stupid jokes. I genuinely think they’re so scared of falling flat on their face, that they’re playing it cool. Either way, you’re setting yourself up to fail so you might as well go in hard.

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

That's for all 3 days, not just Friday