broken trust -- aryan and imlie

Posted: 1 years ago

So I watched yesterday's episode -- Aryan finding out the truth and Imlie getting kicked out -- and I liked it! so here are my (unpopular) thoughts:

-- I really don't think Aryan or Arylie is being butchered here. instead, what it shows is a relationship that is so much in tatters that it can no longer take lapses in communication. that is realistic. 

-- a fun nookie night does not solve matters if the couple have not talked out their issues, when sober. since neither aryan or imlie started the healing process by talking out their issues, they both retreated back to a previous position. 

-- aryan at least tried to ask what was going on with an open mind but since she didn't disclose to him, it now seems like she is giving him excuses that are all over the place. 

-- aryan shutting down was great to watch performance wise and it makes sense. it does not mean aryan is butchered. in fact, if aryan had blindly supported imlie, I would have raised an eyebrow. instead, what it shows is that trust is earned. if you break someone's trust and keep disappointing folks, they will eventually get tired of your drama. you cannot select when to disclose and when to push people away. people are not robots who are going to come running to you just when you need support and when you don't see them as part of your plan, you push them away. that is not a relationship. 

-- imlie is learning the hard way that you can't expect someone to have your back when you don't put in the work. that is unfair to lay on the other person's feet. just because imlie is the heroine of this drama does not mean aryan is just there as a side note. his job is not there to just support her when she has a bad day or when she is in trouble. relationships are a two way street. 

-- it shows clearly that a relationship is a continous process of building trust, talking out your issues and communicating. when you don't do that, it is irrelevant if you love each other but it can break down into a dysfunctional puddle. many families love each other but they are falling apart these days because everyone is busy and no one talks to each other. this means when crisis hits, cracks that were there earlier gain more prominence. from that sense, aryan shutting down on imlie was spot on in terms of story

-- am actually glad to see that some of the criticisms that some of us had with this whole gudiya track has been addressed directly through malini. she asked if imlie's interest in the baby was because of aditya and why didn't imlie call the police. imlie demonstrates exactly why police give out public service notice through news to not take in random abandoned babies and instead report immediately to the authorities. even innocent bystanders can be seen as unwitting kidnappers or accomplices. this is what happens here and am glad to see the allegations thrown at imlie. respect for the law of the country!!!

-- some folks were annoyed at the rathores for not saying anything but even their reaction of total stupefied shock seemed on point. they welcomed imlie and this girl and now, they find out that it is malini's daughter and there are allegations of kidnapping. with so many lies and half-truths, they have no way of knowing who is saying what. the truth is confusing. do they simply assume imlie is telling the truth because of what they knew of her five years ago? do they question what happened because imlie was depressed? do they wonder how imlie ended up with a child that clearly belongs to malini? 

-- if this hadn't been the end of the season, this conflict would have been great to watch it play out and see how a relationship can be restored. however, since we are heading for season 2, who knows if this couple will genuinely rebuild their relationship or not. 

why do we need open discussion and communication? 

Relationships are about trust. If you have to play detective, then it's  time to move on. | Trust quotes, Sneaky people quotes, Sneaky quotes

I may disagree with you on some points. But I do agree about the communication part. I said this in a post in the morning that none of them have even tried to talk to each other keeping their differences aside for some time. All they do is argue. While many episodes post the leap have been good, there still has not been a single proper conversation between them. Whenever they come close it is due to Cheeni. This is something I don't like. Why does everything have to become about her? Now it is understandable as we know s2 is coming. Overall post leap most of the things have been revolving around her, her excessive prominence in everything has bothered me a lot. Back to AryLie,they don't even want to put any effort to communicate. They simply want their partner to understand everything without even voicing out anything. If they keep playing pehle tum, pehle tum in their mind nothing will change between them.

But due to the leap they will just have a half-baked reunion only to be killed later on. Today with Mayuri's post many are speculating that she has wrapped up shoot. If this is true then the others also might do that soon. So, really don't know how much time we have before the leap. 

Originally posted by G259

I may disagree with you on some points. But I do agree about the communication part. I said this in a post in the morning that none of them have even tried to talk to each other keeping their differences aside for some time. All they do is argue. While many episodes post the leap have been good, there still has not been a single proper conversation between them. Whenever they come close it is due to Cheeni. This is something I don't like. Why does everything have to become about her? Now it is understandable as we know s2 is coming. Overall post leap most of the things have been revolving around her, her excessive prominence in everything has bothered me a lot. Back to AryLie,they don't even want to put any effort to communicate. They simply want their partner to understand everything without even voicing out anything. If they keep playing pehle tum, pehle tum in their mind nothing will change between them.

But due to the leap they will just have a half-baked reunion only to be killed later on. Today with Mayuri's post many are speculating that she has wrapped up shoot. If this is true then the others also might do that soon. So, really don't know how much time we have before the leap. 

yea I agree with you -- they are a couple first and so they need to chat it out themselves. so I was rather meh on cheeni playing cupid. so I know that some fans felt aryan was butchered but I really felt that the realtionship is already in tatters. what is there to butcher? instead, it was more realistic depiction of how relationships broken can look like. it is obviously sad but love isn't enough. you need to talk it out. like you said, magically wanting your partner's support without communicating is bizarre -- that is not romantic or realistic. 

in other dramas, this sort of conflict would be one of the many climaxes and it would just get better and better. so when the relationship is mended, you really feel that they are a true pairing and they are now good. but yea, just like you, expecting a half-baked reunion before they get killed. 

Edited by mango.falooda - 1 years ago

I actually agree with you and had the shadow of season 2 not be hanging over us I think this could be the catalyst they need to actually start working on their relationship, despite the SR they had got into a rut of hiding their thoughts and feelings regarding their relationship and therefore nothing was being resolved, such a bitter and long separation in the real world would be very difficult to resolve, a few catch and falls were not going to fix their issues. 

They are both too scared of getting hurt again and they both know they share the blame for the separation as they admitted when intoxicated, as a story premise could be beautiful to watch to see how they work things out. Post leap I would say Aryan wanted to end the separation and Imlie didn't think it was possible for practical reasons - Chinni secret being a major factor, in a role reversal he's following his heart and Imlie her head. 

Aryan was never shown to be a perfect man, progressive but not perfect, for all his mentoring of Imlie he was never very good at managing his own emotional responses to events or helping Arpita getting over her issues. From the beginning we are shown Aryan to not cope well with loss of loved ones and defaults to the blame game as he did with Arvind/AKT and allows it to fester for years using tunnel vision, they guy was planning his revenge for 4 years based on some fairly low level dubious facts about AKT involvement. Aryan's Cheeku response is actually almost repeat of that behaviour, and Imlie witnessed that all and yet she walked away from their relationship after one angry argument? Like she was just a guest in his life - hence the chapter comment today.

And since Imlie has been back in RM all she has done is talk about leaving again and its been killing Aryan because he could not really understand why,  and with Chinni's truth coming out like it did he probably feels that she is prioritising Chinni over him/their marriage as he felt she was doing over Gudiya over Cheeku too. And that is hard to take given that he has spent the last 5 years missing her and berating himself for his part in the separation. I think he now accepts that they both lost Cheeku, Imlie didnt take him away from anyone and that needed to said and Imlie finally did yesterday. But Aryan should never have mentioned AKT in the context he did, that's borderline questioning Imlies love for him and he knows that it was completely uncalled for -as he told Malini yesterday, but how does Imlie ever prove to Aryan that for her AKT being Chinnis dad is irrelevant to her? How does she know he won't throw his name in her face next time they have an angry exchange.

Imlie had her reasons for wanting to leave RM - insecurities  about Aryan's feelings and expectations, guilt of the miscarriage and Chinnis safety. I do think Imlie feels she's the only one who truly understands how dangerous Malini is for Chinni, and I think she's probably right about that too, Aryan hates and mistrusts Malini but with the confidence of knowing he can handle Malini, Imlie doesnt have that confidence - Malini has got the better of Imlie too many times. Also the non-remembered SR has made her feel even more unsure of her place and role in Aryans world, she's never been one to demand her haq over anyone, because if she had she would never have left RM, it was their marital home she had every right to live there. Aryan believed pre separation that they were in the kind of relationship where both had full haq on each other. Aryan wants her to accept that she is his wife and not a guest in his life and she keeps fighting that, like when Imlie tried to give money to Aryan for Chinnis treatment he was very angry and hurt.

So on Thursday I think she's returning to RM, for Chinnis sake and this time she wants/needs to be there so there will be a change in their relationship dynamic especially if she starts demanding her rights as his wife and I hope this time we see the relationship reset and growth we were expecting post leap...

With Malini leaving too I can't help thinking we are getting a happy ending for season 1 and that season 2 will be a completely new story.

Same. It's a good conflict after ages. And i really don't have a heart to watch with the upcoming uncertainty 💔

Need to detach myself and get through with it 😂

Originally posted by Sana2020

Aryan was never shown to be a perfect man, progressive but not perfect, for all his mentoring of Imlie he was never very good at managing his own emotional responses to events or helping Arpita getting over her issues. From the beginning we are shown Aryan to not cope well with loss of loved ones and defaults to the blame game as he did with Arvind/AKT and allows it to fester for years using tunnel vision, they guy was planning his revenge for 4 years based on some fairly low level dubious facts about AKT involvement. Aryan's Cheeku response is actually almost repeat of that behaviour, and Imlie witnessed that all and yet she walked away from their relationship after one angry argument? Like she was just a guest in his life - hence the chapter comment today.

I haven't seen the episode yet (since I have to wait till tommorow) but I am looking forward to seeing how it phrased. but the way you have phrased it makes sense why aryan feels betrayed. he saw her fighting like a leech with the tripathis where she ran and clung to them. so it would have felt like a low blow that she did not do the same for him and hung in there and argued back with him. more than anything, he may have been itching for a long long long fight where they blow out all their frustration but she walking out kind of denied them both the outlet they needed to vent. 

Originally posted by Sana2020

And since Imlie has been back in RM all she has done is talk about leaving again and its been killing Aryan because he could not really understand why,  and with Chinni's truth coming out like it did he probably feels that she is prioritising Chinni over him/their marriage as he felt she was doing over Gudiya over Cheeku too. And that is hard to take given that he has spent the last 5 years missing her and berating himself for his part in the separation. I think he now accepts that they both lost Cheeku, Imlie didnt take him away from anyone and that needed to said and Imlie finally did yesterday. But Aryan should never have mentioned AKT in the context he did, that's borderline questioning Imlies love for him and he knows that it was completely uncalled for -as he told Malini yesterday, but how does Imlie ever prove to Aryan that for her AKT being Chinnis dad is irrelevant to her? How does she know he won't throw his name in her face next time they have an angry exchange.

I felt from the beginning that their love story wasn't quite done right and it didn't properly explore the issues and concerns with a second marriage matched with a first marriage. the dynamics, the lessons, the possible pitfalls -- those were all glossed over because of the pressure for arylie being this sort of golden couple. 

we never got the true trajectory of how she processed the end of her first marriage and her having an honest convo with aryan about it. her attachment to chini is a bit questionable if we don't see the reasoning for it. the writers really didn't do a good job for many of us and it is a good opportunity to set the record straight -- why does she care about the child of her ex? with them setting up for season 2, they need to address that which is why we are having these questions flung at imlie. 

I think it is totally okay for aryan to have insecurities and fears as he is not perfect. instead of an emotioal pushback from imlie "oh you doubt me", a mature spelling it out and talking about the past relationship needs to happen in order for arylie to true mature. since they haven't had that, it makes sense why it is coming back up again. often times, it has felt like aryan is afraid to spell out his own insecurities and fears and is under pressure to be this perfect support to imlie. however, he is a person as flawed as imlie. so he obviously would have lows and highs. if they have done that right, it would have been a good example to show how someone with a past marriage (divorcee or widow) can marry someone who wasn't married earlier and what to do and not do. 

that said, with the leap happening, we will get some half-baked version and not the kind of love story that I had hoped to see when arylie started. oh well..... 

Originally posted by Param-Sundari

Same. It's a good conflict after ages. And i really don't have a heart to watch with the upcoming uncertainty 💔

Need to detach myself and get through with it 😂

you can do it! I thought I would be bored but I was actually entertained. and when the dhobi bag made its entrance yet again, I laughed. gosh, someone tell these people to buy imlie a proper bag please! 😆